What's new

$5,000 LED Grow Light Promotion - Forum Members Only (no mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Hey LED, Would love to work with any of your products. Missed the last offer and would love to get down on this one! I have tons of extra room and resources. I have been running Hydro for the past few years, but have gone thru it all, and very well versed. Just did a test run of Tom Hill's DC. I can compare your units at 600 and 1k HPS...

K

khaleel

blazeoneup (what up), tropical rain (hiya friend), hazy (killin it always :smokey:), tonatiuh (piiiiiiiimp :pimp3:)

hi everyone, just puttin in my two cents:

hazy would kill it and have a killer thread.

tonatiuh would kill it and everyone with it (lol) and have a killer thread too.

either of these two guys and you can take it to the bank, certified, it is gonna be a good show and quality work.

blazeoneup is a damn fine and talented grower, gotta give him his due. inspired my first try at organic soil mixes. good stuff. tropical rain is a good guy, though guiltily i haven't spent much time on his threads.

hope that helps :wave: great idea for a run. can't wait to see the results. thanks to everyone on the site for such a great place :canabis:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Giz a light - i can grow! :D

Giz a light - i can grow! :D

Having already bought a 63watt 1st generation unit and running a popular diary on it, i'm confident that my intensive growing style suits these LED's very well. they give out a lot of light in a small footprint so its about training the plants to cram as many buds into the space as possible. Given that these LED units give out very little heat, their advantages over HID for cabinet growing should be huge. many people have to use cooltubes with hid in their cab which just cuts down the light - this wouldnt be necessary with LED.

my method is organic soil and i have a 'standard' mix that works successfully for nearly all my strains.

ive been running my bigger 250 watt cab diary for a while now and it has had nearly 50,000 hits in 6 months which is, i believe, the fastest hit rate in the grow diaries section - in it i have documented grows of quite a few different strains, many of which i keep mums for. im getting to the stage where imo i have pretty much maxed out on the yield i can get in this cab with a 250 HID - the light is my limiting factor.

what i really want to do now is replace the 250 with one of the 205 watt LED units and run the strains again to see how much the similar (but less) watts of LED can increase my bud quality and yield. if they give out a lot more light then i dont see why it shouldnt give better results - and anyone would be happy to be using 50 watts/20% less electricity and getting more yield and better buds wouldnt they???
so whilst this wouldn't be a side by side as in both grows running at the same time, it would be a great comparison because i have already documented and published the results of the 250HID over the last few grows. the way i train my plants onto foot square screens means that many potential variables are removed. the way my plants grow is consistent and standardised. you wont find one cola sticking out the top and meaning that the other buds suffer - i get all my buds in the sweet spot :) - because the screens are modular i can adjust the heights of each plant too to give an even canopy.

whilst i see the point in comparisons to much higher watt HID lights, i think that they always end up leading to arguments about claimed equivalency. why not have at least one test doing more of a watt for watt comparison and seeing how much BETTER the LED's can do.
after all yield is about grams/watt when it comes down to it - that's the bottom line for most growers.

here are some pics but check my grow diary for more - i grow organic soil on 1 ft square modular scrog screens and fit 4 plants like these in my cab. i have documented yields under 250 HID for at least 2 runs for each of these strains in my diary already with plenty of pics. all i need to do is replace the light with one of yours and continue to do what i am doing. i generally update with pics 1-2 times per week.

obviously if i got the new light i would start a fresh diary - but the old one would still be there for all to see and i could post the 250 watt pics in the new diary for 'side by side' comparison.

4 plants together
picture.php

UK cheese - 16 colas in a square foot
picture.php

sharksbreath finished at 75 days - if i get a free light i promise to pick the dead leaves off for the photos :D
picture.php

NL - well finished :)
picture.php

here is the whole cab with 4 screens/plants in
picture.php

thanks

V.

p.s. good luck to all! - i would also say hazy, unc and Ton. would be good bets

Last edited:

MeanBean

Dude, you got the SCROG down. I will be trying that someday! I am going to use your design to come up with A CIRCLE STYLE SCREEN. For my 5Gal buckets.

Not yet though, just gotta test some other pruning techniques, FIM, and possibly growing from seed.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks meanbean, i would consider square screens though as they fit together to fill the space without any gaps - thats the point ;)

V.

high4free

I think that the 205 will rock in VG's style.
An almost watt/watt test will really prove LED efficiency.
Hope you get the light man:smokeit:

Everyone: your input has been much appreciated.

One thing that makes certain gardeners stand out like a sore thumb, is when everyone else voices their support for that person. So far it seems like Blynxx and Hazy are two VERY popular growers ;)

KEEP EM COMING!!!

I think you mean Blaze? Looks like Blynx only posted to recommend Blaze :D

Blaze *is* the man for this trial - the guy has a dialed in method and obvious skills.

If those lights are capable of producing anything other than typical leafy LED buds, I'm sure he will be able to make it happen.

MeanBean

thanks meanbean, i would consider square screens though as they fit together to fill the space without any gaps - thats the point ;)

V.

Yeah but I want to be able to spin my plants for inspection!

Got a few seeds in my grow cause I couldn’t spin the plants to inspect and find hermies... well I had no more seeds of this strain, looks like I'll have about 10 now!!

Not saying that square wouldn't be better, I agree it would be!

MeanBean

Yeah, my vote is on seeing V. do a scrog with one of these units!!

I am sure all of these growers here are very qualified, I just know V is a very active member and look at ALL them buds off 250watts...

bloyd

Veteran
Yes, Another Verdantgreen scrog with a bigger, better led would be fantastic. The micro scrogs are so much fun to watch and in my opinion scrog is the way to go with the leds.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
I'ld love to see a grow from you under led, verdant, you got really huge buds under 250w ! keep the good job bro :)

GrassRoots

Just wanted to give a +1 to blazeoneup. I think he should be chosen, his threads and grows have all been really well done and I think he'll figure out how to max out the potential of the led's.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Just chiming in to say I'd recommend VG to get the 205w light....he does a great job on his current setup with a 250 and seems like the perfect person to show the capabilities of the your new square units. Good vibez

MeanBean

well acording to the available slots, he kind of fits into the 126 watt vs. the 250 HID...

More is always better though!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
ah ok didnt realize that...well in that case he gets my vote for the 126 or whatever is decided upon! Thanks for the clarification MeanBean :)

MeanBean

I still think he can do it well with the 126 watter!! I bet he could sqeeze the same results or better the first time. If not, after a few grows. he'll prolly want a few more LED panels once he can "harness the powa" hahaha!

In fact If i get a 126 unit I am going to have to grow in his shadow, Yikes!

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Crowd Chants...

The Crowd Chants...

Hazy! Hazy! Hazy! Just here to voice my support for hazy. Lots of
people follow his thread. Great grower and just a nice guy. :biggrin:
I'd like to follow hazy through some led grows.:smokeit:
I have some fresh c99 beans he might like to try under there. :whistling:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey meanbean true, i could probably match my 250 with a 126 watt unit - but i would prefer to really exceed my 250 with a 205 :) - i also really want a 2nd generation unit as the one that i already bought was a 1st gen.
either way i would be very happy to give it a go :) - guess it's a bit cheeky trying to make my own slot ;) - but thats me, a cheeky monkey :D

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.