What's new

$5,000 LED Grow Light Promotion - Forum Members Only (no mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDGirl

Veteran
As many of you know, we gave away several thousand dollars in free lights to various moderators on this forum back in November. Many of them have grows underway or near completion, showing what is possible with our lights in the hands of others. Granted there was a slight learning curve with a few of the members due to new conditions with LED (less heat, less frequent watering, etc...), but overall I think the mods are doing a pretty good job (no doubt their 2nd rounds will be better). :smokeit:

Back when the thread was shutdown for the free light give-away, I stated that our company would be doing another promotion in the future for members only. This is that promotion. :whistling:

We are looking for talented gardeners on the forums, who have plenty of experience with HID growing and are always after maximum yield. If you're new, or only have a few grows under your belt, please do us the favor and refrain from applying. All applicants should submit 2-4 photos of some of their "work", as well as a brief background on their experience and success with HID (grams per watt). Well-respected members are obviously put at the front of the line, and those with recommendations from other users will find themselves in the same position. All "winners" of this promotion, will be required to post grow journals on the forums (in the growing section), as well as links to those journals in their signature. We will ask for updates at least once per week, and that you follow some minor recommendations throughout your grow. Youtube videos at the end of your grows, are also highly encouraged.

Here is what we are offering:

1 Free 126W to a member willing to do a side-by-side comparison grow against a 250W HID.

1 Free 205W to a member willing to do a side-by-side comparison grow against a 400W HPS in Soil.

1 Free 205W to a member willing to do a side-by-side comparison grow against a 400W HPS in Hydro.

1 Free 205W to a member willing to do a side-by-side comparison grow with a ProSource 180W Jumbo in Hydro.

1 Free 345W to a member willing to do a side-by-side comparison grow with a Lumigrow ES (330W)

5 Individuals will receive a 126W unit (2nd Gen) at 50% off. This is only for those experienced in micro-grows, or simple scrog style setups.

I know the response on this will be overwhelming, so please don't expect a reply from us right away on who will be receiving what. Make SURE to state in your application post, what promo you are applying for, so we can keep everyone organized. We will make our decision on the winners within the next 1-2 weeks depending on the response. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
400 watt soil or hydro, i can do :joint: i've been super curious about these!
as far as experience, you could group me into the new/learning crowd!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

but i'm sure a much much more qualified individual will step forward!

good luck, great idea, take care :joint:
ArcticBlast

Last edited:
I

irishboy

one question? not to start $hit but shouldnt the 205w test be a 600w side x side since its claimed to be equal to a 600w hps? was their a reason why you want a 400w hps test instead of a 600w hps?

either way i would like to see that 205w unit go up against the PS 180w. that would be an interesting test to see.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This will be good to see some actual side by side setups going, good luck to all that get selected
I would love to join in but i'll be happy to watch for now
Peace all and good luck

LEDGirl

Veteran
shouldnt the 205w test be a 600w side x side since its claimed to be equal to a 600w hps? was their a reason why you want a 400w hps test instead of a 600w hps?

It is due to the footprint size of the light. We recommend using the 205W in a 30"x30" area, although it can support a maximum area of 3' x 3'. A 400W HID has a more comparable footprint to the 205W, allowing for the same number of plants to be grown under each fairly well. It is for this reason that we would prefer it be compared to a 400W.

MeanBean

Grower/Garden Application

Grower/Garden Application

Postion: 126 Watt Penetrator 2nd Gen Micro Grow:

Well no, I am not the most experienced in HPS, but I bet I can set the bar right now for the next few applications to come. Been growing in a cab for 3 grows now; defiantly got the basics down.

Grow Medium: DWC - Hydro Balls - 6” Net Pots – 5x2 Gal Buckets

picture.php

picture.php

Grow Space: Hidden Wall Space. The Full Closet style area is 24 In. Deep x 8 Ft. Wide x 7 Ft. High.
The

Vegetation area is designed for four plants but we will be using only 2. It’s Approximately 24 In. Wide by 24 In. Deep by 36 In. Tall

Flower Area: 30 In. Wide by 24 In. Deep by 40 In. Tall PER CHAMBER, notice I am missing a light??

Notice: Everything is to nearly exact scale. those are 5Gal buckets and that my 1st Gen 126 watter in the flower area

picture.php

picture.php

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series + Humboldt County's Own Gravity and Snow mixture.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Strain: Dutch Passion The Ultimate: Check it out in My Strains

I have a “The Ultimate “mother growing right now. By the time you make your decision she will be ready to provide clones. I would like to take 4 clones and keep the best 2. Then take them through the Vegetation cycle and Flower cycle under the second gen 126 watt Penetrator. Another option is I could grow 2 The Ultimate plants from seed.

Also as an added bonus I will be growing my Dutch passion Oasis right along side with my 1st gen 126er... YES the 2 chambers will be completly divided!

See how I have a divider for the 4 flowering plants??

OK now back to the grower. To clarify: The first grow you saw was questioned about Calcium Deficiency, I cut out the Vegetation nutrients a bit too early, won’t happen again.

Also I am a very Active blogger as you know and can defiantly help keep the discussion on track!

No Problem on Photos and Videos as well! I have all the Camera and the knowhow to get that stuff online well! Can’t say I am the most qualified but I have the Will, Equipment and Base knowledge to get a nice yield. I think some hobby growers would like to see it’s possible to have nice yields with less than perfect experience.

My Sample Video from Youtube Embeded into the Icmag Forum.

A Few More Notes: I am a OUSTANDING Member of the LED Growers Group, An Active Hydro Grow Customer, & If I Blow this grow I'll keep Trying to get the best yeild possible as a hobby Micro Grower.

Bla Some Strain Info If you’re too Lazy to look it up:
picture.php

Dutch Passion The Ultimate is from careful breeding. We have created one of our most important strains, we call it The Ultimate as it combines some of the heaviest yields we have ever seen with genuine connoisseur quality.

It's cannabis seeds produce heights of 60-75cm, ideal for the indoor grow room. Flowering time is 8-10 weeks, with explosive bud growth in the last 2 weeks. The Ultimate (50% Indica, 50% Sativa) will take plenty of nutrients during the growth cycle and is resistant to moulds and bud rot making it a good greenhouse choice too.

Our growers have never seen a plant yield as heavily with this level of quality. This is a recession busting strain of epic proportions and is guaranteed not to disappoint. This strain is already setting new standards amongst the Dutch commercial growers and is set to become a Dutch Passion legend.

More Options/ Info Available

Last edited:
I

irishboy

It is due to the footprint size of the light. We recommend using the 205W in a 30"x30" area, although it can support a maximum area of 3' x 3'. A 400W HID has a more comparable footprint to the 205W, allowing for the same number of plants to be grown under each fairly well. It is for this reason that we would prefer it be compared to a 400W.

but cant you just use a 600w and the same amount of plants and it would be the same? and keep each plant in the same size area. that way it would be a accurate way of testing the yield since the light is compared to a 600w hps. just keep both plants in the same size area. i am sure you will get allot more respect using a 600w HPS for that side x side test, since customers would want to see if the 205w led light would really match a 600w hps yield as claimed. its just a thought to think about.

either way i would like to see these test, and realy like to see the 205w vs 180w, since it will be diff from my test. now your light has the higher watts. be cool to see what happens.

U

unthing

Cool stuff there, and good luck for those to be selected.

205 w led versus 250 w hid might be interesting too. Also the square models alone will be interesting to see how they perform.

LEDGirl

Veteran
but cant you just use a 600w and the same amount of plants and it would be the same? and keep each plant in the same size area. that way it would be a accurate way of testing the yield since the light is compared to a 600w hps. just keep both plants in the same size area. i am sure you will get allot more respect using a 600w HPS for that side x side test, since customers would want to see if the 205w led light would really match a 600w hps yield as claimed. its just a thought to think about.

either way i would like to see these test, and realy like to see the 205w vs 180w, since it will be diff from my test. now your light has the higher watts. be cool to see what happens.

This thread is not about all this Irish, and I think you and I have gone over the HID crap enough... So seriously, let this thread be ON TOPIC, and let people post their applications. It's not for bitching about the parameters of the comparison. Thank you.

WizeWizo

Awesome! Have really been hoping for another promotion like this...

I have been wanting to do a side by side comparison with the 205w against a 400w in Hydro! Got a lot of respect for you soil growers out there, but in my eyes it's hard to beat hydro's speed and ease. I live in Central California and have had my medical recommendation since 1999, so I have just over a decade of growing my own meds under my belt I can officially say. I have grown exclusively with HPS to flower with the exception of my very first indoor grow which was with t12 with agrosun fluro's. Now I am no where near the 1 gram per watt that some HID gardeners are achieving but I am very consitently pulling anywhere from .5-.65 g/watt. I have journals on other websites as well but have discontinued most of them as I have taken a particular liking to ICMAG and its community. I would have no problem at all posting a journal with at least weekly updates if not more. I am currently doing a side by side comparison test between Hydroton and another grow media STG hail, if you would like to check out my writing styles and my presentation of things. I also have a great dig camera a Nikon d60, hopin to order a nice macro lens to get some super close ups but it does great for the time being. Anyways, super look forward to seeing the results and really have my fingers crossed. Good luck to all...

Namaste

Attachments

• harvestdayape004 (Large).jpg
    harvestdayape004 (Large).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
  • oh yeah 004 (Large).jpg
    oh yeah 004 (Large).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22
  • oh yeah 005 (Large).jpg
    oh yeah 005 (Large).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 22
  • roots on the querkle (Large).jpg
    roots on the querkle (Large).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 29

WizeWizo

Not too sure, if this has any bearing on any decisions. But I have been in contact with the GM from SunPulse bulbs and they are sending me out some 400 psmh bulbs to test against a standard 400w hps to do a comparison grow, so that might be super sweet to run 1 205w against 1 400w standard GE bulb against a 400w psmh SunPulse plasma lamp...

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Im signing up for the soil comparison, Between the 400w hps and 205w led unit!

Im signing up for the soil comparison, Between the 400w hps and 205w led unit!

I am a experienced and respected member here on icmag, I am up for the challenge, Been curious about leds for a while so figure I would apply and see what happens. I am willing to quickly build 2 pro style rooms and I have all the equipment and stuff to furnish both rooms, I have a 400w switchable ballast so I can run either hps or mh. I can build the rooms to spec t prevent wasting of light. I will create a thread, and fully document my grow. I will post updates weekly or even more frequently. I have the space time knowledge $$$ and strains to put together a very nice detailed growthread.

Here are some links to some of my past threads. Plus the stats as you can see my threads seem to get lots of attention, Which would be good or bad for your business, Good if the results come bad if the results are not on par. I will test the light I will do a fair comparison and I will post the results good or bad. I can set up a small room for each light side by side style and I can post updates weekly as well.

Blazeoneup hits the dirt / 813 replies 139,519 views
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59380

Best Dam Grow Show / 645 replies 159,806 views
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35539

4,000 watts 64 plants, Ready Set Grow / 572 replies 151,875 views
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95395

My newest creation" 3 rooms 4200w / 561 replies 111,335 views
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18812

I've added some attachments which will show some pics of past soil runs. I could go on for days with the pics, But probably be better if you browse the threads above.

GL TO ALL! http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/280room_1_3k_room_harvest_4_1_.JPG

EDIT

I usually grow for quality as apposed to quantity, But for the sake of pulling high numbers and seeing what the led can really do I could easily setup for quantity. So if you decide to let me do give it a go, I will certainly shoot for high yeilds and huge nugs....

If you go through my threads you may notice weight is not usually my agenda, quality is, But in the past I have done grows for weight and when I did they produced.

280room_1_3k_room_harvest_4_1_.JPG

280room_2_chopped_and_ready_to_dry_1_1_.JPG

280room_2_chopped_and_ready_to_dry_2_1_.JPG

280room_1_3k_room_harvest_1_1_.JPG

Attachments

• 280SNC10147.JPG
    280SNC10147.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 280SNC17431.JPG
    280SNC17431.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 280IMGP78921.JPG
    280IMGP78921.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 24

Tim_in_marin

Comparison against LumiGrow ES

Comparison against LumiGrow ES

Hey, I have one of the older LumiGrow units, so I would not be a good test.

I would reccomend you contact calibuddz or that t5ho person. Both have alot of testing under their belt and they seemed reliable. They on other boards but are probably lurking here as well....
While they seem to be fans of lumigrow, they seem really passionate about LED lighting in general. It seems they have good growing practices and followed through with their testing. I would trust them more than about any other tester I have seen online, except for knna. (does he have a lumigrow unit? that would be THE test to watch, as far as i am concerned...)

another idea, can you provide the clones and stipulate the testing to ensure that there is a fair comparison? romulan vs strawberry cough for example is going to see a big difference in yield. as is growing in dirt vs ebb and flow...

I would like to see all the tests with as identical setup as possible. That way, all plants grown under your light should yield a statistical average yield, and it would be possible to see if there was a problem with any one test.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing some results!

Mr.Meds

I could compare the unit against 400 CMH.I grow organically in soil or coco. .7/.8 is about the average g/watt I've had with CMH. I only have pictures from a couple batches ago (all auto's) due to computer crashes. I'm doing my first LED run now, veg and bloom(2 weeks in, 2 weeks left (with LED)) I could grow Papaya, NL/ColumRH, NL/Enigma, or a slew of autoflowers. When would be the arrival of the units to the testers?
ok since you made it a requirement to post some pictures I'll post some pictures from the last CMH AF run.
SS#1 with CMH
picture.php

SAME SS#1 cut
picture.php

HBD with CMH
picture.php

(this one came from a couple batches ago(randomly still have it from an email)) it's a strain from nirvana
picture.php

and one LED picture just because. :biggrin:
picture.php

ToughGirl

I would like to be considered. I have enough space to dedicate an entire small room to the test (7'x7'). I also have a 400w hps to test with, with a brand new dual arc bulb http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=154858 , a fresh batch of seeds (will be mature in about 2 weeks) which is a cross between hindu kush and another really healthy indica. I strive to keep the rooms sterile as possible, sometimes going a bit overboard with it. On average I pull about 4-5 ounces per plant (depending on strain obviously), I haven't been keeping a journal, but I have the ability to keep a good one if my interest was piqued.
Pm me if you want to know anything, and we can touch base on exactly what you have in mind.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would like to see Blazeoneup do the soil test he is very well known on IC and is a very respected grower
He has also contributed a lot to IC and this would just be karma being returned

Good luck Blazeoneup and thanks for the soil mix tips in your thread

stoney419

I just would like a chance to run some test either way I'm going to run some over a 4x8 table I was thinking 8 205 watts or 6 on a mover this is off topic anyway check out my grow in my sig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts