What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4X8 Mars Hydro TSW-3000 5 gallon fabric pots

Day 25

Humidity in the 4X8 was getting in the high 50's/60. Plants are putting a decent amount of moisture into the atmosphere. Have the AC Infinity fan set to 5, tent is 75 degrees with 57% humidity with the dehumidifier going outside the tent.

7 out of the 11 planted Wedding Cake seeds I germinated have sprouted since yesterday. The purple light kills all photo quality but on to the photos!

51156090163_4cccbb8f1c_h.jpg

51153778454_440a7b610b_h.jpg

51156963080_20a51b05b1_h.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Why would you have an dehumidifier when your plants would need higher than 60 % RH anyway? My plants love it @ 70-80% rh when in veg or early flower, as yours seem to be.
Later edit: I go by vpd, and 60% is kinda low at 75F..

Last edited:
Why would you have an dehumidifier when your plants would need higher than 60 % RH anyway? My plants love it @ 70-80% rh when in veg or early flower, as yours seem to be.

My rule of thumb during vegetative growth is anywhere from 40-70% is fine. If I don't get a handle on the humidity now it is hard to manage down the line in a few weeks. Better to be proactive than reactive I think.
Later edit: I go by vpd, and 60% is kinda low at 75F..

VPD is the Vapor Pressure Deficit chart you are referring too? According to that VPD calculator at a 75 temp you want the RH @ 50%. Never heard of this until you just mentioned it, shows how long I have been doing this. That is all new to me anyways and help is appreciated.

vpd-chart.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You set that chart to flower, that would mean it is set for when you got quite solid nugs and you don't want to risk mold. For your situation, vpd 10 (or as your chart puts it vpd 1.0) would be better, meaning 70% or so would be better. Check multiple vpd charts that may not be so accurate even for veg.
Anyway, my initial point on this was that, by running the dehuey you may be wasting some electricity and also rather not helping the plants achive their best. It's your call. And if you want to learn helpful stuff sometimes, VPD is not a bad subject to read on. Because plants can't read thermometers or rh meters, they can just "feel comfort". So this relation between temp and RH is more important than any of those factors alone when growing.

You set that chart to flower, that would mean it is set for when you got quite solid nugs and you don't want to risk mold. For your situation, vpd 10 (or as your chart puts it vpd 1.0) would be better, meaning 70% or so would be better. Check multiple vpd charts that may not be so accurate even for veg.
Anyway, my initial point on this was that, by running the dehuey you may be wasting some electricity and also rather not helping the plants achive their best. It's your call. And if you want to learn helpful stuff sometimes, VPD is not a bad subject to read on. Because plants can't read thermometers or rh meters, they can just "feel comfort". So this relation between temp and RH is more important than any of those factors alone when growing.

Thank you for the advice, I have been reading up on it. Totally understand what you mean. I am wasting my electric with running it right now. I am going to pay more attention to the VPD going forward. More crucial as you said down the line in flowering.

Day 27

After checking out a few VPD charts, it seems that the flowers enjoy a higher humidity with 72-75 degrees in the tent accompanied by 55-75% humidity. Right now the tent is at 58-60% humidity and the plants seem to be enjoying it. Gonna try to use the chart from now on and pay attention to the response. Guard cat Binx was checking out the latest arrival of his new box house. All of the wedding cake seeds have broken ground and sprouted. Gonna work on a new light setup for the 4X4 grow tent. The purple is killing me. Worm castings, mycorrhizae, & 4-8-4 from Down to Earth have arrived I am awaiting the Down to Earth 4-4-4 fertilizer. I am going to top feed all the pots this weekend before next weeks flip to 12/12. Another top feed after the 4th week of flower with compost teas given between once a week. On to the photos!

51158632327_65ad2d2744_h.jpg

51160402015_7b891c43de_h.jpg

51160080309_368d5bb734_h.jpg

51159534433_40b9f60515_c.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Glad to hear my advice has helped. I been running my VPD controller for so long in my growroom that I can tell by smell and feeling of the air that hits me when I enter the garage if the plants have proper environment or not. I managed to fuck setting once while high and my nose alerted me of too little humidity (high VPD) instantly as I entered the garage next day. You certainly need to feel the humidity in the air for the plants to be happy and productive. If there's one factor that alone helped me the most regrading yeld and quality for sure it was controlling my environment by VPD. And I am still learning and tweaking things so I can run energy efficient while still keeping close to perfect environment for the plants.
Good luck with your grow!
P.S. Nice security you got there! Please give a treat to Binx from me! :wave:

Glad to hear my advice has helped. I been running my VPD controller for so long in my growroom that I can tell by smell and feeling of the air that hits me when I enter the garage if the plants have proper environment or not. I managed to fuck setting once while high and my nose alerted me of too little humidity (high VPD) instantly as I entered the garage next day. You certainly need to feel the humidity in the air for the plants to be happy and productive. If there's one factor that alone helped me the most regrading yeld and quality for sure it was controlling my environment by VPD. And I am still learning and tweaking things so I can run energy efficient while still keeping close to perfect environment for the plants.
Good luck with your grow!
P.S. Nice security you got there! Please give a treat to Binx from me! :wave:

Thank you yeah it makes total sense now after reading up on it. I gave Binx lots of catnip last night. He was very happy!

Day 28

I went to top feed the plants today with worm castings, 4-4-4, and mycorrhizae when I noticed my worm castings bag that was sealed was infested with fungus gnats when opened. I ended up bagging that immediately and getting it out of the garden area. As a precaution I put out yellow sticky pads to catch any of these bastards. I am ordering another companies worm castings in the meantime. Otherwise you think you are prepared but the old gnats get you. Ended up just top dressing with 4-4-4 and mycorrhizae. Defoliated a bit as well. They were thirsty this morning but I didn't end up watering them until this afternoon. Tent is at 75 Degrees with 63% Humidity.

51160661612_e6930867f5_h.jpg

51160661597_43b0df3656_h.jpg

51161647487_4c05791580_h.jpg

Day 29

Checked on the tent first thing this morning and saw the plants were all perked up and excited to start the day! Seems like the watering was much needed. That was the longest I had gone between waterings, which was about 2 days. Put one of the massive fan leaves up against my disposable glove. It looked very healthy and so do all the of the plants.

51163399513_3d6d105e4c_h.jpg

51163399488_27fe958f38_c.jpg

G

I've had the same issues. Not enough water first..then I overwatered. Now I'm doing alright 🤣

Day 30

Watered the plants shortly after the lights turned on this morning. Noticed the pots were pretty dry to the touch but not as dry as the other day between 2 days of watering. Waited a bit for them to soak it in and show. Little before and after to show the wingspan.

51166302879_6203353ebc_h.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

51165915291_26bed49b6d_h.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Gry

Veteran
Liked the leaf and the glove, but it was the cat picture that stole the show.

Day 32

I topped dressed all the plants with 10 tbsp of worm castings (which is half of what I usually use for top dressing) each this morning as it came in late yesterday and I ran out of time and energy. Ended up using VermisTerra brand, it was sealed nicely and I inspected the ever living shit out of it before I used it. In 3 days I will be flipping to flower. I started to put my trellis netting up but I might be not running one this round because it is to much of a pain in the ass to water 7 five gallon pots on one side that I wouldn't be able to really get around easily. Not to mention having to top dress in another 3-4 weeks. I also got in Neem oil and started misting the plants daily with it and water to get rid of any unwanted pests before the flip to harvest. It literally smells like rubber/tires when first applied but the plants seem to love it.

51169213637_da97acd516_h.jpg