What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Week 4

I've grown this sour diesel before. It's really good. Medical seeds Co is out of Spain they are very strict over there when it comes to lineage and breeding. Probably one of the most reliable places next to Amsterdam to get real genetics and not some American knockoff
The AJ Sour is said to be the one, only available as clone if you can get one. (not likely) but I'll grab me some of those from Spain, hell yeah.

Week 4

I'm currently redoing that one troubled Blumat. Had a gang of air in it.
PXL_20240125_162936801.jpg

jayr1787

Autos are tricky. As soon as I get my truck back I plan on grabbing fresh compost lobster quiddy blend from coast of maine and some fresh lambert lm3 mix. Beds have been empty this winter and ready to be reamended and revamped. 7 or 8 runs in the same old mix tho was impressive for my experience. I'm not gonna bother spending 2800$ for a soil analysis so I'll do what I know works for me.

Week 4

Autos are tricky. As soon as I get my truck back I plan on grabbing fresh compost lobster quiddy blend from coast of maine and some fresh lambert lm3 mix. Beds have been empty this winter and ready to be reamended and revamped. 7 or 8 runs in the same old mix tho was impressive for my experience. I'm not gonna bother spending 2800$ for a soil analysis so I'll do what I know works for me.
MySoil - Soil Test Kit | Grow The Best Lawn & Garden | Complete & Accurate Nutrient and pH Analysis with Recommendations Tailored to Your Soil and Plant Needs https://a.co/d/7LfrsgE

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I know you have it handled. You have a thorough knowledge of your soil and its needs.
Soil tests don't have to be expensive.

Here is a basic soil test for 27$. They have one specifically for Cannabis-for a bit more at 66$

Logan Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.46.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.46.51 PM.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jayr1787

I know you have it handled. You have a thorough knowledge of your soil and its needs.
Soil tests don't have to be expensive.

Here is a basic soil test for 27$. They have one specifically for Cannabis-for a bit more at 66$

Logan Labs
Thats who I want to use bit I have yards of soil here. They suggested if I'd like a rough idea take a 1/3 of a cup from each spot I've planted in and mix all those samples into one container. Then they would test that large sample and I'd get a rough idea. But I think I'd just save time and $ mixing in a couple bails of fresh mix into the holes where I plot my cuttings or seedlings. Got my truck back and she's ready to go knock on wood. New transmission installed. Now I need to do the fuel system drop the tanks and harpoon the tank, add a external pre filter and ditch the internal tank screens. Probably install new injectors too.

Timj

Thats who I want to use bit I have yards of soil here. They suggested if I'd like a rough idea take a 1/3 of a cup from each spot I've planted in and mix all those samples into one container. Then they would test that large sample and I'd get a rough idea. But I think I'd just save time and $ mixing in a couple bails of fresh mix into the holes where I plot my cuttings or seedlings. Got my truck back and she's ready to go knock on wood. New transmission installed. Now I need to do the fuel system drop the tanks and harpoon the tank, add a external pre filter and ditch the internal tank screens. Probably install new injectors too.
I believe that Logan labs have different tests for organic container medium and organic in ground medium. I'd be sure you're using the container medium test for your raised bed and pots.
Edit: You also want to add the Saturated paste test for your cycled container and raised bed mixes Jay.

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

How did you make out with the peyote forum?
Just tried pressing some for rosin from the Peyote Forum.
Both phenos make very small rosin returns and it’s extremely oily/greasy rosin. The more open and branchy pheno especially, and when left in the freezer for over 30min it’s still oily and doesn’t harden up at all. I figured it would freeze to shatter consistency but nope.
The more densely growing pheno is also very thin and oily but it at least thickens up and will glob onto itself for collection.

Smells and tastes absolutely amazing and it’s thin enough I think it would flow in a pen on its own, but I think I’ll be skipping this one for rosin.

I’ve got another new seed running right now, currently around week 7 that’s one of the denser, more indica style growth leaning plants. Curious to see how it comes out.

jayr1787

Is that compost tea in the bucket?
I had a 4mm hose with a pin hole slowly leaking for idk how long. Ended up soaking the whole bed again lol. Good thorough rinse of the media I guess haha. Oh well this has happened b4 and the next run was off the chain so we shall see how it goes. Drying it up some before I mix in fresh medium. Hope everyone had a good Easter

jayr1787

Just tried pressing some for rosin from the Peyote Forum.
Both phenos make very small rosin returns and it’s extremely oily/greasy rosin. The more open and branchy pheno especially, and when left in the freezer for over 30min it’s still oily and doesn’t harden up at all. I figured it would freeze to shatter consistency but nope.
The more densely growing pheno is also very thin and oily but it at least thickens up and will glob onto itself for collection.

Smells and tastes absolutely amazing and it’s thin enough I think it would flow in a pen on its own, but I think I’ll be skipping this one for rosin.

I’ve got another new seed running right now, currently around week 7 that’s one of the denser, more indica style growth leaning plants. Curious to see how it comes out.
Some strains are like that, the gorilla cookies and strawberry gorilla both make a very low viscosity oil almost like syrup. I vape those buds usually or mix them 50/50 with a bud that pressed out a more viscous oil. That usually binds together and makes a peanut butter consistency. I've found leaving the runny oil out on paper overnight will dry it up some and make it more sticky to put in a freezer afterward and it will come off the paper a little easier. I think those strains have a higher terpene profile and terpenes by themselves are very runny and liquid like.

Cactus Squatter

Some strains are like that, the gorilla cookies and strawberry gorilla both make a very low viscosity oil almost like syrup. I vape those buds usually or mix them 50/50 with a bud that pressed out a more viscous oil. That usually binds together and makes a peanut butter consistency. I've found leaving the runny oil out on paper overnight will dry it up some and make it more sticky to put in a freezer afterward and it will come off the paper a little easier. I think those strains have a higher terpene profile and terpenes by themselves are very runny and liquid like.
That’s pretty much what I did. Left it to sit overnight and it did sticky up a little better. Hitting it the terps are crazy strong and tasty. The more sativa looking pheno especially has an insane grape taste to it. Its terps are crazy strong.

Latest posts

Latest posts