What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

42w CFL Vertical Screen

How do you train a plant to a vert screen? Do budsites still sprout up all over even though you are training your plant vertically as opposed to horizontally?

grouchy

jdmramon - Thanks for stopping by. I will do a trashcan grow as soon as I can pull one off. Right now the circumstances do not allow.

Marijuanasaur - I plan on using three to four plants to fill the screen. I think I will top them once and flip to 12/12 when the screen is 2/3 full. I also plan on tying some branches down in the middle so I can have a full screen and a couple buds growing up out of the middle area. I covered absolutely everything in reflective tape to maximize the light from the one bulb.

Shalom Rocket - Are there any bulbs with 150w equivalence? I think they are normally 40-50 real watts. You might be able to order them over the internet. Anyone else with some helpful info please chime in.

alphacat

This is the future of small-scale grows, folks. At least, that's what I've thought for the last 5 years or so.

Paradise Seeds' Nebula is one to look out for as far as strains.

kiheibuilt

Grouch, me likes what you're doing with the use of space, it's kick-ass. I'll watch this closely as this is the same wattage bulb and space that I can grow in.

alphacat

Any reason? Please go on...

Esp. if you get the right pheno, it's about the closest thing to a genuine low odor strain around. Lots of strains are supposed to be low odor, but in those final pre-harvest days they all put out a little stink of some sort while N2 is virtually odor free.

Plus it's a really vigorous grower, moderate feeder, short internodes, nice yielder, and potent smoke. Only thing it's not is a fast finish, but in this setup you can flip to 12/12 pretty early on and still not worry about filling the screen (6-12 days usually.)

i look forward to seeing your results. I am building something special for the same purpose. I have not finished the cab yet, but when I do, i would definitely appreciate your feedback. can't wait to see more pics too.

grouchy

Sorry to keep everyone waiting but I did make it happen. Day ten 12/12

picture.php

G

guest845704

Hi grouchy thread is alive again, good to see it. I think they start to stretch in few days so much, that the cage will not be necessary any more. Replace with bigger one, i suggest to keep it vertical, or train somehow. Because it will be vertical till end, right? Whats your plans?

grouchy

I plan on just moving the bulb up as the buds get bigger. The cage should hold them in place.

grouchy

Moved the light up a little. The plants are above the screen now. As soon as I know the sex I will retrain them the best I can.

Jamorg13

Dude this is so badass!! Reminds me of when I was like 15 I would try to grow in any little space I could find and my parents always ended up finding it lol.

grouchy

picture.php

Picture of her right before the chop. I didn't expect her to get this big off of just 42w of cfl. I will post weights when she is ready.

Latest posts

Latest posts