What's new

400w Vertical Organic Satori x c99

K

Krshna

Hard to stay out. Whats your target range in terms of time for flowering?

if i had to guess i would say 65ish? i know i took my c99 to 59 or 60 days last round, but it was winter time in an attic so they may have been slowed down a little. the satori went...well i dont know lol my notes stop as soon as i took my first plant down. funny how that works! i have super detailed notes waiting for some dope and then as soon as a plant comes down :woohoo: everything goes out the window haha. i think they went in the 70 somethingish days. i promise i wont do that with this thread though :tiphat:

I'll post some updated pics in a day or two, just switched to my new ushio hi lux hps, still 18/6. started doin some training too, things are bushin out, lookin good. probably transplant in a week or less into their final flowering pots! :dance013:

K

Krshna

what size pots are they in now?

They are in 1 gallon pots. I'll grab pictures later today, but for now I feel bad for not havin any bud shots up in here, so here are some pics of my FLT c-99 from last round, done under a 400w. If anybody wants a cheap smartpotish type pot those are in those cheap reusable shopping bags you can get at stores for a dollar now. For $35 these seeds were a steal as you can see.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats all for now! :wave:

K

Krshna

thanks for checkin it out honkytonk, should get more interesting soon!

heres the only pic of the satori mom that turned out ok. not the best pic but she was frosty, and as you can see by the leaves she was faced with a cold winter and still produced pretty good, so we will see what these ones do in the summer heat. I dont have any pics of the c-99 male i used, but it was a nice one, good structure to it.

picture.php

dieselbyrd

Frosty too.. Gonna be a good ride even if thats all :) Should do good n terms of yield too since satoris have a healthy stretch in flower(from what i read) so theyll be able to use all that light sooner n blow up

K

Krshna

thanks for all the kind words guys! i'll take some pictures tomorrow, things are blowin up in there. im not sure exactly how im gonna do these plants, im kind of limited in height, only got about 3 feet including pots (i built a tent under a table lol), so i want to transplant them into some kind of pot that isnt going to limit yield too much, but also isnt too tall. im thinkin about 3 gallonish sized pots is gonna be it, unless i flip these 5 gallon square kittylitter buckets on their sides and try to make some homemade ghetto pots. haha ill figure something out, basically going to try to max my soil space without going too high!

K

Krshna

ok! they are 4 weeks old from when they first popped through the soil. they are ready to transplant in a couple days, they are drinking like jim lahey!

Here are the 2 c-99 girls:

Here are the satori x c-99, bushing out with only a little training/pinching:

I dont know why i can't make them big, but that will have to do for now! I think about a week or two more veg in their final pots, then flip to flower. I want to make sure I fill it up in there, I would rather have to trim then not have it full this round. That's it for now, thanks for check in on the girls! :dance013: :wave:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
dont worry cause the satori in them will get big in flower. this looks like a great cross so far. Satori has strong genes as you can see, those look just like Satori seeds.

If you get good results you should, if I may impose my wishes here, send some of these to the Server Fund, Gypsy was asking for donations.

K

Krshna

dont worry cause the satori in them will get big in flower. this looks like a great cross so far. Satori has strong genes as you can see, those look just like Satori seeds.

If you get good results you should, if I may impose my wishes here, send some of these to the Server Fund, Gypsy was asking for donations.

Thanks, yes from what I can see so far the satori is pretty dominant in all of them, and they all look very similar. They are quite a bit bigger than the pure c-99 i have going, and that was the case last round as well when i had pure satori going as well. They just seem to be bigger, stronger, and thicker than whatever is growing next to it, so I figured they might impart that into whatever they cross with (im no pro at making crosses, just chucking pollen for fun here and there).

This round I got rid of all the males already, but I have about 10 more seeds in the fridge, if these end up being good I will do another run with them and make some seeds!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Good.

I hear that C99 is strong too and puts her genes into the flower/high of most that she touches. So you may see some good blending of structure in the bud... but I have a feeling that you'll see the high is where its at.

Im just speculating. I only say these things cause of my exp with a C99 cross and also lots of Satori exp. Ive grown lots of my own f2s.

K

Krshna

So Im looking around the house for stuff I have that I could use for containers, and I found this :

It is like those reusable shopping bags, except its to keep foods hot or cold. The tag says the inner liner is 100% alluminum foil, feels like an emergency blanket. Does anybody forsee any problems with it breaking down over time and leaching alluminum into the soil?? I would like to use it uncut as it is in the picture for height reasons, and because its holding its shape better doubled up like that....

Good idea, or bad? Any opinions appreciated, got a couple days to decide! I like that its reflective, probably wouldnt do much functionally, but it looks dope :dance013: :thank you:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
redneck- the C99 cross and the Satori plants were separate grows. C99 is pretty branchy tho, and satori can be branchy in a similar way. Satori has more central cola tho. I'd still run her if I still had that mother.

dieselbyrd

or you could do progeny testing on a bunch of back crosses if you still have the orinal c99. I would love to see a Satori x c99 bx but the f2's could be just as exciting

dieselbyrd

So Im looking around the house for stuff I have that I could use for containers, and I found this :

It is like those reusable shopping bags, except its to keep foods hot or cold. The tag says the inner liner is 100% alluminum foil, feels like an emergency blanket. Does anybody forsee any problems with it breaking down over time and leaching alluminum into the soil?? I would like to use it uncut as it is in the picture for height reasons, and because its holding its shape better doubled up like that....

Good idea, or bad? Any opinions appreciated, got a couple days to decide! I like that its reflective, probably wouldnt do much functionally, but it looks dope :dance013: :thank you:
not sure but if it does very bad consequences... can u say stunting of root growth and prevented calcium uptake

K

Krshna

yeah, i dont know if im gonna mess with these bags now... i rigged them up so that theres no alluminum on the inside, but i dont know if the roots would still punch through the blue bag layer, the layer of thin foam, and out the alluminum? haha probably not, but i dont want to confuse the plants with a semi permiable weird pot. I think I may just use them with another reusable shopping bag inside, and use it as a pot cozy kind of thing to keep the roots a bit warmer in the winter time.

Latest posts

Latest posts