What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
ahahahahah OMG I'm sorry guys hahaha
http://www.smartpots.com/why-better

thats the link I meant to post right there hahaha this Purple Ponic I got from SHHC last night knocked me out and I woke up stoned haven't had that in a while! Shit is super fruity smelling too kinda close to my Thunder Goo fruitiness that's why I like it and it's pretty sticky too I'll do a smoke report on that and the Headband I picked up.. By the way if you are in Sac and need good cheap meds go to SHHC on 10th St everything was 45 or less an 8th from Og Kush to Blue Dream shit the BDream was 35! Not the best batch but still worth more than 35 I thought it's that time of year in Cali you can tell hahah

I did it again!!!!! I know what happened now I used the img link button hahahaha

growMEDS

I never thought just a "pot" could make the yield so much greater
I may get some 1 or 2 gal pots to try out

nnep

I'm curious what type of fan you're using to cool your light, i just purchased a grow tent (dr60) and need ideas.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I went with a 177cfm 4" Vortex inline fan with a 4"x12" Odorsok Filter ...

Yea so I had some plexiglass laying around and taped it up to my hood to seal it a bit not totally cuz it needs fresh air somehow and yes I know plastic is dumb as fuck to put that close to a HID light just wanted to check for a quick minute and sure as shit I was able to keep my hand 3" or so away from my light without it burning so I want to get a Cooltube like I was going to in the first place or a sealed air cooled hood so if anybody near has one for sale pm me

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Yeah, adding the glass makes a huge difference. When I bought the glass pane for my hood and inserted it I brought temps in the tent down about 7F.

If you call up a glass shop (the window kind, not the bong kind) you can have a custom piece of glass cut for your hood very inexpensively. Specify the thickness, the width and then a couple inches short on the length so you have 'air intakes' at either end. Not that the cooltube is a bad plan, but I hate to see you lose the lovely tagged hood... :smoke:

-s

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks Strainbrain I had thought about that but wasn't sure if it would work with the ends open but I'll get to looking around tomorrow thanks again bro! Also since I'm not running a Phillips Son Agro 430w HPS bulb and have some noname shit that is supposedly a horticultural bulb so I'm not sure on spectrum and if it has any added blue like I want. So my question is (for anybody that has the answer mind you) will I get better resin production if I switch back over to my 10000K MH in the last 2 weeks of flowering while I'm flushing? I remember reading somewhere about people doing that cuz the added blue kicked up the frostiness so I figure I got A LOT of blue with 10,000K so what do you think?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So my question is (for anybody that has the answer mind you) will I get better resin production if I switch back over to my 10000K MH in the last 2 weeks of flowering while I'm flushing? I remember reading somewhere about people doing that cuz the added blue kicked up the frostiness so I figure I got A LOT of blue with 10,000K so what do you think?

I've never heard of people putting a MH in their cab the last two weeks.

I have heard that people that run a MH the whole flowering period find their plants a lot more resiny (ie quantity goes down a bit while quality goes up a bit)

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
I have heard about changing the light spectrum towards the last 2 weeks of flowering and think i read it on here somewhere....helps to bring out the resins etc...If i find the thread where i seen ill link it to my post here.

EvilMooseOfDoom

Hi,

I know as a CMH grower I've heard on the CMH forum that some people have been vegging under the CMH through to the first 2-3 weeks of flower, then switching to a straight HPS for the middle section to let the buds put on weight, then switch back to the CMH for the last 2 weeks because of the UVb component which increases resin production. Perhaps that's the same theory with regards to the 10K MH.

Just my half cents worth.

Cheers!

EMOD.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
THANK YOU !!!! EvilMooseOfDoom that was where I read about it was the CMH forum that's exactly what I was thinking about was that last 2 weeks for the uvb thanks again...

Update by the way I have a "special Mendo Purp cut" and DJShort Blueberry coming tonight to make moms out of!!!!

reverev313

this is my first time running a mh for the 1st month of flower than switch to a hps to finish....some of my grow only has 3 more weeks will let you know how it turns out (this is just a test run with this method)so far not much a difference......Peace REV

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Will u switch back to the MH in the last 2 weeks of flowering Rev?

reverev313

first time hearing about more tri production when u switch back to MH going to look around and see who has tried and the pros and cons of doing this for the last 2 weeks i'll try anything for more frostiness....Peace REV

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, it follows in line with the concept that UVB light rays damage a plant and that part of the purpose of the trichome is to protect the plant itself from damage.

MH light gives off more UVB than a HPS light does. Not too mention that plants stretch less under the blue spectrum than the red, so in theory you can also get your buds tighter/denser by switching back in the last couple of weeks.

I've never tried it myself, but I am familiar with the concept. I DO however, use MH during the first couple of weeks of flowering (2-3 strain depending) to control stretch and keep my internodes a bit closer together. Then on to the HPS for the finish. If I were to do MH the last two weeks, a 9 wk'er would only have HPS for 4 weeks...figuring 3 weeks to control stretch and 2 weeks at the end to increase resin...and for some reason, it almost makes owning a HPS seem impractical to me....lol.

dank.Frank

OBK

Hey great grow, Thundurkel! Can you explain details or post pics on your cooling/ventilation setup? I see that circulation fan inside, and I also see you have a duct coming off the hood...is the fan for the hood mounted on top of the tent, or beside it? What kind of fan are you using?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
OBK thanks yea I have a fan on top of my tent and it's a 4" vortex 177cfm and thats what pulls the hot out outta my tent through my hood and out my Odorsok carbon filter..

Latest posts

Latest posts