What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know funny you say that KickNader cuz being a artist and what not I was thinking of making a few one of a kind I love Mary J hoods and sell em on ebay hahaha

'I love Mary J'?

Shit, I thought it was an homage to your girlfriend and it said 'I love Mary S' LOL

sednal

I just ordered some air pots! i went with the 4.3 gallon for the flower room and the 1 L to veg rooted clones or seeds in before transplanting. Your right about the shipping, 28 friggin bucks! I have no fans drawing air into the tent, just my can fan sittin on the roof sucking air out after it goes through the filter and light. Works great. At night i close two of the velcrow ports and just leave one open. Theirs enough pressure to noticably see all sides of the tent being sucked in so its clear their is a ton of negative pressure. The circular vents your talking about on the bottom sides and upper back will fit no larger than 5" ducting so i had to go with 4" and add 6" to 4" reducers onto my hood but all is good.
Heres a thread i made to show the tent and what i got goin on in there right now! http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=142634

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Another Update cuz I can't stay outta my tent lol!!!

Another Update cuz I can't stay outta my tent lol!!!

Ok so I got to messing around with my girls today and decided to get rid of the lil dwc shit I was going to do in there. I got rid of the cups transplanting the 2 Bubba Kush x Bluemoonshine's and 3 Thunder Goo's into bigger pots the Bubbashines went into 2.5L containers and my T.Goo's went into 6" square pots the kind I keep my moms in. It just seemed a bit silly to use the cups in my first big little grow haha biggest grow for me so far and my CFL cab is fucking rocking right now with beautiful healthy lasses I can't wait to have that back on a every week harvest of straight dank and be able to let my tent go for as long as possible for best taste high ect...

So check it out here's what the tent looks like today :joint:

picture.php

Shot of my girls vegging on 11-1-09 only 7 days till flowering!
picture.php

3 Topped Thunder Goo's in 6" square pots
picture.php

Bottom left: Blue Dream untopped Blue Dream...
Bottom right: Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine
Top left: Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine
Top right: Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk
picture.php

2 Topped Thunder Goo's in straight coco
picture.php

3 Thunder Goo ladies that I'm not topping
picture.php

The future of cannabis growing!
picture.php

Past meets the Future!

So yea I'm stoked to get these bitches flowering I'm not too sure when to flip them I want to say no more than a week?

growMEDS

I want my tent to look like yours! lol
I just put my PLL setup back in my DR60 - got my soil - now I'm just waiting on some clones.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hahaha thanks! I want a DR60 and your PLL light so bad! By the way fuck soil!!! Haven't you seen the soil vs coco pics of mine?

Here they are from week one
53078Picture_1052.jpg
[/IMG]

here they are at week 2 and at this point I thought soil was going to win lol
53078Picture_1148.jpg
[/IMG]

so not sure I think I was at 3 or 4 weeks here
53078Picture_5961.jpg
[/IMG]

this was 6 weeks
53078Picture_1343.jpg
[/IMG]

need I say more?? I'm going to anyway hahaha those were the same strain flowered at the same height at the same time ect just the bigger ladies were in Ready Grow Moisture Formula which is a coco perlite mix

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I would've got a good 15-16g on the coco ladies if I wouldn't have cut those lower bud's off but I was a noob in need of weed hahah I ended up with over 8g on each on of the coco ladies and that was what Thunder Goo does when flowered at 4" in 16oz of coco so should I flower my girls pretty damn soon since they should be a lot bigger under HID lighting???

growMEDS

Coco does seem pretty damn nice bro!
I would say atleast veg them another week and flip um - to get some big yields you gotta veg um for atleast 4 weeks but you have enough in there that you dont need to veg them that long vs having only 4 like me.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
IME plants will stretch the same under the HPS as under the CFLs. A 2:1 will still be a 2:1, a 4:1 is still a 4:1... at least that's so with all of my strains.

-s

sneakinman13

Veteran
i would give those bitches in the tent another 7-14 days befor flip! i mean there not gonna outgrow your grow space! and sinse this isn't cfl you got plenty of room to work with...
plus the longer you veg the better the yeild. but im sure u kno this by noww.. anyways looks good . im outa here
pcee

Jozix

Jozix

Jozix

Hi Thundurkel, first just want to say thanks for the inspiration I won't bang on about it too much! since I've been following you & the good doctor for a while now & I know that you've heard this a 100 times!

I got the idea of trying the air pots thanks to you:yes:
after I saw your first photos of them potted up with your babies I had to say something though.
first I don't want to sound like a know it all :respect:but I noticed that you put the pots together upside down! Maybe you did it knowingly???
I went back I read the instructions that came with the pots to make sure that I wasn't full of crap... but no actually I wasn't
to explain:
when you look at the pot before its rolled up you will notice that the holes go from big to small, the end with the big holes is the bottom of the pot.

you will also see that there is a row of ''cones'' which is larger than the rest, this row is for the bottom bit to sit on(this is at the end with the bigger ''cones'')
the reason they give for the bigger holes being at the bottom is for higher oxygen intake by the roots.

Last but not least, as you know the end with the smaller holes also has the 2 last rows blocked this is to help the water going down instead of straight out of the sides.

I hope that you will not hold my first post against me as it would be a real shame since I'd like to stick around all the way from Australia!

sednal

depends. do u plan on training them at all or just lettin um go straight up? another week under the MH would prolly be sufficient.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
WOW HOLLY SHIT! Jozix fuck you get outta here hahahaha na j/k dude no I didn't not know that until you told me so. I did noticed I put a few of the bottoms in upside down when I saw the video. I wasn't given and instructions on how to put them together and was given 6 not together and 1 the was so I just copied what I had saw. I don't think it should be too big a problem I mean when I water it doesn't go out the sides BUT I will try and take 1 apart and fix it and if it's easy enough I'll do to them all THANK YOU BRO!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok well after looking at the pdf file on how to assemble a air pot I feel pretty stupid lol oh well I'll have them the right way next time.. I took one apart and fixed it and shit man roots are already shooting out the bottom and the air holes on the sides this shit is awesome! I also noticed I put my bottom 2 rows lower than supposed to be and it gave me more room making it a actual 1gal pot instead of 3liter but I could be wrong but we'll see which way works best cuz the one I switched to the right way was one of the Thunder Goo's in straight coco and by the way I amd in LOVE with this Bio Juice Bio Coco it's SO classy!!! hahah Comparable to Canna coco anyday of the week!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Lookin good thundurkle. I did a side by side using the airpots, smartpots, and regular pots all affgooey... 1 1/2 zips off each regular, 2 1/2 off the airpots and 4 zips off the smartpots. Since then I threw all my airpots out and stick to smartpots, but u will still get more out an airpot than a regular pot. grow on yo!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Motherfucker!! That asshole at Greenfire basically talked me outta the Smart Pots cuz I had 3 1gal pots I was going to get to do the same thing with Thunder Goo but he said that Smart Pots were more for outdoor and I'd get better yield with Air Pots indoors!!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, isn't the "smart pot" really just a fabic/felt bag???

I can't really see what/how the advantage to those would be vs. the air pot. It seems to me the air pot would be more advantageous...hmmm...

dank.Frank

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Are "smartpots" really just felt bags?! that's funny.
I will say that the felt bag would BREATH the moisture and still keep some it. The "airpot" version seems would just expel moisture faster and need more watering... eh IDK
GetMo, care to inform us? That sounds great tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts