What's new

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

cre8iv fuel

More awesomeness Thundurkel. Your plants are looking amazing. Can't wait to see what you yieldout of this pull. I'm sure the quality will be top notch. You're getting me interested in the Air Pots. Not sure if I'll be able to get the most our of them since I'm a noob, but cool stuff to consider for sure.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I couldn't take it anymore and scrounged up some change for batteries, well when I got to the store they didn't have the Duracell Power Pix ones I needed and had just enough money for! So I opened a pack of Energizer Advanced LithiumAAs :tiphat: from what I've read about these batteries is I should get 1000 pics out of em so it was a good lil come up being as broke as I am.... I normally don't do things like that but times are desperate :moon:

picture.php

30 days of flowering
Left: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6
Middle: LB#5
Right: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6

picture.php

30 days of flowering
Left: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6
Middle: LB#5
Right: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6

picture.php

Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6 30 days of flowering

picture.php

LB#5 30 days of flowering

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 30 days of flowering

picture.php

Canopy shot at 30 days of flowering, peep the DJ Short Pre2k Blueberry in the middle left the tall stretchy bitch..

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 30 days of flowering

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 30 days of flowering(lower popcorn bud under the canopy)

I think I can safely say the my bagseed cut has just as good as resin production as the other strains I run making it pretty fucking good and damn near elite. But I want to breed with it cuz I think everybody deserves to have a bomb ass purple strain like this is turning out to be :jump:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I think my bagseed definitely has some Grape Ape in it and I heard Oregon Grape is a cross between Grape Ape x Oregon Purple so lets hope I get a really grapey male stud in my Sugar Cane Kush seedlings so I can do some pollen chucking and send in some beans for seedbay so the community here can get a chance at some bad ass purps...

justiceman

Veteran
Nice job man! you still rockin with that same hood on page 1? I am loving the air pots. That one picture really showed how dense the root structure is, and it shows how efficiently the roots use the medium as a result of increased oxygen. Do you like them over Smart Pots?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well honestly I haven't got to give the Smart Pots a fair run so I wont know for sure till next round when I have everything vegged out equally. They seem to be doing the job though and I see a bunch of roots sticking outta the sides so it's similar for sure. The plus side is you can use them in both flood and drain tables or recirculating drip systems

M

medfinder

size?

size?

What size are those airpots?

My buddy drilled holes in his 5 gallon buckets! LOL!

Its crazy but there doing better than the nondrilled ones.

saw the website and they go from 1gallon- 50 gallons.

Your Grow is looking great!

M

medfinder

cool!

cool!

First saw elite doing these airpots, the only thing is the roots explode in them and so tryin to get the nute dialed is tricky when veggin longer.

picked up the ones that are about the size of a 3 gallon bucket, going run some sour bubbel 4 in em.

at least there starting to get around more, a lot of places didnt want to carry em.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea dude my roots look WAY better this time around since I've been on top of watering and feeding them properly and I've been using the CES GREX root promoting stuff and it works!!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good man,glad them pots are workin out for ya.got me thinkin of maybe buyin a few and see can i tell a difference.
peace-T-

very nice bud shots you got going on! Cant wait til my tent is nice and full of buds. I trying a perpetual with my 400 watt and tent. Flowering one girl a week, for a total of 9 girls in there in 2 gal pots. Keep it up, cant wait to watch things start to get fat in the next weeks to come.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks guys it's getting nice and chunky in there for sure!! Next round is gonna be even better cuz I'm doing shit properly vegged out with a trellis for even canopy and should be on a 2x2 table by then too!

justiceman

Veteran
Wow the first and second picture of the above post are amazing. sorry about not stating that earlier. Very impressive. Great Job man!

So people this is what I learned today. The way air pots are supposed to be done for maximum root growth is, If you veg in a small air pot than let the roots get real good in their, than you transplant into bigger airpots!!! the roots explode in to the new one it is amazing when done right. One day ill stop being lazy. Ive seen a 10 foot tall sunflower in a one liter air pot. looked like it was grown in a cup.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks for sharing bro! Some dickheads would keep that to themselves so they could out yield everybody else...

I got a good update coming today sorry for the lag I was just devastated that my LB#5's fucked up and wasted space AGAIN!!! I have since killed the mom since I have PLENTY of Top Shelf purples right now and the list goes...
Gorilla Grape
Magic Merlin
Double Purple Blowfish
Arizona Iced Tea
Sugar Cane Kush
DJ Short Pre97Blueberry (it's purple)
and of course my Shades of Grape line in which I found ANOTHER MALE!!!!! I think I'll post some pics and get it confirmed but they look like nuts to me and have crystals building up on the branches where they meet the main stem of the plant. Stinky and have nice thick stalks so from what Shantibabba says that's a good male to start with.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
46 days of flowering!!!

46 days of flowering!!!

Ok folks now it's the fun time for me cuz I think the last 2-3 weeks of flowering are the coolest to watch cuz so much changes each day IMO. I was scared all my shit talking was gonna catch up to me about my bagseed cuz it wasn't turning purple like I thought it would... BUT!!! I was wrong and it did it over night and continues to turn more calyxes and push out calyxes that are already bright pinkish purple :dance013: The resin production is also better than I expected so it should be pretty interesting to see it fully finished..

I'm pissed though cuz I've lost a top my bagseed plant and part of a top on one of my DPBF plants to bud rot!!!!! The ONLY thing I can think it came from is the way I water my plants pulling them out and putting them back in over the the others I think a drop of water landed in the buds and caused them to rot cuz it wasn't much and ONLY on 2 of them and I've searched through the rest to be sure that's all there was for rot so we'll see how it goes...

picture.php

Double Purple Blowfish 46days of flowering

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 46days of flowering

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 46days of flowering (under the canopy pop corn nug)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's what I got from yesterday and I'll take some full plant pics today. I only have 6 plants in there now which are 4 DPBF the 1 Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A and my DJ Short Pre97 Blueberry(I say pre97 cuz he didn't use new parents till then from what I read from his own words)
So with my plant count down I'm now sure what I'm looking at yield wise but I'm hoping for around 9oz which I think is very possible with what I have going on. My big DPBF girls look like 2 or more zips each and my bagseed looks like a solid 2 zips so that's around 7 if I'm lucky and then I have my small DPBF girls which I'll get a zip outta the 2 of them together and I HOPE I have a zip or lil over coming from my Blueberry and I'll be happy cuz it will all be straight dank!!! Instead of 3oz of super bomb shit and 7-8 oz of just alright shit you would see as the cheapo stuff at the clubs! Cuz that's what I got last round, but now this next one I have coming with Sugar Cane Kush and Arizona Iced Tea's is gonna be something to remember here at ICMAG especially for us 400w Clubbers and Tent growers. My seedlings are already 6-11" and I just topped them all instead of right away like I had before and I'm vegging them out proper before I flip em...

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
next one I have coming with Sugar Cane Kush and Arizona Iced Tea's is gonna be something to remember here at ICMAG especially for us 400w Clubbers and Tent growers. My seedlings are already 6-11" and I just topped them all instead of right away like I had before and I'm vegging them out proper before I flip em...

I'll be grabbing a seat for this one. Can't wait.

:jump:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
By the way guys and gals today I got my PPM Pen!!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!! Drum roll please babaddadadadadadadadadadadadadada My tap water is just 54ppm after I calibrated the pen with the 1382 solution it came with!!!! I'm fucking stoked! I couldn't believe it and had been looking at RO systems all morning then got the pen this afternoon and I was like no fucking way it can't be right!!! So I busted out my lil Flora Nova Grow bottle I have cuz I know it says on the back 1 tsp per gal gives 600ppm or 1.25ml per liter so I mixed it up and it read out 704ppm then I checked the tap again and then the nute mix and it's right! I made sure to calibrate it again and do it one more time to be sure hahaha but yea my tap water is 54ppm!!!!!

That mean's I have RO quality water so says the back of my pen! Has a chart on the back that says 0-50 is RO quality 50-100 is Filtered and 200-300 is city tap water!!! I'm in midtown in the downtown area of Sacramento and my shit is 54ppm!!!