What's new

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

yo Thundurkel been following all your grows for a minute just now chiming in, all of em were dope btw. My question is did you see any diff b/w plant/root growth using the air pots compared to conventional sq. pots?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks everybody, yea man it's gonna get nuts in there fairly quick and I can't wait to see all the beautiful frosty purple buds growing in there!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
18 days and it's getting crazy!

18 days and it's getting crazy!

So I'm 18 days into flowering on everybody but 2 plants which is a small Double Purple Blowfish in a square pot which is like 14 days and then my DJ Short Pre2K Blueberry is 8 days into flowering showing pistils!!! I hope she stays female and gives me some nice Blueberry buds for my personal stash cuz I've been looking for some real BB since 8th grade! Still haven't had a sample that compares that shit I was getting back in 97-98!!! Well anyways the tent is going nuts and filling in like crazy as you will see in these pics.. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 18days of flowering
picture.php

Double Purple Blowfish 18 days of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

Canopy shot on day 18 of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

DJ Short Pre2K Blueberry 8 days of flowering
picture.php

LB#5 18 days of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 18days of flowering
picture.php

Oregon Grape bagseed pheno A 18days of flowering and stackin up the bud sites!

So yea I'm not sure what my harvest will be but I know I have the biggest plants I've grown so far in there and can't wait to see em filled out with buds dripping with resin :dance013:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So unloved I'm gonna cry lol come on now folks I know somebody's got something to say or a question haha I'm bored. This thread needs some life to it! I guess I'll let you all know what my nutes are this week...

At the start of week 3 or day 15 I upped the Bloom and Ginormous and Uncle John's Blend and Vegan Tea and the FloraNectar (it's all I have I ran out of Humboldt Honey ES)
so here's the line up's ratios per gallon of tap water.. MAKE SURE TO ADD THE MICRO FIRST AND MIX IT IN OR YOU WILL HAVE LOCK OUT!!!!

5ml Micro 6-0-0 (Cutting Edge Solutions)
15ml Bloom 0-6-5 (Cutting Edge Solutions)
2.5ml Ginormous 0-18-16 (Humboldt Nutrients)
5ml Plant Amp (Cutting Edge Solutions)
2.5ml Mag Amped (Cutting Edge Solutions)
10ml Uncle John's Blend 0-0-2 (Cutting Edge Solutions)
10ml Flora Blend Vega Tea 0.5-1-1 (General Hydroponics)
10ml Flora Nectar 0-0-1 (General Hydroponics)
10ml ProZyme(Humboldt Nutrients)
1.25ml Floralicious Plus 2-0.8-0.02 (General Hydroponics)

So far so good with that mix as I haven't had any issues yet and my girls seem to like it and the Ginormous is the only PK boost on the market with no salt index so it doesn't choke out other much needed trace elements that in return give more flavorful flowers and make the swell much easier at least that's what I hear lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm gonna do the math shortly I know before I upped the bloom and added Ginormous I was around 935ppm including my tap being around 120-200 from what my friend told me it was before he moved...

he said it was 120-160 but in Ready Set Grow they say most tap is around 200ppms so I went with the higher just to be safe and not burn my girls cuz they are all too pretty this round!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No meters here bro just a cannastats calculator and the guranteed analysis from my bottles and that's how Head does his ppms too..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No I know tap is around 120-160 my buddy who lived in the same neighborhood tested the water with his Hanna meter and said it was always around that and never even hit up to 200ppms I just want to stay safe with my guesstimation

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
wow those plants are very healthy!

Thanks man and to think I haven't had to ph shit since I started using the Plant Amp!!! It's like a magical ph stabilizer lol I did a test to see how long it takes to have the ph rise back up to 6.0 and it happens within the day so my guess is my ph sits in the 5.0-5.8 range before the next feed. So I'm thinking they are taking up all the nutrients very easily it seems with everything I'm using. :dance013:

Batboy

Are there any other threads where people are discussing/using these smart pots? The huge 'smartpot' thread that was linked way back in this thread is talking about a felt-type bag and not these funky looking air pots. I appreciate Thundurkel's posts and pics, but I want to see more and hear other people's first hand impressions.

Thanks

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Smart Pots are those felt looking things, Air Pots are these things. They work with the same goal in mind, but they do it in different ways. They're different products.

There's a few members using them, you can find them with the search. There isn't a whole lot of info on them yet.

sednal

Hey Pal!
Things are looking nice this run, i like how you vegged them out more:)
Sorry i havnt been around in these forums, iv found myself stuck in BOG's forums, as i have some Sour Bubbles veggin now.
My tent is currently filled with 4 Big Buds in 4 gallon Air-Pots, bushed the fuck out! they pack the tent wall to wall and i have the light up as high as i can!
I also squeezed two little Pure Power Plant females in 1 gallon regualr containers that i ended up with from some freebies. Ill post some pics when i get home from work, you will be shocked!
Stay safe bro
-sed

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
NICE!! Yea I should've vegged a bit longer from the looks of my LB#5s but oh well my Sugar Cane Kush grow next cycle is gonna be off the hook!!!

very nice. I have just began flowering some girls in my tent, and this is motivating! by the way, how far away is the glass on the reflector from the top of the canopy?