What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W Female Seeds Grapefruit

the rocheklip

Great grow going on here Toka. It looked so good I had to back track and spend a hour reading your old threads :yoinks: Love that the cab you use is straight outta a cheap furniture store, I'm gonna start up my 1st grow in two weeks and I'm looking for all easy store bought equip. Keep up the good work I'll be watching. :lurk:

G

nice lookin grow u got there m8, i will be interested to see how these lovely ladies progress as they get older. :lurk:

heres a pic of my grapefruit from last year

Tokabowl

Update, 4 days 12/12

Update, 4 days 12/12

Hey guys :wave:

Neil, thanks man :yes: , yea the LST has really worked well, they are proper bushy now.
I hope they wont reach for the sky that much lol, because at this stage ive only got about 30cm of height left to work with (so the plants can stretch to a bit more than twice their height from now).
I do however have a bit of leeway for tying them down some more so hopefully it wont get out of control.

Hi the rocheklip, Im glad you enjoyed reading my previous threads. These cabs are very handy indeed. Ill keep an eye out for your grow, Good Luck!

Hey Rhino. Nice healthy lady in that pic! How much veg did you give her? What kinda stretch did you get in the start of 12/12? What yield did you get? And.. any budshots?? :D Cheers m8

Right well its been 4 days since the timer was switched, they seem to have appreciated the full strength feeding (veg nutes) they got after the transplant and are simply exploding with growth, here are some pics from yesterday (day 3 12/12):

9931floday3.jpg

9931floday3_1.jpg

9931floday3_2.jpg

9931floday3_3.jpg

9931floday3_4.jpg

9931floday3_5.jpg

9931floday3_6.jpg

9931floday3_7.jpg

9931floday3_8.jpg

Peace
:joint:

Tokabowl

Update, 7 days 12/12

Update, 7 days 12/12

Well the plants have been in 12/12 for a week and they are starting to stretch a little, but theyre not out of control yet.
They got their first shot of bloom nutes yesterday (just over 1/2 strength, pH 6.5). Temps when lights on are in between 23 and 27C and drop to around 18-19 when lights are off.

Here are some pics:

9931floday7.jpg

9931floday7_1.jpg

9931floday7_2.jpg

9931floday7_3.jpg

9931floday7_4.jpg

9931floday7_5.jpg

9931floday7_6.jpg

9931floday7_7.jpg

9931floday7_8.jpg

9931floday7_9.jpg

:lurk:

cobo

Looking Great Tokabowl , your a bit of a David Bailey there with that Camera, keep them pics coming

I've got my chair pulled up here watching the show :lurk:

darrinjefferson

damn tokabowl......those ladies are getting really big...i mean really big. thats very nice. they look so healthy and green. keep it up my friend and you will be rewarded.

late

Tokabowl

Update, 8 days 12/12, cab upgrade

Update, 8 days 12/12, cab upgrade

Thanks guys! :friends:

I installed the carbon filter in the cab yesterday. Its a 5" filter which has an airflow of 240m3/h. My 4" fan has an airflow of 220m3/h so things should be jiggy.
I initially got a 4" filter, but its airflow was only 175m3/hour so insufficient for that fan.
Only slight issue with the 5" filter is its size! its huge for this size cab, and was a hassle to hang up. (15" long and 10" diameter).
Here are a couple of pics:

9931floday8.jpg

9931floday8_1.jpg

9931floday8_2.jpg

9931floday8_3.jpg

9931floday8_4.jpg

9931floday8_5.jpg

Temps are exactely the same now the filter is in there, which is a good sign I guess :D

Peace

cobo

you seem to have ur grow dialed in , just one suggestion .. buy some Maylar and cover the walls with it , will deffinitly help increase your light spread and yield . you only need about 2 m for ur closet . :wave:

kooki

Really nice training toke , you seem to be filling your space well with those two :yes: nice job. Got gifted some fem seeds pp, so interested to see how their plants grow, and yours look really healthy and responding well to the Lst. Hope they bud up fat frosty n nice for you. :wave:

waydee

I've got the same filter... in about a space half the size! overkill for sure, but better safe than sorry.

Things are looking great, i'm seriously considering grapefruit for my next grow...

G

lookin great toka!
the GFs were much bigger yielders than the NL i grew at the same time.
GFs weren't really nute sensitive when i grew them, they handled very klow ph'd solution, over heating, underwatering. They showed much less stress than the NL did.
THey're great yielders, for you to have trained and everything they will reward you!
i got a lil over an ounce off of each plant and they were vegged for about 26 days (under 150wHPS/175wMH).
good smoke, only about a week into cure but it's already starting to smell fruity and sweet. get ready for a stretch! you can check out the link in the sig on pages 3 and 4 to get a better look at the finished results that i got.
good luck!
- SubN

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey TOke, Damn you did a great job in veg with those two, i expeted a strain like grapefruit to get a little out of control with how big you let em get in veg, but it looks like you got it all takin care of. Just wanted to let you know that my chair is pulled up and my bowl is roasting.
Peace
N.Kron

Tokabowl

Update 12 days into 12/12

Update 12 days into 12/12

Hi guys :wave:
cobo said:
you seem to have ur grow dialed in , just one suggestion .. buy some Maylar and cover the walls with it , will deffinitly help increase your light spread and yield . you only need about 2 m for ur closet
Thanks for the tip. I thought about it at some point but being lazy as i am i just dismissed it lol. I've got some black/white sheeting lying around, but youre right i should probably go all the way and get some mylar. Thats on my to-do list :yes:

kooki said:
Really nice training toke , you seem to be filling your space well with those two nice job. Got gifted some fem seeds pp, so interested to see how their plants grow, and yours look really healthy and responding well to the Lst. Hope they bud up fat frosty n nice for you
Cheers man. Nice job with your K2 btw, it looks great :yes: Good luck with the Purple Power too, I hope it goes well for ya, apparently it is a tricky strain to grow indoors (from the femaleseeds website: "A very popular early and fast flowering variety for outdoor growing. Buds become purple to lavender-blue. Flowering starts mid-July to the beginning of August in Holland. Our test results for batch # FS-PP-1103: good outdoor/greenhouse performance, needs to be vegged at least 8 wks. Unreliable indoors.").
It will be interesting to see how they perform :lurk:

waydee said:
I've got the same filter... in about a space half the size! overkill for sure, but better safe than sorry.
Things are looking great, i'm seriously considering grapefruit for my next grow...
I know what you mean hehe. This filter is definitely doing the job. Absolutely no stray odours. I hope you enjoy growing the grapefruit as much as i do :D

SubnoizeKid said:
lookin great toka!
the GFs were much bigger yielders than the NL i grew at the same time.
GFs weren't really nute sensitive when i grew them, they handled very klow ph'd solution, over heating, underwatering. They showed much less stress than the NL did.
THey're great yielders, for you to have trained and everything they will reward you!
i got a lil over an ounce off of each plant and they were vegged for about 26 days (under 150wHPS/175wMH).
good smoke, only about a week into cure but it's already starting to smell fruity and sweet. get ready for a stretch! you can check out the link in the sig on pages 3 and 4 to get a better look at the finished results that i got.
good luck!
- SubN
Thanks :wave: thats some nice nugs you got there, and a nice yield too. Keep it growing

glock23 said:
Lookin killer mate. Grapefruit sounds delicious too! Hope it lives up to the name ;)
Thanks for poppin in :yes: Not only does grapefruit sound delicious but its a beautiful plant and it smells delicious too :canabis: , but im afraid ill have to wait another 6weeks+ before i can tell quite how delicious it tastes too :D

NorthernKronic said:
Hey TOke, Damn you did a great job in veg with those two, i expeted a strain like grapefruit to get a little out of control with how big you let em get in veg, but it looks like you got it all takin care of. Just wanted to let you know that my chair is pulled up and my bowl is roasting.
Peace
N.Kron
Hi and thanks NK. Im glad youre enjoying the show. Stay Tuned

Well here are some pics of the ladies today:
9931floday12.jpg

9931floday12_1.jpg

9931floday12_2.jpg

9931floday12_3.jpg

9931floday12_4.jpg

9931floday12_5.jpg

9931floday12_6.jpg

9931floday12_7.jpg

9931floday12_8.jpg

9931floday12_9.jpg

9931floday12_10.jpg

They are definitely stretching away, I think I made the right decision not to have vegged them any longer. I cant wait for them to fill up with some juicy buds, should start in the next week or two (when they get their shot of PK13-14 :D )

On another note, here is my new avatar:
9931homemadeavatar.jpg

I made it absolutely randomly with Paint Shop Pro when i was testing different effects on this picture here:

what do u think?

Peace

Jnicks

nice avatar bro,

oo, and the grapefruit are looking ok too. haha

seriously those look awsome.
i was wanting to try some grapefruit outdoors this season but female seeds seem to have sold out of EVERYTHING on seed boo!

Tokabowl

13 days 12/12, 48 days from seed

13 days 12/12, 48 days from seed

Thanks Jnicks :yes:

Here are a few pics from today, I cleaned up the inside of the canopy a little, cut off the small branches and pre-popcornbudsites that are furthest away from the light:

9931floday13.jpg

9931floday13_1.jpg

9931floday13_2.jpg

9931floday13_3.jpg

9931floday13_4.jpg

9931floday13_5.jpg

9931floday13_6.jpg

Plant on the left side of the cab:
9931floday13_7.jpg

9931floday13_8.jpg

9931floday13_9.jpg

9931floday13_10.jpg

The other, slightly bushier one:
9931floday13_11.jpg

9931floday13_12.jpg

9931floday13_13.jpg

9931floday13_14.jpg

:lurk:
Peace

kooki

:yes: looking great toke , thats a good canopy u got, and that setup is gonna fatten them up i can tell :yummy: ,thanks for the info on the fems PP , i was told similar about them being unreliable indoors but sounds like a good challenge to me :D hehe great photo's u got btw, keep on doing what u do.

G

plants look spectacular man, deff a strain i'd like to try some day. seen alot of grows of it.. your doing great at restricting those ladies, gotta love the bondage. last time i tried an lst, i had one of my plants lacerate itself... never will i use anything thin to tie girls down again.. that avatar is trippy mate. i'll be watching. best of luck and take care.

Latest posts

Latest posts