What's new

400w CMH V-scrog cab! Tube of Green anyone?

only thing i find hard is paying for commercial crap.
i look at it this way... small investment+time=a shit load of dank. after growing my own and knowing quality i find it hard to fork out the cash for half ass grown weed. paying a little here and there for nutes is nothing in comparison to the amount of dank i get out of growing not to mention the feeling of success come harvest. plus your not putting money into the local dealers hands. i know you like to smoke or you wouldn't be here, it's up to you to define "hard". i change my res once a week and a little trimming once or twice per grow. checking ph is a routine i've got use to, part of my day just like a shower. if hydro produces more and gets the same or better quality in the same time why not go hydro?

i'd sleep standing up if that was all it took to have dank nugs come harvest, now thats "hard" but i'd sure as fuck do it. :headbange

HAHAHHA Now thats some hard core movements STKE! Ill do hydro when i getmy own place, but for now, soil is where im at. BTW my light bulb cleared customs, so maybe 2 days more!!!!

MPL

/agree to everything

I'm going hydro next grow as well.

stke_fingas said:
only thing i find hard is paying for commercial crap.
i look at it this way... small investment+time=a shit load of dank. after growing my own and knowing quality i find it hard to fork out the cash for half ass grown weed. paying a little here and there for nutes is nothing in comparison to the amount of dank i get out of growing not to mention the feeling of success come harvest. plus your not putting money into the local dealers hands. i know you like to smoke or you wouldn't be here, it's up to you to define "hard". i change my res once a week and a little trimming once or twice per grow. checking ph is a routine i've got use to, part of my day just like a shower. if hydro produces more and gets the same or better quality in the same time why not go hydro?

i'd sleep standing up if that was all it took to have dank nugs come harvest, now thats "hard" but i'd sure as fuck do it. :headbange

percy_smokes

Alright mate, that whole set-up looks sweet, the bulb the screen the weed!! oh and co2 u've got all things covered, i've been thinking of doing somthing similar only i gotta use seeds, gonna try some 12/12 from the get go. sort of 3week perpetual. I've been using soil up till now but im designing a new cab an wanna go for hydro. how does your dripper system work?

percy smokes sup!
thanks for the kind words, the drip system is fed by a $20 pump(home de pot) connected to a "squid" with 8 dripper lines(1 for each plant) fed to each plant site. runs nonstop during light and off all night. the drain is connected to the top of my res and recirculates. drip systems make for some easy flushing. i only flush for 3 days with clearex and can easily get >70ppm before harvest. good flush and liquid karma = tasty smoke.

why not keep a mom and run clones? faster and will produce more(having a known heavy yielder vs seed). i wouldn't fill a scrog with a plant from seed. you may end up with a badass male. :fsu:

tkayone what up!
thanks for the kind words and joining in! see the harvest?! i can't wait to smoke the harvest! lol if things go well i should pull something nice.

looking back at my pictures i realize i need to update! plants are WAY bigger and have started to slow in growth, then realized i was out of Co2 last night. gotta wait till monday... my solenoid gets stuck open and i know that's the reason i ran out. i've gone to get something out of the room and heard the Co2 flowing. gotta turn it on and off to get it to shut off. hydrofarm POS! i'm calling them today. when i bought it the guy at the store said they have a problem with some doing this. had it for about a year before realized what was happening. :fsu:

Tony Danza

That tube's starting to get full, how much training do you have to do? Are you having to dick around with every branch every day, or do you just tweak a branch or two when you check in.

Either way, I bet you'll be stoked to see em stop stretching and start pushing bud. Looks like soon, what strain are you growin' in there anyway?

great job

tony

I'm in for this grow... never seen such a cool looking setup :p. reminds me of the movie Sunshine.. all futuristic and stuff..

can we get a birds eye view of ur grow? Or is there to much stuff in the way? Also, can u place a bic lighter or a pepsi can beside ur leaves.

Thanks
Still looking GGGRRREate!

Tony danza,
thanks for stopping by! do you play COD4? seen someone with the same screen name the other day.
training is about the same as a flat scrog, more in the veg cycle and not so much after. i'm using paper clips cut in half for a more precise hold and seems to be working out great. there is around ~50 tops that i have to look after but it's easy with the paper clips. been training every other day or so.
i am so stoked! it's a "bubba kush" cross(backcross, or trainwreck)... looks, smells, and taste like bubba though, its seed from a herm(heat related) a friend had. this is one of the three phenos i kept out of 30 i planted. had her in the garden for quite some time now. will make anyone look chinese when picked late and very racy and usually over whelming(if your not a "smoker") at about 55 days. i'm just going to call it VBK (very bubba kush) to keep things simple. and she will be coming down when milky, it is my absolute favorite smoke!

green screen,
like the name man... that green screen in my cab is off the chain! shit comes in handy in the tube o'green! thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. lol been trying to perfect this for a while now and i think i got it! she will yield good!

nightcrawler sup!
i tried taking a pic to match the same view throughout the grow but it's too packed to see shit! couple leaves n thats it. there is way more growth than you can see in the pictures. she needs a video to grasp how big the canopy really is. i'll see what i can do tonight and i'll also put in a bic for sizing purposes.

be back tonight with some more pics...... anyone want to see something in particular?

sweet deal man. ill check it out tommarow, for now im goign to reach bed.

PIC post; bic beside one of the main stems at the bottom.

couple new pictures, screen is really filling out nice. i hope they stop stretching and focus on bud production. i ran the exhaust for 30 min(was 15) and it seemed to stop my humidity problems.

Tony Danza said:
that screen is so packed!

:headbange you are not kidding! you would have to see this in person to fully grasp the density of the canopy. when it's done i'll hang it up and take some proper pictures. until then you'll just have to imagine, it doesn't look nearly as full in the pictures. they have almost stopped stretching and are really filling out nice. i'm guessing about ~50 growing tips are in perfect distance from the light. i'm expecting great things to come. :jump:

so it looks like my cab will have only one run done in it. a few nights ago i had changed out my nutes and closed her up. came back to check before bed and it looked like a MAJOR leak had occurred. my humidity was retarded! it fucked up my cab, caused some water damage that i see only getting worse. i have bigger and better plans anyway! i seen the perfect cab at home de pot for 2 400w'ers and a much bigger screen. i hope it holds out for this grow. next cab will have a DIY thread showing how it's all done.

KID thanks for stopping by! in a week i'll know how it'll go for sure, looks to be amazing right now.

Last edited:

Propoline

hey stke my friend :wave:

Looks like happy times are coming your way. Lots of sticky buds. Sorry to hear about the cab, after all the time and rest put into it, and ends like that, but maybe was its destiny, to get you further in your process. Cab with two 400W sounds like a lot heat to me, but I'm sure you'll get things done the proper way, to provide the gals friendly environment.

keep them green

:wave: Propoline

Propoline said:
hey stke my friend :wave:

Cab with two 400W sounds like a lot heat to me, but I'm sure you'll get things done the proper way, to provide the gals friendly environment.

keep them green

:wave: Propoline

thanks for stopping by pro! my vertical brotha

i think i'll be able to handle it. 6" duct all the way, very few bends and the stanley kickin! it keeps the one 400w that i have cool to the touch and thats with the retard ducting job i did. 4" and way too many bends. my next cab will be just freakin awesome! i'll be working on it and getting it ready but i bet i have plenty of smoke to last me a little while on this run. i got some GHS indoor mix but i'm really looking for some new beans to run in the next cab. mmm.. i want some purp(that purple taste is ridiculous)! maybe half and half :chin:

Last edited: