What's new

400w CMH V-scrog cab! Tube of Green anyone?

Tony danza!
first off thanks for the sweet comments on my grow. 70w hps? wow never knew they got that small. with a CMH the issue with controlling the heat can be thrown out the door. they run noticeably cooler than a hps. i have a few ideas that may help as far as making the switch to vertical in a cab! i'll throw up some plans if you are interested in them. i'm using 3" PVC but now i want 4". i have one tube per corner with 2 plants in each one. the DIY elbow design is the key to my success. i had tried 3 different designs before getting it right. the pluming Y's they sell don't allow the roots to get proper moisture and many plants will suffer! using smaller diameter pvc makes it hard to put plants in after rooting especially if rooted in a ez-cloner. my DIY Y's are so easy to work with and had 100% success(for the first time). IMHO drip systems are the SHIT! i love em!

ILLperception sup buddy.
lucky you! i wanna new ballast too. after this run i'm getting a couple more 400watters there so much easier to cool and no way would i go back to hps. that's the "brick" cell phone from the 90's in my eyes. wouldn't be caught dead with one but still cool to have. kinda like "remember back when we used these HPS bulbs?" lol i wouldn't turn down a free one either. nice!

i got a total of 8 plants and one square yard of screen. i honestly think i can squeeze a half peezie out of my setup. one ounce each and .5 g/w isn't too far fetched. anyone got a guess?

i see the views rising everyday... i hope the words getting out! i wanna see some big dogs up in here! pontiac? i want one of those stamp things you give out! lol thats if you approve n all.

:wave: update coming tomorrow. there kicking asses and taking names in there so be ready for this one! the switch is coming soon. :jump:

Siddartha

Nice setup stke, should yield you a nice, fat stack o' t3h dankness. K++

I've been watching these vertical grows with interest, it seems the most efficient use of the light possible. I've seen a couple of people grow with the plants inside the screen and weave them back out. Do you think there'd be any advantage to this, like a little more room? I'm trying to redesign something like this for a 250w cmh. I saw a reactor/barrel grow with a similar light and the result were wonderful!

siddartha,
thanks for stopping by, glad you dig the setup! i like how vertical lights have a "sweet spot" all the way around it. as oppose to one small section under a horizontal light. everyone says how important the hood design is and keeping the light at the right distance for max growth. i say screw all that! no hood or light moving here, just tons of training!
my plan of attack is to train them right up against the screen on the inside using paper clips. only because i am working with some very limited space outside the screen. anything not on the inside of the tube when flower sets in will be trimmed. it's easier to trim off weak bud sites now than to trim the weak buds later. the cmh has done a excellent job at keeping vertical growth down to a acceptable level. i have yet to flower under one but it's looking good so far. if nodes=bud i'll have plenty :jump:

how about a little before and after?
first day posted (day5)

now this was last night (day 10)

Hey mnan looking great. How big are those fan leaves? They look huge in the last pic u posted... More like a tropical leaf.

sup fella's!

nightcrawler
glad to hear you dig the cab. it may be a illusion or something, there is some big leaves but they're nothing out of the ordinary. biggest ones are bout the size of my hand.

tleaf jr
hot and heavy? are you talking about me? ha ha yeah its looking nice man! i'm stoked that it's working at all! even more so cause it's working way better than i hoped for.

UPDATE! the past few days have been wild! my res is only like 6 gallons and it has been a bitch keeping up with the ph. the plants are in overdrive and doing good. my ph was changing fast and had a little lockout but it's all good. only like 5-6 leaves were effected. i went ahead and put them in 24 hours of darkness to help the switch into flower. starting tomorrow will be day 1 of flower. that makes a total of 12 days vegging. i think that my light and Co2 combined will help my plants to mature faster than ever before. but if not they will be coming down in about 55 days. i like the cloudy/clear harvest with this one cause when it's amber they will ruin my day if i wake and bake. makes for a rushing high that most occasional smokers can't handle. they will be fat, sticky, and stinky! just how we like em! this will be my 4th run with this particular cut and if it's anything like it has been in the past were all in for a great show. :jump:

stick around people! i'll put up pics after the stretch! fingers crossed for a full screen in about a week. if not i'll know for the next run.

nightcrawler
are you talking vertical or horizontal? to be honest i over did it with the light! all bullshit aside, this could and probably should be done with a 250w. the 400w is capable of some nice harvests bro. i'd give it a little more room between the screen and the light. i'd like to have 12" instead of 8", i wouldn't go above 18". that would be a giant screen(12'+) to fill.

4 plants is perfect! i did 8 because i wanted to use the same type of setup i'm perfecting for a "cage" "TOG" hybrid. but 4 would be easier to train and would have the same growth. the bottom plants are getting a little more water than the top and grew faster. i fed at every Y(plant site) because i had lost many plants in the past due to them drying out. vermiculite solved that issue. awesome stuff IMO!

i could go on for days dude, you gotta be more specific to get the answer your probably looking for. :laughing:

dtoker what up,
thanks for the comments! my light is on a closed loop, 6" duct to the bottom and 4" out the top, being pulled by a stanley. the room has a passive intake and DIY carbon filter on a 4" duct connected to a small blower. the light is cooled non-stop while it's on and the stale air is removed from the grow space for 15 min every hour. a few min after the exhaust turns off i inject with Co2. my calculations showed that i needed to run the Co2 for about one min to get the proper level. if it's not right or at least very close, i'd be shocked cause the growth has been unreal. i'm going to be running my exhaust while lights are off to help control my humidity. (i think lights off is the most important time to keep humidity in check).

i hope that's what you were looking.

i didn't realize he erased that post. anyways!

on to the good news. i'm on day 3 bloom and the screen is filling out nicely, it's a little more packed on the bottom than i wanted but i still have quite a bit more stretching to do. i'll throw up some pics when it's done with the stretch. looks like a freakin jungle in there already, i'm really excited with amount of tops that are in direct light right now and it's only going to get better. this is going to be awesome!!!! :headbange

Last edited:
G

Damn that looks good. I saw your pics elsewhere but now I finally found your thread. Nice job.

MPL
thanks for the comments! stick around it's about to pop off when i post up some new pics.

Vbp6us what up!
glad you found it and thanks for stopping by. i'm stoked that i got a few tagging along with this.

changing my nutes tonight, been running a veg regiment so i'm switching it tonight to bloom and a little veg. the ph stopped climbing and has been pretty consistent, which i understand as the plant switching to bloom mode. in bloom ph goes down and in veg it goes up in my experience. i haven't been foliar feeding yet but i have quite the canopy developing and love the results.

does anyone else use one of these?
mistymate_1991_13124434

i don't know if the size of the water droplet matters but i love this little gadget. it sprays a very fine mist and all you gotta do is pump it a few times.

nightcrawler sup!
yes and no. i spray my plants with liquid karma and blast off using that "mistymate". i have heard of some people that feed a light dose of nute but i like the liquid karma. blast off is something that i picked up on a random trip to the store and don't know how much it really does. when i run out i guess i'll find out. i think the bottle says "foliar" on it or something, cause i have no clue where i came up with that. it may not even be right.

i will say this... when i spray my ladies they will grow way more than normal in the ~12 hours after fed. i would like to do it every day but there has got to be a side effect to something so great. l usually hit them 1-2 a week until the last 2 weeks. if i do it twice a week one of them is with pure water. your spit will evaporate before it hits the ground out here, i think that allows me to foliar all i want with no pm or mold issues. i battle the heat, not humidity. Co2 injection is the only way i can grow nice plants during the summer. :fsu:

hope that helps clear that up.

I love the tube scrog man ! I want to definitely try this technique some day. Im doing a regular scrog, but heres something for you to look foward to! That C02 thing looks great too, i used a make-shift one myself.

dr herb
thanks for stopping by and showing some bud shots! it's been a few months since i've had some plants in flower and can't freakin wait!

what genetics is that and how many weeks? looks like it'll be some nice smoke in about a month!

if that was hydro you would have a full screen with like 2 weeks veg. it's a lot easier than you would think and you can't beat the speed! i would be willing to bet triple your harvest in the same time frame too.

Latest posts

Latest posts