What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400 Watt DWC/ScrOG - Nirvana Blue Mystic

fatigues

Veteran
Hey all.

I definitely have a slime problem. I think it was because the lid was translucent, so it wasn't pitch black in the reservoir. You can see this in my first few pics. Since my last pic, I have completely blacked out the lid, but the slime is getting worse. The water temp is around 75 degrees.

Any suggestions? Ill get some pics of this.

Change out the rez and spray your roots, thoroughly and under a reasonable amount of pressure. Get the slime off of em pronto. Don't kill the roots. Add H2O2 to your new rez water.

Monitor the situation very closely. Repeat procedure if slime returns. Make sure there is plenty of air getting to your rez. Might want to up the air stone count if it returns.

75 is a wee warm, but many here have successfully grown at that rez temp.

P

prop215

you may wanna lower the screen. IMHO you have it too high. looks good though

Crafty

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I took care of the root slime and lowered the screen.

Here are some updated pics after three weeks.

Here is the plant on the left that had slime on the roots, it's behind now but growing beautifully!

picture.php
picture.php

Here is the plant on the right! Crazy growth!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Crafty

Alright everyone. The plants just exploded in growth and I'm not sure what to do next since this is my first grow. The Plant on the left is growing up and I put it through the screen so I can start to tuck it. The plant on the right is short, fat and growing like a bush. Should I trim the lower leaves on the left or what? I have no idea. Ill upload a few pics. Any help is much appreciated. The light cycle is still on 24:0.

Crafty

Should I trim the undergrowth and lower the screen on the right and push the leaves through the top and then start to tuck?

Crafty

Ok, I lowered the screen and trimmed some of the undergrowth on the plant on the right. I have tucked some of the leaves too.

S

Sir_Nugget

when the main shoot of the one on the right reaches the screen, keep it underneath the screen and the sideshoots will come up

Crafty

OK everyone, I have trimmed the plant on the right to try and control it a little. I have started to train them as well.

What does everyone think so far? I think they are female, but not 100% sure yet.

Any input would be awesome! Thanks everyone!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

grouchy

Whats the point of the screen if you are going to let them grow up through it? I think you need to get those tops laid down under the screen. You will want to pinch the stems before you bend them so you don't break them.

grouchy

One of the tricks to the scrog is keeping all the grow tips flat and even. When you do this every bud site thinks it is on top and grows like crazy. It's also fun when you sit back and realize that you are screwing with mother nature and you are winning.

Crafty

Haha, I kind of thought I wasn't doing something right. Thanks grouchy! I'll move the screen up a tad and then tuck everything so I can train them and manipulate mother nature! lol

C

cork144

you haver to let them grow up through the screen, then bend the plant over, push the topp of the plant through another hole and keep your screen at a fixed position

grouchy

It doesn't really matter as long as the canopy is flat. I just kept all of mine below it but you can weave if you like. As long as all growing tips are about equal you should be fine. Make up your own style if it makes it more fun.

Crafty

It doesn't really matter as long as the canopy is flat. I just kept all of mine below it but you can weave if you like. As long as all growing tips are about equal you should be fine. Make up your own style if it makes it more fun.

Thanks for the tips grouchy. Another question, I know the whole point is to maximize the amount of bud sites that are exposed, but where do these bud sites form, so I know where to tuck and so forth?

Crafty

Never mind, I figured out how to ScrOG by studying Aerohead's post. I have tucked the main chute and am running it along the screen trying to have a bud site at each open space. My next step will be switching to flowing once I fill the screen up. Just not too sure when to switch to 12/12 yet.

grouchy

It's really a crap shoot to figure out when to flip. They will continue to stretch for the first couple weeks. I would say flip when it is about 66-75% full.