What's new

4 8 15 16 23 42

RandyMarsh

Haven't stepped in here since the last few episodes. Mostly because Lost has my brain in a vice.

Hal: I believe MIB was focused on Jack the most because he believes Jack is the one that he needs to convince the most(to join him on his escape). I think MIB also knows jack is the 'leading candidate'.

Swicker: Faraday is Widmore's son. It is fact

As for the boy. I'm still not convinced he's a young Jacob. I'm also not convinced that Desmond is dead.

What's everyone's thoughts on Desmond hitting Locke at the end? Is Desmond conscious of both realities? (in other words: He hit Locke because in his mind it was LOCKE and not MIB that pushed him down the well in the other reality). Or is Desmond just trying to 'Show him something'?

Also Ilana blowing up was 100% expected after she was jamming those water bottles in there, and the close up on the extra saucy sticks of dynamite. Hand picked by Jacob, pfffft.

2Lazy

I had always theorized that Claire's baby-Daddy, Aaron's father, was another Widmore child. It was a long shot but his art is hung up in Widmore's office... just coincidence I guess.

I also wonder why Desmond hit Locke... maybe he'll walk again... maybe not. Desmond is the most intriguing character on the show for me.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Des is not dead
didn't you guys watch the preview? They showed him sitting at the bottom of the well, bruised, but alive, it also looked like they showed someone shooting down the well at him too, so maybes he's not alive for long.
And the plane, isn't that thing sitting on a beach?
I didn't think they had runways on the islands, how exactly are they going to take off?

RandyMarsh

I never watch the previews, but thanks.

They built a runway on Hydra Island, back when Kate and Sawyer were on the Others chain gang. The plane is sitting at the end of it; without it the plane never would have landed in one piece.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I never watch the previews, but thanks.

They built a runway on Hydra Island, back when Kate and Sawyer were on the Others chain gang. The plane is sitting at the end of it; without it the plane never would have landed in one piece.
Randy your right, I remember now, good call.
I didn't understand how it landed and was going to take off again, I see now, thanks

H

Hal

Thanks for the info on Desmond, kalico :) I'm busted, I never watch the previews.

Here is what many will consider a STUPID question, but please help me....what does MIB stand for? When I see it, all I can think of is "men in black." Does it stand for the smoke monster? If so, what do the letters stand for?

Thank you for your patience. :)

RandyMarsh

MIB stand for 'Man in Black'. Which yes, is the smoke monster. The name refers to his first physical appearance where he wears a black tunic (while jacob has a white one).
Lost-Tonight-Has-Everything-Gone-AlternateOr-Something.jpg

So right now MIB, Locke, Flocke, Smoke Monster are all the same thing (except in the sideways reality... where Locke is still alive)

Edit: Slow on the draw!

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Thanks for the info on Desmond, kalico :) I'm busted, I never watch the previews.

Here is what many will consider a STUPID question, but please help me....what does MIB stand for? When I see it, all I can think of is "men in black." Does it stand for the smoke monster? If so, what do the letters stand for?

Thank you for your patience. :)
I think they call him that because he always wears black, at least I think so.
But what was locke wearing last episode?
I don't remember it being black????
To my understanding Locke/MIB/Smoke monster are all the same thing.
Anyone know for sure?

I want to know what that smoke monster is.
Is it the devil?
Evil incarnate?
What is that thing supposed to be?

And who built the island? by that I mean that (man made?) wheel they turn to move it.

And who was the four toed alligator head statue?
The builders of the island?

Anyone have any ideas?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran

His slacks were black. The shirt was... dark. But, in truth, I haven't been looking for clues in costuming since the reveal that Locke is no longer Locke.

2Lazy

I think they call him that because he always wears black, at least I think so.
To my understanding Locke/MIB/Smoke monster are all the same thing.
Anyone know for sure?

I want to know what that smoke monster is.
Is it the devil?
Evil incarnate?
What is that thing supposed to be?

And who built the island? by that I mean that (man made?) wheel they turn to move it.

And who was the four toed alligator head statue?
The builders of the island?

Anyone have any ideas?

The Locke we see now is not the same body as before. The "smoke monster" in history is often referred to as an evil spirit. Look up a little ghost folk lore and you'll find some info on black smoke spirits.

What we've recently learned is that the smoke monster can manifest itself in different forms. There may be some specific rules to this, like the person needs to be deceased (Locke, Christian, Alex, etc). We also know that Jacob took the body of this spirit, and that it used to be a man just like any other.

My theory is that the sickness comes in to play. That Jacob is more an entity, an energy of destiny if you can imagine it, that inhabits the body of the chosen candidate. The body is then purged of the soul and Jacob inhabits the body. If the soul is infected then it becomes a black smoke monster.

Now, there is a scene right before Eko dies where Eko and Locke talk about what Eko just saw. John asks Eko "What did you see? I've seen it before." or something to that effect. John goes on to say that what he saw was the most brilliant white light. Eko says to him "That is not what I saw." This opens the door to the possibility that there is another kind of "monster" on the Island, but this would be a good spirit or a spirit that was not infected when Jacob took the body. So if Jacob takes Hurley's body Hurley goes white smoke. If Jacob takes Sayid's body then Sayid goes black smoke.

In regards to previous inhabitants of the Island we know there is a direct link between the Island and Tunisia. Tunisia was part of the Ancient Egyptian empire, and the statue fits in with this. The language of the hieroglyphics in the show is a mystery to me, but it is clearly a symbolic language, and looks a lot like Egyptian. Jacob includes some Greek in his tapestry also.

I think the name of the statue is Tep (but it's been a while since I've googled it). There is some discussion as to whether the statue is a crocodile or a hippo, but most people lean towards the hippo because of the stomach, as Tep is a fertility goddess.

Clearly MANY people were needed to be on this Island long enough to build this statue. These are likely the people who dug the wells and installed the wheel. The wheel itself is constructed of both wood and metal, and it doesn't look like copper or bronze. More like a low carbon steel or simple Iron. This points to about 1000 BC up to a point before the Roman conquest sometime around 35 BC. To be honest, I think the people who did all this were from the 6th to the 3rd century BC as they fit in with the greek aspects. I would venture a guess at the MIB being Greek in origin, as Jacob is this pale blonde dude, and could have been the body of the MIB before he managed to take another form.

I hope this helps more than it hurts :)

Kalicokitty

Veteran
No one has any ideas on that statue?
Aliens?
Race of beings that lived before humans and built the wheel?(my best guess)
Who built the temple? Who built that statue? Where did they go?
I hope they answer ALL questions by the end of the series

RandyMarsh

Where's the fun in them telling us every answer?

My guess for the statue is Egyptians, I think it's reasonable that some Egyptians found their way to the island and built the statue as their solution to everyone dying at child-birth. The statue is of Taweret, who was a fertility goddess in Egyptian mythology. So I guess in the absence of Juliet a massive statue was the best course of action.

Or it could be aliens.

Just like the pyramids.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah. The show's writers have announced that the statue IS Taweret, who was one of the wives of Set or of Horus, I believe. My ancient egyptian mythology is a little rusty.

But yes, Tawaret was the egyptian goddess associated with expectant mothers and fertility, so your guess is pretty much along the lines of what I've been thinking ever since they first showed the whole thing.

Damn shame they haven't resolved those naggling questions. Hope they do before it ends.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Tawaret, got it, thanks.
They did explain the whispers, so maybe the rest of it will become clear at the end.

2Lazy

No one has any ideas on that statue?
Aliens?
Race of beings that lived before humans and built the wheel?(my best guess)
Who built the temple? Who built that statue? Where did they go?
I hope they answer ALL questions by the end of the series

Really? I spend all that time answering your questions and you don't even bother to read it?

I guess that's what I get.

Latest posts

Latest posts