What's new

4,000 watts 64 plants, Ready Set Grow :)

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
buzzed day said:
just stoped to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's and nice plants to.peace

With that Grow Turkey Day is on Lock i'm Thinkin!!
:jawdrop:

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Hey blaze,

Whats up? Im not sure if you remember me from way back. Just goin through the through the thread looks like you are still running a great set up. Peace!

F

ForbiddenFruit

Excellent work i'm inspired to try your soil mix

I'm looking for a water only mix to use and your mix looks to have good results

Gotta love a garden thats on point

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey Blaze...been a while dude, but DAMN son, your shit is lookin amazing!!! Huge props to u for bein able to keep all those girls healthy & happy!!!Killer stuff dude, Ill be in more often, I promise...Peace

- Z

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
absolutely fantastic is an understatement here. i remember talking about ak48 with you years ago on overgrow. you have come a long way. keep up the good work. peace and smoke head

F

ForbiddenFruit

blazeoneup I'm looking forward to an update man

Your soil method is just what I've been looking for, so I was reading a few of your threads tonight.

I see that you adjusted your mix slightly this round adding 1/4 bag ffof

I'm guessing you added ffof because it gives your mix a taste of castings, quanos and fish meals which sort of balance the mix and make it more complete. No?

Just curious if this was your first time adding FFOF and does it make a noticeable difference

What

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just checking the thread out and saying high....i've been such a bad visitor to be honest....Nway forgive me for that lol.....Still looking good though seeing the pics...but you know a fox does't lose his tricks :wink:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Thanks for all the post, Hope everyone is doing well! How bout a quick update some of the picture quality is poor, But I will get some better ones soon!

K

KINGKONG

Looking nice bro. I tried your soil this run. Everything is looking GREAT! Not one damn leaf is showing ANY sign of anything.

Thanks for that

C

cobain420

Blaze, how long until they get chopped?

Looking awesome, keep it up. Always super clean :)

maxxim

So whats the consensus on the lizard lights/UVB?

Can you really notice a difference in potency? Do the buds get frostier?

Or is it unnoticeable but since they only run 15 watts you do it anyway?

I only ask because your grows are the only times I see the UV lights mounted to the hoods and if it does indeed work then I will copy the setup also. It just seems like more people would be doing the UV lizard lights if the hype was real.
That said after almost a year of failed or pitiful crops I switched over to the Blaze dirt bag mix and am finally getting the first good crop ever so whatever Blaze says I will take for the truth and emulate it.

Thanks.....

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
UVB lighting doesnt increase potency, What it doesn is increase the ammount of trichromes produced, It also increases the size of the trics a bit.

Its like this if you take 2 shots of liquer both 5.8% alcohol by volume. You then mix them 2 shots together in one double shot glass. The stuff wouldnt be any stronger it would still be 5.8% by volume. However seeing there is more total liquer there it would get you more fucked up then a single shot.

Not because its more potent just because there is more liquer. This is sorta what uvb does for trichromes. It doesnt make the cannabinoids more potent it makes them more abundant. Which in turn makes the final nugs seem more potent. Because there is more cannabinoids per gram of material, Not because the thc is actually stronger!

Yes it works and yes I have noticed a difference. If I hadnt I wouldnt waste the money on the lights.

maxxim

Thats all I needed to hear...... Off to buy some lizard lights.....

One other thing....

My local hydro shop only sold the 5 gallon bags so for the first 2 runs now I`ve been using them. I`ve noticed that it takes a while for the water to be used up in the 5 gallon bags. I ordered the 3 gallon bags today for cycle 3.

Are the 5 gallon bags ok even though it looks like the water dosen`t dry out for close to 4-5 days or should I use the 3 gallon so that they dry out in 2-3 letting the roots get more O2? I`m feeding them 3/4 of a pitcher of water each when they dry out and I have never seen any run off through the holes in the sides or bottom. Plants look good but I`m just entering week 5 on the first cycle and while they look great I don`t see them drinking 2 liters of water every 2-3 days.

Quazi

Trichomes are produced by the plant naturally to protect it from the harmful radiation of the sun. More radiation, means the plant will try to protect itself more. Trichomes are also produced as a delivery method for the defensive chemicals (that we love and adore) that help to keep predators away from cannabis. However, the second reasoning isn't really important here.

Anyway, yes: more glands. However, studies have shown that, with UVB, strength is also affected.

The spheres at the end of the glands act as a lens to focus the waves of light. These waves of light are used for the phytochemical reaction responsible for our beloved THC.

This is why trichomes appear foggy under incandescent light. However, under UV or sunlight, areas become clear. These are the areas where the absorption can occur. Indeed, a scientific study has shown that the THC cannot be fully realized without a hint of UVB. Here's a quote from a paper on the subject:
The author's own experience allow for a more specific conclusion: If the UVB photon is missing from the light stream(a), or the intensity as expressed in µW/cm2 falls below a certain level(b), the phytochemical process will not be completely energized with only UVA photons which are more penetrating but less energetic, and the harvested resin spheres will have mostly precursor compounds and not fully realized THC(c).
This is why MH produces more trichs than HPS: the plant is trying to protect itself from the UVB that is emitted in levels in MH that are not as present with the HPS. The plant will also protect itself by exposing less surface area of the calyxes; producing tighter buds as a result.

:2cents:

Didn't mean to jack your thread man! Just trying to add some additional info for people trying to understand why UVB is helpful to a grow.

Updates are looking tremendous blaze!

-Q :rasta:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I see you're still putting up those trashy half done rooms filled with knobby kneed twigs. You should be embarassed :nanana:

Heya bro!:wave:

Last edited: