What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4,000 watts 64 plants, Ready Set Grow :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hello everyone welcome the my new thread, I will be running 4 1k's 16 plants per light total of 64 plants. I have not completed the room yet but I am working hard to get it done asap. Figured I should start the thread a little before hand. Anyways I'll post more info on everything later for now here is some of my progress. Until next time be safe and take care!

Also the lights are just hung temporarely they will be remounted before this show gets on the road.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
why not line up all the hoods so the ducting is straight? makes less drag and will improve airflow.
otherwise, i aswell cannot wait for this thing to get green.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Smokey well I dont know how to respond to that other than, Thanks for the kind words.

DIGITALHIPPY
blazeoneup said:
Also the lights are just hung temporarely they will be remounted before this show gets on the road.

Thats the whole reason I posted the above ^^^ I hung them temporarely to get them out of the way as I was mounting the uvb fixtures. They will be aligned properly before the show gets on the road.

Last edited:
G

Another GREAT GROW commin!!!!!!!!!

BLAZE buddy be shure an BLAZE THIS PLACE!
Like you always do hehe.....

jawnroot

Blaze, very professional setup. I posted some comments regarding your UV lighting in the UV thread, which I think you should consider before you give the green light to your grow.

Other than that, excellent work, and above all, be very, very safe, and tell no one if you can help it.

fumancu

Hey great looking setup.Timer set up could have a little been better, Im sure it will work great though.how is power getting to timers But looks great all around though.What kind of beans you starting with.
proper hard wired industrail timer.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=93799

Allso is each timer on a 20 amp breaker. I see 2 timers.So is it 2 1ks per timer? 2x 1k=18+ amps.To much for a single breaker even a 20.You can run 2 20 amp lines per timer if wired right just wonder if that is what you did.

Last edited:

T-type

New Blaze grow, count me in....
Is this some sort of super stealth room, maybe you have to pull a certain brick in the wall and your room of buds opens up?
Love your grow rooms, so clean....

steve green

i also wanna know what strain(s) you gonna be running ?

Looking forward BLazeoneup-
i get the feeling its gonna be a good show :lurk:

G

YO Blaze, what about the KBS you said you would be running? Is that a no-go or what?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
fumancu said:
Hey great looking setup.Timer set up could have a little been better, Im sure it will work great though.how is power getting to timers But looks great all around though.What kind of beans you starting with.
proper hard wired industrail timer.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=93799

Allso is each timer on a 20 amp breaker. I see 2 timers.So is it 2 1ks per timer? 2x 1k=18+ amps.To much for a single breaker even a 20.You can run 2 20 amp lines per timer if wired right just wonder if that is what you did.

I have not wired it to the panel yet just got the timer board built. I will be running from the main panel, 220 over to a junction box where I will split it into 2 110 lines which will run one into each timer. I will have 1 1k on each outlet, Each outlet is 20 amps therefore 1 1k light is less then 50% of the available amps. The wire used is 10/2 for the timer board and outlets, Handles 30 amps fine max used amps per timer/10/2 wire is 18-20 amps plenty of safety there. From the junction to the main panel I will run 8/3 which will carry the 36 amp load with no problems.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Even_Steven said:
YO Blaze, what about the KBS you said you would be running? Is that a no-go or what?

The estimated cost for the kfb room was 17,500 I am going to make some more $$$ before I throw out that kinda dough :) But to answer your question that grow is still going to take place! When is the more logical question.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
can't wait to see what the final setup is going to be blaze!
excited to see another grow starting up though :Rasta:

fumancu

Sounds like you got it down pat. Be watchn to see it done.If those are double pole timers.You wouldnt half to run two outlets on same timer cord.Cord is plenty safe would just cut power in half on that cord.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
fumancu said:
Sounds like you got it down pat. Be watchn to see it done.If those are double pole timers.You wouldnt half to run two outlets on same timer cord.Cord is plenty safe would just cut power in half on that cord.

If they were double pole timers then I would be running 220 but they are not they are just 40 amp 110 timers. Its been my experience that running 2 1k lights on a single 20 amp recepticle is dangerous nearly caused a fire trying that in the past! Recepticle nearly caused the house to go up in flames. So I have to run it this way.

fumancu

Sorry I ment the cord off your timer to the juntionbox that splits to 2 outlets.that cord has 2 lamps running on it and some sort of wire connector.Nothing wrong with connectors just try to avoid them.Its plenty safe .I have a timer just like that. mine is double pole 120v 0r 240 v .120 uses 1 pole 240 uses 2 . Still double pole eatherway. clock allways runs on 120v eatherway.Check my link I just did same thingonly half 2x1ks on 1 timer.I ran 2 120v lines to timer.Then To a 4 outletbox.Differnt 120v to each side.Eazy way is run 240v to timer.Use timer to split into 2 120v both timed.That way each light is on its own line and breaker.Put outlet before timer.Easy to go from building wire to other wire.Trying to get large or stiff wire in a timer sucks.Or Add a square D panel at top and all breakers would be right there and only need one run of large wire to SD panel.do rest with #12 stranded.

Last edited:
J

Joe Budden

Yea tats wat i'm talking about man!! few questions tho,
how big is your room?
What strains are ya running?
and are you going DWC this round?

This thread is tagged man, I wish you the best of luck!!

Later
JB

Latest posts

Latest posts