3x3 LED SoG, a perpetual thread.

DZLHIT

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next run:

picture.php

These are 3-4 days into 12/12 - going to be the largest plants under this LED yet. 4 haze, and 2 LA... the OGK is doing well but far too small to compete in the tent with these 6 others. They were transplanted from 1 gallon to 3 gallon, and I wanted to give them a few days to recover but after 2-3 days of 18/6 they were just looking enormous and decided to flip them. They are still adjusting to the transplanting though, got a bit over watered from me soaking them down.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, this run should be testing your LED's penetration abilities for sure!
that's some nice frost on the LA already. Have a tent of various Kush's a wk. ahead of you, see you @ the finish line!

:wave:

DZLHIT

@HL, I agree, this will be a true test of the light. This is also going to be my most successful run in this setup also, last few times the hazes were hungry and the plants had a lot of stretch. The LA goes 60-65 days, so another 5 weeks or so. Good luck brother.

Thanks AuZen, I wish more people posted their LED grows in this forum instead of just talking about the technology. Who cares what diode or chip is most efficient if no one is using them. The LED forum here is an epic fail.

lookin' good man!

i just finished up another run under the LEDs in the lighthouse hydro tent in my soil mix. that makes two runs finished in tents with just LED.

i have found that running all nine arrays is too much for the center, it has bleached the center plant both runs. since half thru the first run and the entire second run ive been just running @ 200w. i pulled 6.5 oz the first run and 4.25 the second. the first plants were vegged a lot more in their containers and fed botanicare PBP, where the second was just RO water with a 2 week veg in cups.

im just doing RO water thru drippers now for simplicity, coco based water only soil.

here are some shots of the one that just finished up, and some of the ones that are going.

vanilluna @ ~50 days
20140117_131255.jpg

20140117_131417.jpg

the whole tent, 9 plants in 2 gallon containers
20140117_131303.jpg

btk kush is the stretchy one, everything else is boneshine
20140117_131624.jpg

blockhead, about 15 days away from being finished.
20140114_193920.jpg

DZLHIT

Buds are looking nice and chunky there duder, glad to see you poke your head up. Water only is the way to be, my water source took a dump on me at the beginning of this run. The pH went way up, and of course I never check it unless I see an issue. So I am using the soil mix, which has been amended with more nutrient sources and re-composted, and also adding biocanna to my water again. I figure, if I am going to add something from a bottle to adjust the pH of the water, why not make it some nutrients?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kozmo

Veteran
"Cooking"

"Cooking"

View Image

Day 23 for these first two
View Image

View Image

View Image

More what I am going for I think:

View Image

Heat wave dropped my basement temps because of the AC, and I over watered a tad... nothing too horrible though... cruising along.

Auto is freakishly small, only been 2-3 days in the flowering tent but the other seedings are way ahead. Probably just a runt, my buddy ran some of these and they got decent size.

Uhm uhm.... o yea clones rooting.... what else.

Soil amendments are here...

Then cook it for 30 days or more. Any suggestions on the mix before I get this going?

What do you mean by letting it cook for 30 days or more? Are you saying after you mix it all together you allow the mixes to "get to know each other" by letting the microbes produce feed and develop a healthy thriving environment?

Kozmo

Veteran
I also noticed these "vegan" recipes for you soil. I'm glad I saw it because I was going to use fox farm mix and that has guano in it. I really could use some schooling here. Please check out my intro page and let me know if you would be interested.

Boscoe

If it's fruit bat guano, does that still count as "vegan"?

DZLHIT: This thread is awesome, dude! I'm learning so much from you and IndianaJones and the pix are absolutely inspirational! LOVE seeing LEDs have come of age...

DZLHIT

Manure is something that walks the line with technicalities. A staunch vegan would say no, I believe. There is some controversy about bat guanos specifically as well.

Boscoe, glad it has been helpful. I want to switch up to 5 watt chips with the next light purchase.

Boscoe

Beautiful! We're definitely past the point where anyone can say you can't grow buds with LED!

Even if you didn't go to 5w chips, just getting a second panel in there would be a worthy upgrade, I think.

I don't think a second panel would be wise. The evergrow panels can bleach em out really quickly. t5 side lighting would work, phaeton style, but heat would become an issue pretty quickly.

Boscoe

I don't think a second panel would be wise. The evergrow panels can bleach em out really quickly. t5 side lighting would work, phaeton style, but heat would become an issue pretty quickly.

Oh shit, don't listen to me then! :bashhead:

What is it that causes the bleaching? Is it one of the specific wavelengths or the overall wattage? Is it a brand specific issue?

This is kind of critical info for me because I was planning on putting two Chinese 340w (actual) units in a 2'x3'x5' grow cab, and now that's sounding like maybe not a smart thing to do...

You may have just saved me from a serious mistake, Mr. Jones.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome to see your LED penetrating so well w/ these larger plants! :good:

Bleaching for me is caused by being too close to the canopy. Minimum 16" for me, better @ two feet. I run three dif. LED units in a 4' x4' tent along w/ a 600w vertical, lots of light! :headbange

Boscoe

Awesome to see your LED penetrating so well w/ these larger plants! :good:

Bleaching for me is caused by being too close to the canopy. Minimum 16" for me, better @ two feet. I run three dif. LED units in a 4' x4' tent along w/ a 600w vertical, lots of light! :headbange

Damn! That IS a lot of light! I've noticed that most LED manufacturers do specify 16-18" minimum distance from the canopy, so I guess that makes a lot of sense. How many watts of LED total are you running?

Latest posts

Latest posts