What's new

3x3 LED SoG, a perpetual thread.

F

flae

Looking good DZLHIT!

I have to keep my 720 chrome 3 ft min in a 4 x 4 tent or it will bleach badly. It still penetrates to the floor with all bottom nugs just as nice as above.

Gelado`

Veteran
Looking great, I have heat issues in summer (I have to use air conditioning to keep the heat down) and I've been thinking of using LED instead of my HPS. I already supplement with around 100W of plant specific LED screw in bulbs with 3W emitters in the same wavelengths, but for summer growth going all LED would definitely help with the heat! I might even be able to just run my dehumidifier and leave the air conditioning off. Running 24/7 air conditioning costs me more than running all of my grow equipment and all of my general power use combined!

Kozmo

Veteran
?

?

Thanks for joining in on my adventure!

Most everyone in the veg space received a 30 hr ACT tonight, hopefully get them moving into flowering in 7-10 days. She can be slow to veg.

I did not realize the recommended light cycle is 18/6 (if not 20/4) for auto flowering plants, I am hesitating to germinate all 3 auto seeds as people say under 12/12 the yield will be low. Didn't really think a head on that one.

Other beans are going in wet paper towels now

What is a 30 hr ACT? Or how does that work? I know what airrated compost tea is just do t get the recieving 30 hr part...

stealthgrowing

Hey DZLHIT! :)
first of all, thanks a lot for all the work you've been putting in this thread, everything looks awesome, and its very informative!
Ive been growing with 250w cfl the last couple of years, and i was considering upgrading to hps 400w, but after reading this thread i'm convinced that LED is the way to go for me, especially since power consumption is quite a big concern for me.

Your nova t9 seems to deliver stable and good results so i'm going for the same panel.
Then i have three quick questions:
You said that you're working a tailored spectrum which is on the first page, did the manufacturer make it like that for you, or did you tweak it yourself?
How hot is the panel running, would you say that cooling is a must?
In an average run, how many ounces are you pulling), (assuming you're using only the nova t9 in such a grow), would 8-9oz be realistic in your opinion?
Thats about it from me for now, hope you'll find the time to answer all my questions :D

Big ups from Denmark :)

Latest posts

Latest posts