What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3x3 Closet Grow

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats great that the plants are doing better in their new homes
as their root system fills out the container they will just grow faster
there are a few tricks we can turn to later if space becomes a serious issue
often growing out less plants is more but you are doing a great job so far
hope you are having a great weekend doh'

DoloDankness

thats great that the plants are doing better in their new homes
as their root system fills out the container they will just grow faster
there are a few tricks we can turn to later if space becomes a serious issue
often growing out less plants is more but you are doing a great job so far
hope you are having a great weekend doh'

Yes I'm very happy that the autos didn't go through stress, the coco was probably more stressful for them though. Thanks pop_rocks, you too!

DoloDankness

The plants are looking really nice. Everything is nice and green. Chewy Runtz #2 has a serious skunk smell on the stem rub, and a few of the autos have a pineapple tone when you rub the stems, which I am real hype about. Just watered everything today. More pics will come next week, I just don't want to bombard the thread with pictures. I want you all to see the growth.

DoloDankness

So those pineapple tones turned into straight pineapple candy on the stems of the autos, the regs were stretching a little too much in between each node for my liking so I decided to drop the light a few inches and I don't think they seemed to mind at all. Everything is still luscious and green, think I might top the regs soon, let me know your opinions. They are working on the 4th node right now most of them, the one runt is probably on the second or third still.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
instead of topping, lets try lst and bend those suckers
topping will make the lower branches fill out more and we are concerned about your space getting too crowded already
by bending the branches, you will get good secondary growth but maintain an even canopy height
are the seeds regular seeds or are thy feminized?

DoloDankness

instead of topping, lets try lst and bend those suckers
topping will make the lower branches fill out more and we are concerned about your space getting too crowded already
by bending the branches, you will get good secondary growth but maintain an even canopy height
are the seeds regular seeds or are thy feminized?

I can definitely do that, the only issue is with that right now is they got a little too tall to try to bend them in the solo cup, should I still try? Two of the seeds I have are fems and two of them are regs.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what is in the solo cups? are they regular plants or the autos?
a solo cup is what? about 16oz ;they are going to get seriously root bound in such a small container very soon

DoloDankness

The regs are in the solo cups haha, the autos I put in like 1-1.5 gallon pots because I wanted to keep them a smaller size since the regs are taking off. I will for sure bend the autos that's a really smart idea, but yeah the regs are in the solo cups.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i get it now, thanks
how far along are your autos? about how many days did the breeder say they should take to finish up?
in this case maybe keep the lights consistent and top the regular plants, this will buy you a week or so as they recover from being topped but you might also want to start looking at a feeding schedule to keep them well fed
we want to get them into bigger pots before you flower them out but you have some control of that with your light timer
are they all feminized seeds?

DoloDankness

i get it now, thanks
how far along are your autos? about how many days did the breeder say they should take to finish up?
in this case maybe keep the lights consistent and top the regular plants, this will buy you a week or so as they recover from being topped but you might also want to start looking at a feeding schedule to keep them well fed
we want to get them into bigger pots before you flower them out but you have some control of that with your light timer
are they all feminized seeds?

The autos are on their third week from seed, and honestly he told me he found a random auto in some beans he was growing and it was a male so he made a cross, so it is completely possible that those things in my closet aren't even autos. He sent a bunch of seeds to me for free since it was his personal breeding project. I've seen the finished product in pictures and it looks decent, and he finished them with an 18/6 life cycle. But like I said before I do not mind if I have to end up tearing them up, I have plenty more seeds of them and I know the regs I have are way better genetics. I will top the regs tomorrow when the lights are back on. No so right now I have 2 feminized Lemon Up seeds growing, and 2 Chewy Runtz regular seeds. For feeding them I am just really concerned of burning, I can go organic and use fish fertilizer right now or I could go with the Remo liquid nutrient line. Ive done some reading on the line and it seems pretty simple to use, just add whatever the correct amount of nutrients to the week of veg you are on and the ph the water back down to a reasonable number. I think I might use it and just cut the amounts in half.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we arent worried about feeding them now, at least i wouldent think so
/awaiting your next set of pics
but if you were going to keep them in the 16oz cups you would definitely need to provide for them
dont use any fertz for now and lets get things sorted a bit
this is interesting, because the ones in the big pots arent really a known, but the ones in the small shitty containers are potential fire?!?

DoloDankness

I thought it was normal to start seeds out in a solo cup.. lmfao that's how I was always taught. But yes the ones in the bigger pots are at this point unknown and if they don't start flowering within the next two weeks I'm probably going to chop considering the regs are really taking off. I will post more pics tomorrow. I only have to water every other day right now with the amount that I am watering. Honest question, do you think I should just say fuck it with the autos right now and focus on the regs? But okay I won't feed for a while, I didnt think I was going to have to right away since HF has nutrients in it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah hf is good dirt
nothing wrong with starting seeds in a cup like that, i just would not want to leave the plant in that sized container for too long
/unless you are going for something like a sog style grow or maybe a bonsai pot plant
//that would be rad!
i reread some of your last posts and something occurred to me about the autos
you said (the guy)"... finished product in pictures and it looks decent, and he finished them with an 18/6 life cycle."
thats pretty much a long day cycle; i usually run my indoor lights on that same schedule in the veg tent
they could very well be good autos, but it looks like you have to make some hard choices here about plants and space available
i guess you could always split the difference and swap out one reg for one auto but lets hear what you think

DoloDankness

Honestly, if it came down to it I would take those autos out way before pulling the regular plants. I won't have a problem with it, I know that these regs are good genetics and I don't know shit about those autos, or like I said if they are even autos to begin with. I topped one of the plants today, I will have pictures up later of everything.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
then lets do this brother!
/topping might give the plant more stress but i dont think it would hurt too much if you are very careful
move the regular plants into the larger containers
if you dont mind the extra work you could keep the autos in the small cups but they would only yield a few grams at best
!or you could add that soil to the regular plants

DoloDankness

These two are the regular photogenic plants that I have. Chewy Runtz #1 and 2, I didnt top these yet because they weren't as tall. The only one I topped so far was the one Lemon Up. Pictured here:

Here is the other pheno, much smaller:

The Lemon Up are the feminized beans.