What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3x3 Closet Grow

DoloDankness

The new light came in today, it's a Maxsisun PB1000. It has a dimmable led driver so I will probably be dimming the light down for now. Any opinions on the height of the light? It says in the manual that came with the light it only has to be 16-20 inches away, am just afraid of burning the plants.

techattack

What medium are you using? They look like the plants i used to grow in my parents backyard, they seem or overwatered or like they are in a light medium..

DoloDankness

What medium are you using? They look like the plants i used to grow in my parents backyard, they seem or overwatered or like they are in a light medium..

The three plants in the bigger pots are in a much lighter medium. It's just straight coco and perlite. They may be overwatered im not entirely sure to be honest, I didnt water today at all so well see what they look like tomorrow. The plants in the cups I just watered today they needed it the cup was very light when I picked it up.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Everything looks good in the garden today except I believe the one autoflower needs to be fed. The leaves from a week or two ago are beginning to yellow and droop. Should I feed?

coco itself dosent really have any nutrients in it
if you are going to stick with it, you will feed to feed them yourself
i would recommend switching them all over to soil for now just to keep things as simple as possible
so whats with all the different sized pots? the plants look to be about the same sizes
it might be a good idea to repot them all into similar sized pots for now to keep everything uniform
while its a good idea to seal up the closet, im worried that this is going to also limit your air flow
if your ambient temps in the main room are in the mid 80s it will be tough to keep the temps inside the closet much cooler than that
lets hold off on the new light for now and get everything going happy first

DoloDankness

coco itself dosent really have any nutrients in it
if you are going to stick with it, you will feed to feed them yourself
i would recommend switching them all over to soil for now just to keep things as simple as possible
so whats with all the different sized pots? the plants look to be about the same sizes
it might be a good idea to repot them all into similar sized pots for now to keep everything uniform
while its a good idea to seal up the closet, im worried that this is going to also limit your air flow
if your ambient temps in the main room are in the mid 80s it will be tough to keep the temps inside the closet much cooler than that
lets hold off on the new light for now and get everything going happy first

I have a lineup of Remo nutrients I was going to use to feed these with. And honestly the reason for the different sized pots is because I didnt have quite enough medium for another three gallon. I will transplant them into the happy frog soil asap. You think I should put the old light back in though? Yea I agree that the air flow is going to be an issue. The temps outside really affect the temps of the room and closet. Thats why I had said about purchasing an air conditioner for this summer.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
an ac for the main room is a good start
plus we want to get some of that fresh cool air into the closet without breaking the seal so to speak and creating light leaks
i hear you on not having enough medium to fill all your buckets at the time but think it would be good idea to get them all re potted asap
ive never tried remo nutrients? does it have separate flower / bloom formulas
/can you tell us a little about them?

DoloDankness

an ac for the main room is a good start
plus we want to get some of that fresh cool air into the closet without breaking the seal so to speak and creating light leaks
i hear you on not having enough medium to fill all your buckets at the time but think it would be good idea to get them all re potted asap
ive never tried remo nutrients? does it have separate flower / bloom formulas
/can you tell us a little about them?

Yeah I'll take pictures of the whole lineup tomorrow when the lights are on. They have a veg and flower lineup though. And I will do the repotting into the new container tomorrow, but I wanna figure out with you first if you think its a good idea to do the coco thing or just do the soil for my first time? The ones I'm gonna have to repot would be the auto flowers and I've read up on those enough to know that transplant isn't good for them... Any suggestions on that?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i would repot them all in soil for this first run
i dont think it would hurt the plants too much to be repotted into a new medium at this point
just shake off the excess coco and try your best to preserve any rootball they might have
/it doest look like there will be that much root structure at this point but handle it with care

DoloDankness

i dont think it would hurt the plants too much to be repotted into a new medium at this point
just shake off the excess coco and try your best to preserve any rootball they might have
/it doest look like there will be that much root structure at this point but handle it with care

Okay sounds good, will do first thing in the morning. Thank you very much for the advice pop you have been the most helpful person on here so far, and as you can see my post count is getting there! Thanks again.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks,there are lots of great posters here and they are all willing to help
im just enjoying the ride man
keep up the good work

DoloDankness

I transplanted the autos all into the same size one and half gallon pots with the HF soil.

DoloDankness

Things are looking happier in the garden today, the autos are a little mad at me for moving their pots but we'll see what happens.

DoloDankness

The regs are in the solo cups with the Happy Frog soil as well, they got a little lanky on me at first which is why I have the posts in lol. They seem happy so I'm not too worried about it, I should be able to fix it when I transplant them.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Here are some pictures of the closet. These plants look way happier than the previous ones. The auto flowers are in the pots and the regs are in the solo cups. For the autos Im using coco and for the regs its Happy Frog soil. After the massacre earlier I am down to 2 Chewy Runtz and 2 Lemon Up Fems both by Kre8Genetics.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83124&pictureid=2034706&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83124&pictureid=2034705&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83124&pictureid=2034704&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83124&pictureid=2034702&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83124&pictureid=2034701&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Thanks for using our old Mars300 light.:tiphat: It is a good light for veg and bloom. But now we have stopped producing it. There are some new quantum board design light. better light intensity and less power consumption.

https://bit.ly/30DesD0

DoloDankness

Thanks for using our old Mars300 light.:tiphat: It is a good light for veg and bloom. But now we have stopped producing it. There are some new quantum board design light. better light intensity and less power consumption.

https://bit.ly/30DesD0

For sure man! I would love to get my hands on a sp250 just didn't have the funds at the moment. I will be using the 300W to keep my moms going and keep clones rooting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
things are looking good, the plants def like their new homes do'
i would stick with the light you have for now and just let the plants get settled a bit
give them a good watering to bed down the soil you might need to redress on top a bit
/ or you can cover with coco husk or hydroton
kick ass my man! the plants are looking great brothre

Last edited:

DoloDankness

things are looking good, the plants def like their new homes do'
i would stick with the light you have for now and just let the plants get settled a bit
give them a good watering to bed down the soil you might need to redress on top a bit
/ or you can cover with coco husk or hydroton
kick ass my man! the plants are looking great brothre

Thanks bro it's nice being able to walk into the closet now and see all the green and happy plants lol. Yes I will giving them a nice drink today.

DoloDankness

The plants all look good today, the autos are bouncing back from the transplant, and the regs are starting to seriously take off... I see why some of you guys were concerned about room in the closet. I think I should be alright now that the autos are all in the same size pot, I understand they're small but I still need to have room to veg the other plants. I did a stem rub just for shits and giggles and the Chewy Runtz #1 has a loud skunky smell, the others don't have much of one yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts