What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3600w nice dreams

R

RedRain

Just stumbled over here too.

Did you ever get pics of that ductless fujitsu mini split?
Thats what I want to see.

Set up is rocking. Like the thick dense foliage.

hey man, i didnt go with the ductless mini split because i was gifted 2 portable AC's. They are so shitty and leak smell out of the exhaust tube, so I am replacing them ASAP. They are almost brand new Frederich 18000 BTU portables, 2hose units.

I will be installing a York Affinity, which runs silently, with an air handler and ducting to cool my mom tent when it is needed. The Affinity is a full sized condenser unit and airhandler. The ductless split was too expensive and not what I really wanted.

Each portable AC draws 1600w, and used 13.1 amps when running, terribly inefficient.

I had to pluck a bunch of leaves, Each plant was topped and I have over 200 tops in my garden.

I inspected my moms for PM and other issues, and they got their weekly Einstein oil treatment.

Here are some more pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 8
R

RedRain

nice hydropimp, thats a big unit, do u have more than 1 inside unit with yours? is that a 2 stage unit? How many tons is that?

my moms are crazy!! huge and bushy, they keep getting bigger and bigger...i love the solarmax MH. Plants love the MH.

I cant wait to dump these power hungry portable units. I am just getting the tin work done for my intake and out for my airhandler.

stussy22

sounds like those portable are power hungry.

I am doing the calculations after running a sub panel to my garage. I forgot how much a portable 120v unit sucks on the amps.

What sheet metal work are you getting done for the unit?

R

RedRain

Hey Stussy,
I am placing the airhander outside of my tents. I will have the intake for the airhandler drawing air from both the flowering room and the veg tent. I will have a smaller duct on a 24v damper supplying air to the veg tent. The flower tent will have control of the AC through a 2 stage programmable Honeywell 6000 stat. The veg tent will also be using a honeywell 6000 stat, but will only have control over the damper to supply cooling. So I am getting 2 pieces of tin made. One for intake and the airhandler will be sitting on it, and a piece for the top to supply cooling to both tents. I will then use insulated soft ducting to complete the runs.

the portables are very power hungry. I am glad I didnt go with the ductless split. You can get the affinitys in 2 different camo colors or in an arrary of custom colors. Its silent to start with and after I add some rockwool insulation around the compressor its whisper quiet.

stussy22

RedRain this sounds very cool. Can't wait to see the detail with the 24v actuator. I almost enjoy building and designing my set ups almost as much as I enjoy putting them to use.

BAH honeywell 6000 I'm not a fan of honeywell myself. I prefer venstar 2800 myself :yes:

I haven't heard the York affinity mini splits. But I would imagine they are similar to the Fujitsu that I'm familiar with. Some times I have a hard time hearing if the compressor is even running. You can almost sleep next to the condenser its so quite.

Take some pictures of the sheet metal when you get it in. Always like seeing everything go together.

R

RedRain

hey stussy,

the york affinity is not a ductless split or a mini split, its a full sized condensing unit with a full air handler.

I dont mind honeywell, if its good enough for the US army and dept. of defense, its good for my shows :) All my stats and dampers, fans and dehums are from Honeywell, never had an issue with em at all.

The York Affinity is silent, even the fan is designed to cut through the air quietly.

I'll keep u guys in the loop.

My bubbas are filling in so nice!!!

hey man, i didnt go with the ductless mini split because i was gifted 2 portable AC's. They are so shitty and leak smell out of the exhaust tube, so I am replacing them ASAP. They are almost brand new Frederich 18000 BTU portables, 2hose units....

hey RedRain.....i have that same A/C...the 9000btu model...and i totally agree, it suck balls!!....

im gonna try to seal the the back of the unit since theres a grille there...have u tried this?? im pretty sure thats whats causing the leak...hopefully some foil tape will do the trick......if not...this shit is going on craigslist...600 bucks for a leaky a/c is no bueno..

im gonna get a window unit and exhaust it to another room...im pretty sure if there are any leaks with a window unit it will be minimal...wish i could do a mini split but i have no more space on my panel...

R

RedRain

hey RedRain.....i have that same A/C...the 9000btu model...and i totally agree, it suck balls!!....

im gonna try to seal the the back of the unit since theres a grille there...have u tried this?? im pretty sure thats whats causing the leak...hopefully some foil tape will do the trick......if not...this shit is going on craigslist...600 bucks for a leaky a/c is no bueno..

im gonna get a window unit and exhaust it to another room...im pretty sure if there are any leaks with a window unit it will be minimal...wish i could do a mini split but i have no more space on my panel...

yep the backs of mine are sealed good and well!!!! Its a shitty design, and they dont have the paths sealed or good airflow around the condensor and evap. You get what you get when you cram all that shit into a little portable unit!! I hate the fact that it leaks a smell. Any portable AC will leak some smell, if you are venting the hot air outside. I was gonna scrub and exhaust the air, but they are so inefficient and power hungry, I am getting something to blow them out of the water!

I am getting a full sized condenser and indoor unit. Screw mini splits!! Overpriced and stupid expensive to fix. Wait until you see what I put out. With the space I am saving on my 2 20 amp breakers on 120 I can easily put my 1.5 ton condensor and toss the airhandler anywhere!!

Thanks for the kind words!!

damn man....that sucks to hear....i thought i hit the jackpot when i found this A/C..so u can imagine my disappointment...lol...i'll be looking out to see what u do...i'll probably be following your cooling footsteps!!

thanx for the Reply!!!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
awesome grow, plants look so healthy and green, great job...i'll be watching closely this special garden, happy 2011 buddy!!

Hydropimp

Veteran
Nice work red

That is one big unit huh.

It just has one indoor unit think it is 2.5 or 3 ton.

But didn't work right for some reason I connected it myself then need a hvac guy come out.

I will go with water net time.

I want to use electric dampers myself with a climate master water unit connected to a well. to colo two flower rooms on a flip flop maybe 10-1k in each. to grow trees.

R

RedRain

new pics

Attachments

• Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7
  • day 83(48 flo).3e
    day 83(48 flo).3e
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • day 83(48 flo).FIM1
    day 83(48 flo).FIM1
    114.6 KB · Views: 18
R

RedRain

veg tent

Attachments

• Image00012.jpg
    Image00012.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00011.jpg
    Image00011.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00010.jpg
    Image00010.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00009.jpg
    Image00009.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 6
R

RedRain

more new pics

just started feeding shooting powder, lets see what they can do.

one pic is with a weird flash, it looked cool, shows a bunch of the cake!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg