What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

303 -papua new guinea gold

geneva_sativa

the Haitian isolation was easy as it dominated my nanan bouclous.

the png dom or cape tribulation sativa was very hard to isolate due to herms. now I got some non hermi parents that produced the cts/png type beans.

haven't been back to check on my lone cts/png clone to see how she'd doing yet.

Salutations, Idiit

I am curious how that CTS smells like ?

had some federation mystery seeds from an order from HD a number of years back and always thought it could be this

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
Papua New Guinea gold

Papua New Guinea gold

In the background is some png gold. Didnt start to sex until 1st week of October. Grown in northern spain

Attachments

• IMG-20161006-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161006-WA0000.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 41

geneva_sativa

You really have the gold, Need4Weed !

Hoping for good weather and conditions for those to make a nice harvest for you

Would guess January

idiit

Veteran
harvested a png aka cape tribulation sativa dom out of nanan bouclou. took me quite a while to find a non hermie png/cts dom pheno. made seeds off of a very nice nld male. outdoor grown. came in very early October.

picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
Thought I'd post a quick update on these beauties for those who are intetested. Almost 1 month into flowering now. We got 1 male that has been isolated and will pollinate a branch on each plant to preserve the line

Attachments

• IMG-20161028-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20161028-WA0003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20161028-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20161028-WA0002.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20161028-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20161028-WA0001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20161028-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161028-WA0000.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 35

idiit

Veteran
Idiit
I am curious how that CTS smells like ?
I haven't had the opportunity to smoke a cts/png without Haitian influence yet. the Haitian has typical sativa terps to me. southern at sss said it reminded him (Haitian) of carribean weed. I could go with that but i'm not real familiar with carribean weed except jlb. the cts/png with Haitian influence is exotic, rich, especially the burnt smell. closest thing that comes to mind is good santa marta Colombo.

this batch I recently posted a bud pic of has a very energetic high similar to Haitian. my first outdoor run of some 50/50 Haitian/png aka cts nanan bouclou had more body to the high.i'm thinking this last batch looked png/cts but smoked more like Haitian and came in early like Haitian.

geneva_sativa

That herb looks excellent Idiit, bet that smells divine !!!

This and your AWW work have got me inspired, glad you had other baskets this year and didn't let the one patch phase you.

idiit

Veteran
I didn't get much harvest off the cts/png bud I posted earlier. she was planted last and in an area I could not water last year. the smoke is very good. the high effects are closest to Malawi from my experience. the terps are closest to dark roasted primo Colombo cannabis if that makes any sense. me thinks there was some Haitian influence in that plant. letting the rest cure up before smoking any more.

here's my current favorite seedling out of my png/cts (cape tribulation sativa) from nanan bouclou in line breeding project to isolate southern's png/cts genetics out of nanan bouclou.

picture.php

i'm liking the middle blade straight edge look. the undersides of the first true single leaf above the embryonic leaves are red.

southern says go for the red.

a very well respected ic monger met southern of southern star seeds at an Australian cannabis show and according to him all southern wanted to talk about was his appreciation of his png red line. southern got these seeds from an Australian aborigine 25 years ago who claimed it was png.

the two parents of the current ilb cts/png project were nld, showed red on the undersides of the first true leaf and most important to me no intersex ( hermie) exhibited. I suspect this line is still going to be hermie prone so I won't know until the end of flower if I've managed to breed most intersex attributes out of this png/cts inb project.

lots of fun.

is it png? I don't know. you don't know. southern doesn't know. the aborigine doesn't know unless he sourced it in png and then he knows he probably does have a real deal png line.

it's special. I do know that and so does southern at sss.

geneva_sativa

oh,man !!!

I love this kind of history behind a line

sounds to be something really unique and special . . .

keep the magic alive !

idiit

Veteran
^ we all support kaiki and dubi and the excellent professional work put into the lines they release. I get a little tired of the "fan boy" mentality sometimes exhibited at ic. the cbg and ace lines are excellent. dubi and kaiki are great ppl. even though they have had some differences in the past (like who doesn't?) and are two separate companies I still kinda think of them together yet separate. they have excellent strains. they are not the only source of some very interesting, but often unworked landrace sativa genetics.

I studied dubi's older posts several times. he's my mentor ( his posts). I make sure ppl know that I got a lot of my understanding of landrace sativas by dubi's great posts of yore. :)

the Haitian in nanan bouclou is the best "work/travel" weed I've smoked. I watched one girl smoke Haitian dom nb and I couldn't tell she was high. it's a great strain to smoke while trying to get stuff done. I wouldn't say Haitian from nb is the best sativa. it's the best working man's high I've personally smoked.

the cts/png side of nanan bouclou is very different in appearance and smoke. the Haitian was very dom in my nanan bouclou and to make the png/cts ilb project even more difficult the cts/png phenos were very prone to hermies. I do multiple strain commercial outdoor guerilla grows and I have to stay out of my gardens for security reasons. I can't have rabid he/shes pollinating my bud product.

I don't know if the cts/png line will make it in my best of the best landrace sativa top tier yet. it is showing lots of promise atm. my recently acquired 315 lec ( light emitting ceramic) aka cmh light is kicking ass indoors and looks atm like it will make indoor appraisals much easier than the antique 400 w hps I was using. I can also run more plants under the 315 than the old 400 hps would allow.

again, this is what I do for fun and $income. I am no authority. I try to post sincerely from personal experience and copy and paste relevant articles that I think might be useful.

idiit

Veteran
thanks guys. it's all about a passionate love that we share in common. if I get the png/cts isolated i'll make it available as long as no one tries to make money off it pure. it's southern's strain afaic. if he chooses to release it pure without interesx traits I won't need to release it.

the Haitian component is also exceptional imo. it should be available also.

nanan bouclou has not gotten her due respect imo. atm my perspective is that these two separate strains ( Haitian, png/cts) should be available puro (isolated via ilb work might be a better descriptor) and the hybrid nanan bouclou is a second tier release.

puro landraces should not be hoarded is the mantra. making money off someone else's strains (puro) is not cool and causes a lot of rare genetics hoarding.

it looks to me that the lec 315 mch lamps are major game changers and will allow anyone to grow exotic landraces indoors anywhere in the world. i'll post results from my personal experiences.

Lesnah

For those who were curious about some of the smells and aromas on the Nanan Boulou here is a quick description i wrote in another thread....

"Thanks psilo...

From the few seeds I managed to grow to frution....I've gotten mostly Cape Tribulation Phenos which all smell of rich Guava with a musky perfumed undersone. a very pleasant aroma which seems to alleviate stress simply inhaling the smell without having to smoke it.

Once you start breaking the bud apart to smoke....the smell intensifies and a more lemony aroma exudes. The exhale has a "metallic incense" aroma which is similar to the Piff us dominicans in NYC grew up with but not exactly the same...the Uptown Haze has the metallic flavor mixed with frankinsense.

The high kicks in within a few minutes....gets you talking if you are in company. If alone, you will feel motivated to get something done. You can feel a slight pressure in your head(in a good way)....which comes in waves. I would say for me and the few ppl that have tried it in my circle....it lasts about half an hour. But the more you smoke the longer it lasts, there is no tolerance build up so far.

The Cape Trib Pheno.....always grows with a slimmer meristem than the Haitian. Also has reddish hues on the lateral branches and sometimes on the main stem as well. The Male Cape Trib I collected pollen from had bright yellow pollen sacs with tints of red here and there....also smelled of perfumey guava when stem was rubbed.

The Haitian(of which I've only had a female), grew thicker green meristem with thicker overlapping fingers on the leaves. The Cape Trib has skinnier fingers with more space in between. The Haitian's bud structure is more "commercial" than the Cape Trib . but looks very similar. They both have a golden/orangey finish to the cure which almost drowns out the green buds. I'm referring to the amount of pistils which envelope the bud. Both phenos throw out a lot of pistils which remain after harvest giving the bud a more airy sativa-ish look which is great for bag appeal in my opinion.

The Haitian pheno smells like bubblegum while growing and stem rubbing. But after drying and curing...the smell cures to a dried lavender/floral smell. It smells of straight lavender with a subtle potpourri undertone. Once you break up the bud a strong White Sage smell exudes. The exhale smells just like sage as well. I even went and smelled white sage at my job to see if I was exaggerating, turned out to be the same exact smell. The Haitian pheno's high was also energetic but less focused than the Cape Tribulation....its more scattered and thought provoking like adderall mixed with liquor if that makes sense.

Hopefully that helps, I'm typing with blurry vision due to a corneal ulcer so probably plenty of grammatical error in this reply sorry. I'll be posting more pics of the latests stuff I have growing which is 2 haitian dominant and 1 Cape Trib dominant Nanan Bouclou. So far, I have only confirmed one to be a male, its Haitian (score! because I wanted some Haitian Pollen).

I'll be back with pics in the next few days, cheers"

Latest posts

Latest posts