What's new

3000W SCROG inspired by the "Doc"

Bugs suck man! I hope things get cleaned out, your grow should be freaking huge. Just don't get discouraged, you've done awesome work thus far and life threw you a curveball. I'm sure you'll rock it out next time around. The shitty thing is, it put a big hole in your schedule. But that's OK, it'll work out!

Sorry to hear bout bugs. But you should start small and work your way up im just saying, ease it in you know.

anyway hang in there tight, best of luck to you

medicalmj

Veteran
Hey LED are you sure you have BMs, or that you still have eggs. I see the types of things you attribute to perhaps being eggs under my 40x dissecting stereoscope and I don't have BMs. I just assumed they’re some type of excretion or gland since plants are healthy and no bugs ever hatch.

I see a lot of self inflicted wounds along with perhaps bug damage. I ruined a crop once because I thought harmless soil mites were RAs. Still see em, but crops better than ever. And IMHO chop sooner than later. Time is more valuable than the extra couple grams per plant you might get. And be resolved to only expect and accept that you're only going to get an ounce or so per.

And to really set ur mind at ease, bomb the whole place, twice or more every 3-5 days. And THEN go get new material, or better yet pop some beans.

If you get live material, quarantine in a different locale, or at least keep in separate area, for a week or 2 weeks to ensure clean. And dunk the whole plant into whatever you decide on for proactive pesticide. I would highly recommend you stick with neem oil or soaps and NOT use the "good" stuff unless you know you have bugs.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey LED are you sure you have BMs, or that you still have eggs. I see the types of things you attribute to perhaps being eggs under my 40x dissecting stereoscope and I don't have BMs. I just assumed they’re some type of excretion or gland since plants are healthy and no bugs ever hatch.

I see a lot of self inflicted wounds along with perhaps bug damage. I ruined a crop once because I thought harmless soil mites were RAs. Still see em, but crops better than ever. And IMHO chop sooner than later. Time is more valuable than the extra couple grams per plant you might get. And be resolved to only expect and accept that you're only going to get an ounce or so per.

And to really set ur mind at ease, bomb the whole place, twice or more every 3-5 days. And THEN go get new material, or better yet pop some beans.

If you get live material, quarantine in a different locale, or at least keep in separate area, for a week or 2 weeks to ensure clean. And dunk the whole plant into whatever you decide on for proactive pesticide. I would highly recommend you stick with neem oil or soaps and NOT use the "good" stuff unless you know you have bugs.

Don't know if i still have them or not but I will never treat that room like they are not there from here on out!!! Even if its 6 months down the road and i havent had any issues I will still treat rooms to a heat treatment at the end of each run plus treat vegging plants to a course of mitecides as well as two products from Aptus one called Bio Shark Soil Attack wich is all natural and apparently will kill thrips and gnats and it only needs to b used once every 3 weeks as a preventative. Plus I will foliage spray with there Bio Shark Dislike every 7-10 days. Again it's all natural and supposedly this stuff will keep all bugs from even wanting to come near your plants!!! So between everything I'm hoping for a victory next round!!!!

If I lose another battle at least no one can say I didn't try my best!!!!!

DrFever

Veteran

That's pretty much what i told LED

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey guys have some pics and some questions for you....

So just went to look at the girls and its mostly on just a couple of the girls but they are sprouting white hairs up the middle of the bud. Is this normal?

Then there is this branch that looks to be dieing. This is the third one. I've chopped the other 2 off over the last week or so. Gunna chop this one off tomorrow. What would cause this? Have you seen this happen before?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Then there is my PPP seeds, they are doing really well, man I sure hope Broad Mites don't find there way over to these babies!!!!

Here is a pic of them 8 days ago

And here is today

Do you think they are ready to be transplanted into 4" pots? I would also like to give them a dip in some Avid during transplant just in case there are any BM's on them. Whatcha think?

FInally checked off something thats been on my "to do" list for 3 months!!! Built my 3 drying racks. I'm thinking for this round I'll be lucky to fill half of one rack but figured get all 3 done and then they are ready for next round. They are 36" x 8ft.

W

willyweed

looking forward to seeing that rack full to overflowing,perhaps next time !

DrFever

Veteran
Hey LED white hairs are a good thing there doing there thing not sure what would be causing stems to die off unless you bent branch over or ripped it off stalk
as for ppp seedlings you see roots forming under the 1" trays ???? if so then yea let soil dry out and transplant up and hit them with 350 -400 ppm of food during transplant
i would NOT use avid on them yet i believe you had them seeds in a dome pretty sure there not infected transplant up don;t touch them other wise till there stronger i hope you got them out of that room and placed somewhere else under flourescents
if not get the hell on it pretty sure you can find a area in home where you can place them till your grow room is done and treated

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey guys. So this round is approaching the end finally!!!! Going to start trimming on Thursday. That will be day 63. Girls won't be officially finished as trichs are still clear but I'm finished if you know what I mean!!!! Gotta get this round finished up and into better things hopefully!!!!

Going to revamp my room a bit. Adding the 18,000 BTU window a/c unit I have that way I can run co2 properly Only has about 30 hours run time on it tops. Plus going to build my rolling tables with inter grated adjustable scrog table.

Hoping to be finished trimming by Saturday. Then start the decontamination process!!!! Heat treatment of room, wipe down and clean up with bleach and then fogging with pylon mitecide. Then start construction on my new stuff. Once all done bring in new clones which will get treated with avid and forbid before entering my veg room!!!!!!!

Also transplanted my ppp seeds into 4" pots the other day. Majority of them looked like they were going to die. Well after 30 hours of straight light it loos like most or all are going to make it. Still not 100% sure if they don't have BM's or not but I guess the next week or two will reveal all. I won't bring them back into my garage without treating them with avid. That will give them a good two weeks to get rooted well before I treat them.

Any how that's the latest update. Will get pics of ppp girls as well as trim shots later this week. Hoping to be up and running again by April 1st. We shall see!?!?!

W

willyweed

still not convinced it was all down to bug damage? but looking on the bright side you get to do it all over again.will you do a new diary or will you just keep this one going? try a dwc pot think you would be surprised with the results !

LEDNewbie

Veteran
still not convinced it was all down to bug damage? but looking on the bright side you get to do it all over again.will you do a new diary or will you just keep this one going? try a dwc pot think you would be surprised with the results !

The death to my veg plants was 100% mite damage. Small buds in flower I would say is 60% from the mites and 40% from the heavy defoliation they got trying to get rid of the mites.

I will most likely start a new journal as I would like to forget about this grow all together!!!!! :laughing:

Hah. I know what you mean LED, I know what you mean...

Question: How are you going to install the AC? Through the wall to outside? I'm so jealous it is that simple for you lol. I have to box mine up and fit it in..

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hah. I know what you mean LED, I know what you mean...

Question: How are you going to install the AC? Through the wall to outside? I'm so jealous it is that simple for you lol. I have to box mine up and fit it in..

A/c unit will be on my inside wall. I'll have a catch pan with a condensate pump catching the moisture from the unit and pumping it to the drain. I'll take pics once its installed.

B

BasementGrower

SO turns out I have no problems cloning or popping seeds, now I just need to keep my plants bug free!!!!!

I got 10 PPP seeds a month or so ago. Decided last week to "pop" them. All 10 popped and are sprouting, some stretching more than others. Guess I'll ask the Doc when he figures it will be time to transplant into 4' pots?? Hopefully I can get my bug situation sorted out so I don't introduce my beautiful PPP girls to bugs!!!:wallbash:

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=41174&pictureid=1025180&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

if u wana really get rid of those buds. u cannot be poppin more seed n cloning more plants withotu taking care of the problem.. first.. lol bugs are a bitch..

it also looks like too much defoiliation can stunt them too.. so id say go until there gettin amber. no reason to toss them .. make some hash or oil

LEDNewbie

Veteran
been busy working plus getting ready for trim, plus getting equipment and supplies for next round. Girls had there last lights on period last night. They will get 24 hours of darkness and tomorrow morning I commence trimming :woohoo: I can get a full day trimming in tomorrow, plus I have 6 hours available Friday and 6 hours Saturday. Hoping to be done no later than Saturday but would prefer to be done by Friday...

I also can't believe it looks like all 10 of my seedling are bouncing back from transplant!! There were at least 3-4 of them that had completely drooped over to the point of touching soil with leaves looking all folded over and wilted!! Looked today and they are all standing up, incredible!! I'll grab some pics of them later today.

Will get full harvest pics up once completed. But for now here is a few pics of the sample branch I trimmed up an hour ago. While trimming a nice strong menthol/minty/flowery smell filled my nose. Quite nice actually :biggrin:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So tonight was mist seedlings night. So got my humidity / temp gauge so I could see just what was going on inside the "BOX":laughing: If I find humidity is way too low inside the box I will place a few cups of water in there to try and bring humidity up a bit. May just do that anywase as the more humidity the better in veg...

as you can see from pics they went through hell during transplant and I wasn't even sure if most of them would make it!! But they all have stood up. Been 3 days since transplant, once pots feel a little lighter I will give them a feed of light nutes or if I have the time I will brew a OG Biowar tea and give them a feed with that and really get some good healthy roots going!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So today I started trimming!!!! Fuck me!!!! I gotta think trimming all these little buds is way harder/longer than trimming fewer big buds!!!

First plant took me 4 1/2 hours!!!!!!!!! I got just over 8 ounces wet from that plant. After finishing that plant I decided to speed things up by not trimming as much of the smaller stuff. Did 3 more plants after, each took around 2 1/2 hours. Those plants averaged around 6.75 ounces each. I gotta say as small as these buds are they are freakin rock hard. Even when I drop a bud the size of marble into my bucket it makes a "thud" sound. I'd say of the last 3 plants I trimmed. 80% of the branches I removed I only kept the Top nug. The rest went in the garbage!! So if i get 1.5-2 ounces dry from each plant I'd say not bad considering I threw out over 80% of every bud site into the garbage. :laughing: had I not had issues I'm thinking this would have been a half decent harvest. Oh well, I'm hoping to be done trimming by Sunday. Let it dry/cure and then I can finally move on and get things going for the next round! Can't wait :tiphat: will update with final weights and pics in the days to come. Thanks everyone. :thank you:

W

willyweed

dont throw the small bit in the trash,put them in a different bucket let them dry and use them for cooking!butter! or bubble hash.total waste otherwise

Latest posts

Latest posts