What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 pounds per 1000 watt... organic?

zenoonez

Veteran
Scrog that bitch out. If you have 99 plant limit and unlimited space and lights, go with 600s and scrog them out into metal trellising. When they get wide enough and have enough growth tips flip em and watch them stretch above the trellis. Should get you some poundage. You were asking about the cost of labor to scrog them right... what were the other people going to be doing at the grow all day? I mean it only takes so long to mix nutes and water. You guys going to parcel it out into rooms and run a staggered harvest? 1 more question, is the state setting the guidelines for organics seeing as there is no overall designation for organic bud?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Plants are stuck at 99. Lights are unlimited.

The tweaking that I am referring to is physical labor, ie low stress training. This is hourly work, and will add expense to each cycle.

What I am trying to figure out is if the added hours of labor will outweigh the added yield, from increased LST techniques.

And if the LST techniques will slow down the overall life cycle, will that extra couple days of growth outweigh the added yield?

Hmm that's a tough call then. I guess if cost of operation isn't a major concern going with more lights would certainly be the easier route. For many money is such a big issue they would gladly take on more labor in training their plants rather then buying more equipment and running higher electric bills. For some growing is such a labor of love that the extra work you describe wouldn't seem like work to them.

BTW I did catch the limit so when I said more plants I meant per light which in turn would yield less lights needed because of the overall limit. I'd say at 2.5lbs though you're probably not going to get much more yield by trying to squeeze more plants in.

I would say that if you don't mind a little more work then go with the LST or ScrOG. If labor would be a major problem then just go with adding lights until you see bleaching like someone said. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the labor issue though unless you plan on hiring people to do the labor for you. If it's to be a one man operation though it's just part of your job. Prices in the legal market as well as the black market provide pretty fair compensation for someone who gets to mess around with growing pot for a living.

Scrog that bitch out. If you have 99 plant limit and unlimited space and lights, go with 600s and scrog them out into metal trellising. When they get wide enough and have enough growth tips flip em and watch them stretch above the trellis. Should get you some poundage. You were asking about the cost of labor to scrog them right... what were the other people going to be doing at the grow all day? I mean it only takes so long to mix nutes and water. You guys going to parcel it out into rooms and run a staggered harvest? 1 more question, is the state setting the guidelines for organics seeing as there is no overall designation for organic bud?

The regulations are vague. One is "must be organic"... which means nothing really for indoor marijuana. With that said, we are using OMRI or USDA certified organic products.

The bossman is not a worker, has no interest, and plans on hiring a team to run the show. To make matters more interesting, I'm pretty sure they can't use less expensive migrant workers with the level of scrutiny they are under. So no cheap labor.

I want to thank you all for the assistance. If this is approved I'll post the job applications on ICmag. Who wants to work at the first medical marijuana grow in NJ? :)

Hmm that's a tough call then. I guess if cost of operation isn't a major concern going with more lights would certainly be the easier route. For many money is such a big issue they would gladly take on more labor in training their plants rather then buying more equipment and running higher electric bills. For some growing is such a labor of love that the extra work you describe wouldn't seem like work to them.

BTW I did catch the limit so when I said more plants I meant per light which in turn would yield less lights needed because of the overall limit. I'd say at 2.5lbs though you're probably not going to get much more yield by trying to squeeze more plants in.

I would say that if you don't mind a little more work then go with the LST or ScrOG. If labor would be a major problem then just go with adding lights until you see bleaching like someone said. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the labor issue though unless you plan on hiring people to do the labor for you. If it's to be a one man operation though it's just part of your job. Prices in the legal market as well as the black market provide pretty fair compensation for someone who gets to mess around with growing pot for a living.

Yes, all labor will be hired. Right now we are thinking at least 5 people to run this. One full-time and 4 helpers. When it comes to trim time... that'll be a shit ton more labor.

The issue is not fair compensation. This is a business. The investors demand a certain pay back ect. If only this were about making medicine via a non-profit...

As medical marijuana expands, the business interests will take over, and what is "fair" goes out the window. If the state had not demanded organic medical marijuana, I believe this would be a giant synthetic hydro operation.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Yes, all labor will be hired. Right now we are thinking at least 5 people to run this. One full-time and 4 helpers. When it comes to trim time... that'll be a shit ton more labor.

The issue is not fair compensation. This is a business. The investors demand a certain pay back ect. If only this were about making medicine via a non-profit...

As medical marijuana expands, the business interests will take over, and what is "fair" goes out the window. If the state had not demanded organic medical marijuana, I believe this would be a giant synthetic hydro operation.

Organic is a state requirement in NJ >? That's a peculiar requirement, any reason for this ?

I think you should post the MMJ laws, maybe start a new thread brotha.

If I may, aren't the first group of dispensaries usually raided/shutdown until a precedent is established as was the case in many other MMJ states ? Or am I mistaken ?

I'll move to NJ to work there ! hahaha

whodair

Veteran
how it works in jersey

how it works in jersey

picture.php

turbolaser4528

Veteran
^ LOL, too bad no one on that show has the intelligence to grow a plant, let alone run a MMJ clinic.

Organic only huh ? Interesting.

We'll its about time NJ starting producing, they've been putting it off for a while now.

Hopefully the rest of the northeast gets their shit together and starts to legalize and decriminalize MMJ.

Fallin like dominoes kid !

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The regulations are vague. One is "must be organic"... which means nothing really for indoor marijuana. With that said, we are using OMRI or USDA certified organic products.

Thomkal Vwalaa

If you were to take the time to review OMRI's own "Mission Statement" you'd realize that OMRI can't CERTIFY anything. They have absolutely no regulatory authority. OMRI is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and nothing more.

If you were to do some further research and look at OMRI's staff you'd also realize that this much ado about nothing. The lack of post-graduate academics (or even graduate level) is striking and should give you pause.

OMRI is a joke in that it's simply a way for this 'non-profit' group to hold companies hostage by forcing them to pay a percentage of their gross revenues for this worthless sticker on their packaging in order to appeal to the consumer market.

HTH

CC

Thomkal Vwalaa

If you were to take the time to review OMRI's own "Mission Statement" you'd realize that OMRI can't CERTIFY anything. They have absolutely no regulatory authority. OMRI is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and nothing more.

If you were to do some further research and look at OMRI's staff you'd also realize that this much ado about nothing. The lack of post-graduate academics (or even graduate level) is striking and should give you pause.

OMRI is a joke in that it's simply a way for this 'non-profit' group to hold companies hostage by forcing them to pay a percentage of their gross revenues for this worthless sticker on their packaging in order to appeal to the consumer market.

HTH

CC

Agreed. If everyone in the world was as well informed as yourself I would not have to jump through all these hoops. But the hoops are there, and I did not set them. To get where I need to go I must jump through. We've been over the lacking of OMRI, but I still find their reports useful. Agree?

Also, there are some great OMRI certified products ie Ful-power from Bio-ag.

You should not be surprised to see some of the individual state MMj systems being fooled by OMRI.

OMG CC, let's not argue over the difference between CERTIFIED and LISTED, you know what I mean, and the common (mis)perception is that OMRI is a certification. Work with the regulations or not try at all... I choose to try. They aren't paying me to re-educate the state.

Did you know they also limited THC to 10%? WTF is that about?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Also, there are some great OMRI certified products ie Ful-power from Bio-ag.

Both the founder of BioAg, Dr. Robert 'Bob' Faust and his assistant, Dr. Ryan Zadow are well known in the organic farming community here and around the world. Literally.

I drink their fulvic acid product for human and animals, Wu Jin San and I give it to my dogs for their general health as well.

I use their Ful-Power as a foliar application (as per the suggestion by both Dr. Faust and Dr. Zadow) 1x per week. I apply their BioAg TM-7 to the soil 1x per week again at their suggestion. TM-7 is their non-leonardite humic & fulvic acid with 7 chelated elements.

Healthiest plants I've ever grown. Their BioAg VAM & Activator is also worthy of consideration in that unlike the overwhelming majority of mycorrhizal products this one does not contain ecto strains and does not contain trichoderma strains either.

Good products at a fair price. Certainly better than all of the black sand 'humic acid' products filling the aisles at the local indoor garden center.

CC

Both the founder of BioAg, Dr. Robert 'Bob' Faust and his assistant, Dr. Ryan Zadow are well known in the organic farming community here and around the world. Literally.

I drink their fulvic acid product for human and animals, Wu Jin San and I give it to my dogs for their general health as well.

I use their Ful-Power as a foliar application (as per the suggestion by both Dr. Faust and Dr. Zadow) 1x per week. I apply their BioAg TM-7 to the soil 1x per week again at their suggestion. TM-7 is their non-leonardite humic & fulvic acid with 7 chelated elements.

Healthiest plants I've ever grown. Their BioAg VAM & Activator is also worthy of consideration in that unlike the overwhelming majority of mycorrhizal products this one does not contain ecto strains and does not contain trichoderma strains either.

Good products at a fair price. Certainly better than all of the black sand 'humic acid' products filling the aisles at the local indoor garden center.

CC

Thanks for that great info.
I'm doing videos of me drinking my fertigation solution. lol, for the chem heads.
I call it the "nute challenge".

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Thanks for that great info.
I'm doing videos of me drinking my fertigation solution. lol, for the chem heads. I call it the "nute challenge".
Try this one.....

Take 1 cup of organic barley seeds (your local homebrew store will have what you need and chump-change prices) and put it into a gallon jug and cover the seeds with water and let it sit for 24 hours or so and drain the water off - you're going to sprout these seeds because of the astronomical enzyme levels in barley seeds in general but in particular when any seed sprouts the levels of enzymes produced/present are off the chart.

Once the seeds are sprouted and you've let them grow out a couple of inches, fill the jug 3/4 full of clean water and add 6 oz. of brown rice syrup or another appropriate carbohydrate. Like palm sugar, etc. To this add 6 oz. of EM-1 (whatever flavor you opt for), 2 tablespoons of kelp meal, 2 tsp. of organic sea salt (no idodine).

Let this ferment down to < 3.2 pH - apply at 1/4 cup to 1 gallon of water to the soil and as a foliar application as well.

Heh................

CC

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
nearly anything quality (minus the CBD heavy type strains) will be over 10% THC if grown properly. I can't imagine you wanting to grow 3 lbs of rope per light indoors.......

Try this one.....

Take 1 cup of organic barley seeds (your local homebrew store will have what you need and chump-change prices) and put it into a gallon jug and cover with water - you're going to sprout these seeds because of the astronomical enzyme in barley seeds in general but in particular when any seed sprouts the levels of enzymes produced/present are off the chart.

Once the seeds are sprouted and you've let them grow out a couple of inches, fill the jug 3/4 full of clean water and add 6 oz. of brown rice syrup or another appropriate carbohydrate. Like palm sugar, etc. To this add 6 oz. of EM-1 (whatever flavor you opt for), 2 tablespoons of kelp meal, 2 tsp. of organic sea salt (no idodine).

Let this ferment down to < 3.2 pH - apply at 1/4 cup to 1 gallon of water to the soil and as a foliar application as well.

Heh................

CC

my stomach hurts just thinking about it. 1/4 cup in 1 gallon... my tap water is about pH 9.0 so it may not burn me too bad. Still, sounds like some wicked gas. I'll just stick to kombucha. I meant molasses and kelp, a little cellulase, i usually don't drink the -zymes. Good thing I went to school (at Whatsamatta U) or I might have tried that.

nearly anything quality (minus the CBD heavy type strains) will be over 10% THC if grown properly. I can't imagine you wanting to grow 3 lbs of rope per light indoors.......

I officially strongly disagree with this regulation. But also tracked down over 20 varieties, via Steep Hill Labs library, with <10% THC. At the dispensary we call Pineapple Thai a strong sativa, but it has lower THC, and I personally get super high from it.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Read the ingredient list on grow store gunk like Liquid Karma or Earth Juice - barley extracts, alfalfa extracts, aloe vera juice, yucca extract, etc.

Let' see now - barley seed is $11.00 for 60 lbs. Hmmmmmm.......

Earlier this morning I bought a bag of organic alfalfa meal from Eastern Oregon for $10.80 for 50 lbs.

Aloe vera juice or 200x powder runs about $.20 per gallon of the recommend amount. Yucca extract and in particular the dried yucca root powder costs about $.30 per gallon for the suggested application rate.

It's all in how you want to get to the center of the wheel I suppose.

CC

Read the ingredient list on grow store gunk like Liquid Karma or Earth Juice - barley extracts, alfalfa extracts, aloe vera juice, yucca extract, etc.

Let' see now - barley seed is $11.00 for 60 lbs. Hmmmmmm.......

Earlier this morning I bought a bag of organic alfalfa meal from Eastern Oregon for $10.80 for 50 lbs.

Aloe vera juice or 200x powder runs about $.20 per gallon of the recommend amount. Yucca extract and in particular the dried yucca root powder costs about $.30 per gallon for the suggested application rate.

It's all in how you want to get to the center of the wheel I suppose.

CC
you sir, are sitting lotus position in the center. Thanks again. I bought some aloe vera juice via your suggestion months ago and tossed the wet betty. But I put the aloe juice in the wet betty bottle for :) purposes.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Clackamas Coot again.

Latest posts

Latest posts