What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 plus 3=?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Nice timing, just done the first run for seedbay, just need to get some little bags and card inserts now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
well from my first batch of 10 tested i got 1 tri and 1 quad, will test another 10 every 4 days for a couple of weeks, then get them down to the bay.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Well alright GMT, I am gonna sit down and read this thread tommorow when I get some time, I am so glad I was directed here. Very greatful for the energy and effort that has gone into this thread.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
1st batch of seeds are being quality control tested by an independant party as we speak, if they come back positive I'll get some over to the bay if not I'll redo the batch.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Hi U.N.,
I tend to refer them as trifoliar traitors. They are more likely to revert to being bifoliar if their roots are restricted, although they can do it under any circumstances. Trifoliar tendencies are breedable, though I'm still trying to get it universal in a set of seeds and haven't succeeded yet.

This is awesome, I had an idea that the third node would allow the tri asperate more readily, the root mass is the second part of asperation. so if the root mass is restricted so would the asperation of the plant in general, then the plant reverts back yo two nodes. This to me makes perfect sense.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am reading through the entire thread to bone up on everything said would it be in bad taste to comment on super old posts? ;)

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol, not at all, although some of the early guesses and musings get superceeded later on, so don't hold me to a 5 year year old pondering, I may have learned better by now.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I wouldn't do such a I am here to learn, thought I would ask though, I am hoping that trifols find a spot in the list of Cannabis types like the lowryder not for all but fills a need.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
My trifoliate has reverted back to three leaves on one node after it started alternating for one node how interesting is that.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Ya I have to wait, did you have a trifoliate revert back to it's original before? I changed the light wave lengths after it started alternating, I had it under a Sunblaster I thought it was stretching so I went to the store and got some 6500k daylights for half the pice of the sunblaster and it slowed the stretch so, I can conclude that the stretch was caused by the inferior light, the nodes starting to alternate was caused by the stretch, now that I have them under the 6500k the nodes have returned to prestretch orientation on the stem.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
So now the, Trifol in question has showed up a female, and we discussed perhaps selfing the female to see how the seeds turned out. What are you going to refer to your work as when it goes up so I can find it and get some.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Maybe if we work concurrently with the same genetics we can create the ultimate lady, she will have three main colas instead of one of two.

Any thoughts, I thought the three main colas is the best thing about these, if you could grow female seeds with the three main colas you could shoot them into flowering right after the root mass is big enough to support three huge colas.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
hey, ok sorry I haven't been keeping this one up to date, yes I've had that, ie 3 turns into 2, but I never used them to breed with, I figured it got them into bad habbits.
Since the last outcross, I have called them bruised nuts due to their lineage. I don't like the thought of calling them something new.
On the one currently in flower in the new thread (yeah I started another since this one) (here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=256517) I topped at the first real node, and then topped each of those 3 tops, to make 6 colas, but didn't veg it long and being indicas, they arent too stretchy. The nodes on the branches then grow branches into the centre..... well you can see it for yourself if you click the link.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
hey, ok sorry I haven't been keeping this one up to date, yes I've had that, ie 3 turns into 2, but I never used them to breed with, I figured it got them into bad habbits.
Since the last outcross, I have called them bruised nuts due to their lineage. I don't like the thought of calling them something new.
On the one currently in flower in the new thread (yeah I started another since this one) (here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=256517) I topped at the first real node, and then topped each of those 3 tops, to make 6 colas, but didn't veg it long and being indicas, they arent too stretchy. The nodes on the branches then grow branches into the centre..... well you can see it for yourself if you click the link.

ha I did the exact same thing with my original tri, looks weird eh!

i will have a gleen of the new thread. Thanks man!

Peace

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Are these whorled phyllotaxy with 3 branches or whorled phyllotaxy 3 branches with fasciated tips?
Sorry I did not read the whole thread.
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts