What's new

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
OG Jungle!!

OG Jungle!!

So 3 of us defoliated for about 3hrs. Maybe another hour tomorrow and it should be done.

Looks like my high density/defoliation is working. Now they can do their job and make nuggets! Excellent light penetration.

Tall OG SOG killing it...

Scrappy-doo

So you defoliate all the fans at about what, looks like 3 weeks or so? Might give it a shot on one of my plants this round. You lollipop them at all or does the improved penetration negate the need?

mushroombrew

Veteran
So you defoliate all the fans at about what, looks like 3 weeks or so? Might give it a shot on one of my plants this round. You lollipop them at all or does the improved penetration negate the need?

I take any weak suckers. Yes at 21 days. Keep 3 fans at the top of each shoot. All others go frosty too if they are below the top three.
Not a full lollipop. Maybe 30% of the way up.

Scrappy-doo

Seems easy enough.. I'll give it a shot. You do a 2nd defol later on? I like how it allows more space to pack'em in tight.

Junk

So 3 of us defoliated for about 3hrs. Maybe another hour tomorrow and it should be done.

Looks like my high density/defoliation is working. Now they can do their job and make nuggets! Excellent light penetration.

Tall OG SOG killing it...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1801398]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1801397]View Image[/url]
I do not envy you defoliating all that!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yeah it was a mission. But they are looking better for it already.

That's what Gelato grown by a Hydro Ninja looks like lol!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Goji OG

Goji OG

I have 3 phenos. One is just too sweet for me. One all of a sudden just took on a classic kush smell.

Such a weird strain. Tall and hempy. But yet the flowers are OG all the way.

Looking forward to running clone stock as the height will be more manageable. This thing yields gents!!

Rondon

I ran a Goji variant called Skylotus. Thought it sucked personally. When everything else was done in 65 -70...this gal was green as hell with white pistils still popping. And sprouted more male flowers than I care to see. Ran it twicw to make sure. In the trash she went.

mushroombrew

Veteran
These are original seed stock. They are much better than expected. Male was resinous. So there is potential here for sure.

packerfan79

Veteran
I ran goji it was finicky and didn't get real dense. I have ran a,couple snow lotus crosses and thgey were all finicky. They did yeild 50% more than the g13hp crosses. I made rosin out of the gogi, my rosin snobs loved the rosin.

Weirdest shit happen Sunday, I was getting a new jar out and found 6 more 1/2 gallon jars. About a pound and a half, that will pay for xmas

mushroombrew

Veteran
These seedlings are like race horses! Rock hard too. But its hydro. Maybe thats why.

I love it when I find an extra elbow or two lol!!

GainGreene

my Goji x FAR(OG Rascal) didn't take a clone of this one :comfort: so popped some more to explore.

Some info I have come across on pheno types. Goji was my most vigorous plant of an OG hybrid.

Goji Pheno info Via THrive:
*ThunderEgg is earthyish no fruit OG and was kept for its cerebral high pretty sure thats right..
*Pinsol Og and ThunderEgg Look the same in Veg Lanky with purpleish stems grows fast compared to other Ogs Ive played with.. easy to clone 
*Strawberry Cream cheese... I like to call her Floppy cause she just flops all over the place with growth have to support her all over but think she worth it... would say she grows as fast as Pinsol and Egg but she flops out all over not Vertically... easy to clone
*Purple Goji- Pretty sure we know what to expect here... Grows nice for a Purple but 1/2 as fast as Pinsol and Egg and more of a bush not so much Vertically. easy to clone

Mushroom did you ever get those LEDs?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Mushroom did you ever get those LEDs?

The vert setup is performing excellent with just 22W/sqft.
(3) x 600/2 walls

The light mover/bare bulb is genius!

My upcoming facility will be indoor. Excess heat will go into a GH to reduce propane costs.

What I am getting at is heat generated by HID is cheaper then propane heat.

So LED is on hold right now.

GainGreene

Honestly they would just slow you down if used for anything other than clones and veg growth or supplemental lighting but no way they would replace or replicate your 600s. You have things pretty dialed in to change up. Your current round with OG will be interesting to see what kinda weight they put down in the boom room. Does the hydro ninja sleep? Happy Holidays

mushroombrew

Veteran
Honestly they would just slow you down if used for anything other than clones and veg growth or supplemental lighting but no way they would replace or replicate your 600s. You have things pretty dialed in to change up. Your current round with OG will be interesting to see what kinda weight they put down in the boom room. Does the hydro ninja sleep? Happy Holidays

I think I will increase wall dimension to 5ft x 10ft. And use double 315's or possibly double 400's. 6x400 = 2400W. Two walls 50sqft each.

So 100sqft with 2400W = 24W/sqft. Very low. But with bulbs so close the plants boom!

So 6 bulbs instead of 3 for more even light distribution.

I have used movers in horizontal grows with great success. The wall ride is just radical. The movers really get the job done. And the OG's on that side have really short internode spacing.

I will be growing with zero top down lighting soon.

Most are growing in trays with block/flex caps. Gavitas on the ceiling. People think that is as efficient as indoor gets. Well I can do better. Less light more yield. Good times.

And no Hydro Ninja's don't sleep much at all. Happy holidays to you too!