What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x3meter, 15 plant, 1800watt cheesey scrog

B

bonecarver_OG

to me it looks like the plants are a bit too tight. its normal there is stretch even later in flowering, specially when there isnt enough light for the plant. if it is possible try to spread the out a bit, so the main fan leafs dont get too shaded.

still i think the plants will pack on more weigth, but the lower parts will take a tad bnit longer time than usual.

i agree about molasses and such makes a mess.

yesterday i cleaned my rez and i decided to only ad the molases or panela rigth before watering, and since i water by hand i will add it to the bucket i carry my water from the rez to the flowers :D easy and should be messy :D

peace man :D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
The weird bud growth I am not sure about but bonecarver sounds like he maybe onto something there... They are definitely nice n frosty though and the cola's below the abnormal growth are looking pretty nice.

That bloody molasses eh! Same as what my rez looked like, your right about the timing with it circa 2-3 days and it starts to break up. I can't remember if I mentioned it or not to you before for the win, you wanna add as u have described an no probs... Will keep the microlife happy and fed I agree

Excellent root growth with the jiffys btw, I hear they sell them in coco now instead of peat...

Tokesome

Thanks guys, the bud growth is the same throughout the grow so defo not a lack of light issue, unless poor lighting due just to the close spacing. However some of the colas on the sides near reflectors with plenty of light on them have the same growth. I have a static 400 and 600 on the middle 5 plants, so there is plenty of light to be had. I`ve done pretty much all I can re the re-spacing, maybe some slight re-tuning to be done, but nothing significant.

I wonder if this might have an influence, or whether its a wild thought from a stoner`s brain but, . . . . I`ve tucked a lot of the obtrusive fan leaves, from up to half way up the cola`s, and actually tucked them away downwards underneath the screen, figuring they`ll drop off if the plant wants to let them go, and thought that`d be better than pruning them too much, but, and its a big but, I`m now wondering if that could be telling the plant that its dark down here and making the tops shoot off. Kinda makes sense, but I may just be on one!!:biggrin:

I noticed on Scrogermans grow that the colas were big and fat in the top half, but a bit thin on the bottom half and was questioning as to whether its down to tight spacin and the lower leaves being tucked away out of the light, maybe he`ll comment??:biggrin:

I`m wondering if its better to prune than to tuck in these circumstances, airflow would cetainly be improved.

Great idea about the molasses feeding Bones, add it directly to the feed bucket, I`m still hand watering this grow so definitely the way fwd for this grow.

Toke:biggrin:

mr cheese

is see why your concerned mate, theirs few a stress problem here, see how your pistils have coloured all ready, at first i thought your light cycle might off be faulty, light leak, timer faulty, ect but looking at your leaves i can see their over feed, u using organics? as organic doesnt burn but does produce fcked up growth, leaves ect.. might sound silly question but you havent given them veg food by mistake? cnt understand why at 45days they wudhave growth spurt unless 1 of the above had happened

Hay Tokesome I feel your pain had the same issues fir the last 3 grows and this new grow is shit or bust. You mentioned usint cal mag do you reckon had the best improvment on your grow or was it the use of ro?

Tokesome

Sorry, my last post should`ve read. . . . . my humidity is down to 19% not 10%.

Could the low RH stress things out in this way?? I`m guessing not.

I`ve also got temps reaching 88-90f in one area, though the plants are no worse in this area than the plants in areas that are holding at 76-80f. I think I can do a little to help spread them out in places, having had a good look at them with that in mind. Not sure how much difference I can make, but I`m going to do what I can tmro.

Hey mr cheese, no the lighting is good, not using organics, use coco a+b throughout as its designed for such use with coco. I`ve kept ec to below1.6, most of the time being on 1.4, The Canna stuff will burn the tips if its too strong in my experience. Thanks for input though. I

original blues, heh heh like your user name, they are for sure the best kinda blues eh? My biggest improver was without doubt RO water, though the Calmax/g is necessary to bring the ec to around 0.2-0.3 to work with canna`s coco nutes. The difference is clear in my flowering plants, no more yellowing between the veins , and the difference in the rearing of clones is stunning. You had similar issues mate?? A good way to run a test would be to buy some good quality (usually provide nutrient spec and ph on the label) bottled water and try it for a week or two on a couple of plants nand see if there`s a noticeable difference with yer other plants, the improvement will be fairly quick if the water is the issue. Wish I`d done that properly at the beginning.

I need to sort out whatever it is if its stress these plants are suffering. I cant let all the hard work I`ve done go to waste st this stage of the game.

Any more thoughts guys??

Cheersw Toke

Scrogerman

Veteran
Lookin Good Bro

Lookin Good Bro

Hey Toke,
They all look fine to me buddy tbh, OK a few pistils are colouring, its no biggie as long as its just a few. I notice this if i leave buds shaded for too long, i like to tuck then reposition leaves, then rotate the tucked leaves after a day or two back into the light so everything gets its turn in the light, its no good tucking and just leaving the leaves tucked, you gotta rotate or they'll just lighten up & eventually drop off, now if you rotate you aint got that problem any more. It would be a ton of work in your set-up, but in ScrOG its gotta be done when your tucking, if your gonna cut leaves off, take them from the bottom, dont touch the top unless its absolutely nessesary only taking a few problematic leaves if you must. Your canopy looks nice and level buddy, nice work there.

Looking good imo, G'Luck...Peace....Scroger'

BTW your Cola's look fine to me & a few browning pistils i'd put down to being shaded, thats what happens to me!
The way my buds are growing is strain orientated but yeah i would say the way i have pruned & tucked has influenced their shape quite a bit, they are top heavy, GooD is all i can say about that one lol!

Tokesome

Heh heh, heavy tops yeay, dont we all just love em on the girls!!

Well I hope you`re right mate, but to be honest I wouldn`t expect the stretching in the tips of tops like there is what do you think to that Scroger? As I said though I`m not panicking but I`m a bit concerned. I know its hard to tell but the growth does seem to have slowed down too.

The brown pistils are the norm for this strain from what I`ve seen. They certainly haven`t all been shaded being the very tops, but this strain goes very brown/orange in the pistils from quite early. Not sure they should be turning on those tiny buds on the stretched tips, but it wouldn`t surprise me if they started going for it. It wouldn`t surprise me if they dont either though, and I`d love to be sure right now I can tell you!

The colas aren`t elongating as I`d expect them to, the longest being 10 inches and the average is 6-8 inches.

Its the end of week 6 today, day 42, so there`s at least 3 weeks left for these to go yet. I`ve done some more pruning out from underneath today, some of the smaller shoots that I thought might make the grade, but haven`t, have come off. I might get ruthless one more time to allow for a little more management of the bigger tops I`ll see tmro. I can see that there will be a lot of bud above the screen that wont get much light as it stands, and will need a further week or two, but hopefully that`ll be worthwhile if its necessary. Still learning with this technique, and I think, still dialing the set up in.

Cheers Toke

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I used to double harvest on the nft as the plants would really bush out once taking off on the system,

I have had that second stretch happen to me with an afghan I used to grow... I think this was down to radiant heat stress, but as you are yours is not restricted to one area I couldn't say what it was.... that stoned epiphany you had above sounds like it maybe worth further investigation

Tokesome, well in my time ive had many years no problems a few bug issues etc but nothing like this before. my 1st bad grow I thourght my issues where down to poor ventilation increased my fans this didnt resolve the issues. 2nd poor grow I cleaned and bleached the whole set up, i changed my nutrients this hasnt helped I went onto the canna a&b and hammerhead with a dose of pk 13/14 i have pused the grow to the end and got a fair bit of popcorns.

Even thou i have loads is whispey small buds the blueberry strain i have its still a lovley smoke just not a lot but it will c me through the drought ahead.

I did a little experiment running along side the bluberry in coco i set up a whiteberry in a oxypot this is on the the 4th week and looking seriously stressed was gonna chuck her out but i will head out 2day and buy some ro water from the super market and c if this makes a difference I would imagine if its the same issue you have the oxy should show signs of improvement very quickly. Ill post a pick of before and after Ill keep you posted.

Tokesome

What are the Blueberry like that are along side the Whiteberry?

Feel free to post a couple of pics up here so we can see the symptoms.

I`d tried everything I could as I didn`t believe it could be the water as houses nearby are running fine, but the RO water has made all the difference. Most bottled water has some mineral content, but is usually good quality. You`ll probably need some calmag type product to balance the cal and mg for use with the Canna a+b. I gather that Blackstrap molasses will do the job, in the uk you can get this from holland and barrat, though I dont know how much you should use. A search or a question on these forums should help to find the answer if necessary.

I would hope that after documenting the troubles I`ve had that it might be of benefit to others sorting out similar issues.

I suspect it may be the water in your case, it sounds like you`ve tried the usual, enviro, nute, cleanliness etc etc.

Toke ;-)

Tokesome

Aquarium is good, its only the quantities you need to be concerned with, RO is RO, like the GPD galls per day. I use a 125GPD which takes about 4-5 hours to produce 50ltrs of RO water. Some drinking ones produce lower amounts and usually provide a drinks dispenser of some sort, which you dont need. I drink the RO now and just bottle myself some up.

Yeah looked at the pics, could be similar issues, trying to think what else it can be but stumped. Hopefully the water will show you the results we`d all want. The difference is clear on mine. If you check my other posts and go back 3 months or so, you`ll find more of the problems I was having and the things I tried to do to remedy it.

How are the Blueberry in coco by the way?

Have you looked in the infirmary section on plant problem diagnosis? Have you checked the instrument that you check the ph with, I`ve had issues before due to a faulty ph meter.

Have you checked the ph/ec of the run off?

Are you recirculating your nutes?

What is the ec and ph of your tap water?

Have you moved home/or grow to coincide with these issues arising, or is it something that`s changed in the same property?

Toke

tokesome, the bluberry is fooking amazing in coco and in verts oxys the strain i have always been very good against heat stress and a very versatile plant passed cuts to 1st time growers and they have produced decent crops. We have cheese hashberry ak47 blueberry mothers and some jack herier ON THE WAY and everyons 1st choice is the blue and i dont blame them a mouth watering smoke decent yielder as well.

mate ive had sleepless nights searching for a resaloution to this problem looking at the pics peps 1st comment is mg def im sure this ant the issue.

My ph meter is sweet i calibrate fairly oftern and i checked it along side a pals meter readings the same.

tap water ph is 7.0 ec imnot sure but defo under 0.3 as my meter takes a reading from 0.3 a pal of mine is fetching is bluelab meter later so i will get a accurate answer for you.

I am running a recirculating system I have used the same pump and system for years a 5 aqua trays with 4-5 7.5ltr pots per tray so about 20-25 plants I have height issues so i keep them small. Res 30 ltr ive reduced it so i have to keep checks on it more often a little more work but needs must.

The 1st 2 weeks flower 1 15min feed a day the build up the feed tims to about 3 15min feeds a day. My ph would start at 5.8 and it would drift to 6 after 3 days then change the water ec kept low 1.2 about 1st 2 weeks up to 1.4 then last couple of weeks 1.6. The run off was not much dirrerent as i made a point of flusing EVERY week!

Well i used to grow at the current location about 4 years ago no big issues i was a newbi at that time mabe 3-4 grows under my belt nothing massive that i can rember. went somewhere else to grow sweet no prob now back to where i started I got 1 massive grow under my belt here BUT the vegging was done else where then bang the issues started??? its very strange.
My air exchange is ok have a 100mm intake and (out take) 150lti 680cfm also a 100mm fixed to a air sox and pusing the air through my cool tubes (x2 600watt) and out the room steady temps 25 day 20 night humiditiy 55 not check the night for a while my pal droped my min max meter.

So the only thing i reckon it could be is the water ive been doubting this for months as i was thinking why the water board pass on dodgy water?? or its the room im growing in it used to be damp place but after putting a damp proof membrane on the floor sealing the walls and adding air bricks this cleared up years ago or maybe there is some sort of mold spores left??

whiteberry vs bluberry

whiteberry vs bluberry

bearing in mind the blue in coco white in oxy both started on week 1 bud blood with coco a&b Oxy on canna aqua then continued with hammerhead. by the end of the 1st week white hairs showing blue growth ok whitberry went berlistic showing fantastic potential roots lovley and white good steady growth. but both started with problems on the 3rd week. The oxy showed no signs on new root growth from the 3rd week even now no new signs of new root growth generally looking stunted.

So 2 different strains 2 different methods of growing nutes from canna dosages kept pretty much the same. So it cant be the plants, nutes are new water well oxgenated i have a air compressor working both res's with aqua fiz stones.

Its a fooking mystery to me but lets see what happens with some tesco mineral water.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Lookin Good!

Lookin Good!

Heh heh, heavy tops yeay, dont we all just love em on the girls!!

Well I hope you`re right mate, but to be honest I wouldn`t expect the stretching in the tips of tops like there is what do you think to that Scroger? As I said though I`m not panicking but I`m a bit concerned. I know its hard to tell but the growth does seem to have slowed down too.

? Toke, tbh, They look completely normal to me buddy, Stretching at the tips? looking at the pictures i cant see what you mean, they look like they are growing as they should be. I even have a buddy sitting next to me who is vastly experienced in the game and he agrees with me that they look just fine, so take some pics for us of the exact issue you are speaking of please. We both agree that from the pics you have posted they are growing in a normal/standard manner at this stage, so i would'nt worry too much if i were you buddy! Stick some more shots up of this stretched tip growth & we'll take another look for you. They look lovely & frosty bro & are right on schedual! Looking Good.

The brown pistils are the norm for this strain from what I`ve seen. They certainly haven`t all been shaded being the very tops, but this strain goes very brown/orange in the pistils from quite early. Not sure they should be turning on those tiny buds on the stretched tips, but it wouldn`t surprise me if they started going for it. It wouldn`t surprise me if they dont either though, and I`d love to be sure right now I can tell you!

The colas aren`t elongating as I`d expect them to, the longest being 10 inches and the average is 6-8 inches.

This is a case of getting to know your strain buddy, once you know how she performs/stretches you can engineer the Cola size to your own preference, 8-10" or 14-18", either way your gonna end up with some lovely Colas. Are you not happy with the size dude? They will get a little bigger/taller yet imo anyway, you should know the finish height as you've done her 3 times before buddy! What is your finish height estimation?

Its the end of week 6 today, day 42, so there`s at least 3 weeks left for these to go yet. I`ve done some more pruning out from underneath today, some of the smaller shoots that I thought might make the grade, but haven`t, have come off. I might get ruthless one more time to allow for a little more management of the bigger tops I`ll see tmro. I can see that there will be a lot of bud above the screen that wont get much light as it stands, and will need a further week or two, but hopefully that`ll be worthwhile if its necessary. Still learning with this technique, and I think, still dialing the set up in.

Cheers Toke

"I think your doing a great job buddy"

G'Luck....Peace.....Scroger'

Tokesome

Hey O blues, no I dont think the mg sulphate will do the job, you need the Calcium at the right proportion to the mg, I`d get Calmag if you can, or look into the molasses route.

Are you saying the Blueberry is not being adversely affected?

Hey Scroger, thanks mate for yer vote of confidence:biggrin:

The top shoots in the pics on the last bunch of pics where the tips have sprouted with the tiny buds on, is what I`m referring to, they`ve been like that for about a week and no signs of the lil buds doing anything as yet, I`ve not seen the strain do this anywhere else I`ve seen it (a few places) and it does look like some sort of stress growth. The growth of the buds seems to have slowed down but its hard to tell as they do naturally spurt then slow then spurt then slow so I`m not panicking about it, the plants look very healthy in general.

Thanks for the tip on repositioning the leaves, like you say a huge job on this size a screen, but I`ll spend some time on this mate.:biggrin:

I`ll post all the info I see so as I have some sort of reference for another time. The problem with knowing where these are likely to finish and top out is that on my previous grows, the problems I had made the plants grow long and spindly and the colas never formed properly. I dont expect massive length colas, it seems to be very dom on the indica side, I do expect perfect colas without sprouty bits tho, but we`ll see:dunno:

Toke:biggrin: