What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x2 Grow - Mars Hydro TSW2000 - Home Made DWC

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Great progress. :D

The best I can come up with is between .5-1liter/gallon of nutrient solution. So 10 gallons of nutrient solution would need between 5 and 10 liters per minute.

redleb961

Great progress. :D

The best I can come up with is between .5-1liter/gallon of nutrient solution. So 10 gallons of nutrient solution would need between 5 and 10 liters per minute.

Alight so im on the safe side ! ive got 2x4 Liters/min for my 6-7gal bucket !

Will keep you updated :tiphat:

redleb961

Update :

Seedling at day 9 since germination in rockwool

Doubling in size every day

Roots starting to poke out of the rockwool

Feeding only PH'd water at 5.6 when rockwool gets a little dry

Will start adding some GHE Root booster to the solution on my next watering

Forgot to mention in my earlier posts , this is a Super Critical feminized seed from GHS , 30% Sativa , 70% Indica !

Douglas.Curtis

Sorry for the intrusion, I wanted to ask if with a mars hydro tsw2000 I can have a good performance in a 4x4 gb or I should take a 3x3 one, I am a newbie..
You'll want the TSW-3000 for a 4x4. The TSW-2000 is bright enough for flowering a 3x3 space with cannabis. :)

Welcome to ICMag!! :D

redleb961

Sorry for the intrusion, I wanted to ask if with a mars hydro tsw2000 I can have a good performance in a 4x4 gb or I should take a 3x3 one, I am a newbie..

Like Douglas.Curtis said , the TSW2000 would be better in a 3x3 than a 4x4 tent.

If you're new to all this, i would suggest you start small, simple and easy! The bill can get very high and very quick too, that would mean a bigger extraction fan, bigger carbon filter, bigger light, etc ...

If you end up choosing the TSW2000, go for the 3x3 and start figuring out what ventilation you need and all those other details.

Welcome to ICMAG :tiphat:

redleb961

Update :

Seedling at day 11 since germination in Rockwool

Everything going smooth so far, absolutely not rushing to put the seedling in the DWC bucket YET ! Still waiting for a couple things to arrive (Shipping is taking forever with the whole virus situation going on) ...

Going to let the seedling grow more roots in its current environment till everything is perfect and ready to go !

Forgot to mention, i added 3ml/L of Root Booster from GHE (TA) to the solution im using to spray and water the cube (Slightly)

Pictures from today :

Jock420

Hey redleb sit the rock wool on a grill rack
The roots will grow out bottom
And you don't need boosters just now
Let her do her thing. Let that rockwool
Dry a bit so its moist not soaking
All the best with the grow.

Douglas.Curtis

Good point Jock420, rockwool works best when it can easily drain completely. Any 'flat' areas under the cube will slow this down quite a bit.

Cute seedlings. :)

redleb961

Hey redleb sit the rock wool on a grill rack
The roots will grow out bottom
And you don't need boosters just now
Let her do her thing. Let that rockwool
Dry a bit so its moist not soaking
All the best with the grow.

Hello Jock420, Thanks for stopping by.

The rockwool is moist indeed ! Ive just been spraying it with a mister lately to keep humidity levels high.

If you look closely, there actually are 2 levels on the bottom of the dome where the rockwool is sitting, this acts as a grill to keep the higher level dry (Where the rockwool sits) and the bottom level moist.

Let me know if the levels aren't high enough from each other, and ill find a solution to that :)

Regarding the boosters, it's just a solution that helps with the root development. The bottle says that you could even use the liquid while germinating, so it wont absolutely do any harm. It just helps the seedling in developing strong and healthy roots :good:

redleb961

Good point Jock420, rockwool works best when it can easily drain completely. Any 'flat' areas under the cube will slow this down quite a bit.

Cute seedlings. :)

Thanks for the tips, as i told Jock420, if you look closer, you can the the tray has 2 levels, and the rockwool is sitting on the higher level which is actually dry. The stagnated water is on the lower level of the tray.

Maybe the tray's design isnt perfect and the upper level (the row where the seedling is sitting) should actually be thinner.

How long do you think i could actually keep the seedling in the tray before moving it to the DWC ? Ive never kept it too long before, as soon as the roots were about 1 inch , i would move them to the bucket.

Do you think i could let it grow much more than that the way it is in its environment right now ?

Pennello5

Nice set up mate, I'll follow if you dont mind, very intrested in DWC and MarsHydro too, 2in1 deal here!! Do you have a scheme of the DIY DWC bucket? I know there's plenty on the web but I like to see/listen to the Makers!!

See yaa Redleb961!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice work. Any plans on how you will keep water temperature in the correct range? A roots in type set up needs temp control for the water or you are in for a nightmare and will hate DWC.
peace, negative.

redleb961

Nice set up mate, I'll follow if you dont mind, very intrested in DWC and MarsHydro too, 2in1 deal here!! Do you have a scheme of the DIY DWC bucket? I know there's plenty on the web but I like to see/listen to the Makers!!

See yaa Redleb961!

Hey there buddy ! I dont mind at all , grab a seat :tiphat:

I dont have a scheme but i can explain real quick the idea i have in mind.

You're going to need :

Accessories :
1x Black (Lightproof) bucket - 5 Gals or whatever , mine is 32Liters
1x Lid for the Bucket
1x 5inch Net pot
1x 1/2inch bulkhead fitting
1x 1/2inch Plastic Faucet that fits in the bulkhead
1x 90 degrees elbow 3/8inch aquarium fitting
1x 1meter of either 14mm or 16mm hose depending on the elbow size
1x Rubber Stopper (Upper diameter 52 - Lower 42mm)
1x Air pump
2x 4mm air lines (1 meter each or more depending on your setup)
2x 4inch air stones or 1x 8inch air stone

Tools :
- Electrical Drill
- Flat Drills (Various sizes)
- Drill bit (4-5mm for the air lines)
- Cutter to cut the hole for the net pot
- Silicone for the bulkhead

Steps :
- Cut a whole in the lid for the net pot and place the net pot (i secured mine with electrical tape)
- Drill 2 holes on the bottom of the bucket : 1 for the bulkhead fitting and one for the 90 degrees elbow fitting (Be careful of the sizes , they will have different sizes)
- Place the bulkhead fitting with the faucet on the outside
- Place the 90 degrees elbow + the 1m hose to check water level
- Drill a 48mm hole in the lid for the rubber stopper (this will help you check ph and refill the bucket)
- Drill 2 holes for the 4mm air lines + connect the air lines to the air pump and to the air stone placed on the bottom of the bucket

Here are some pictures to help you better understand the accessories for the bucket. Mine is still not finished though, still waiting for the rubber stopper and the 90 deg elbow as well as the air pump and the 4mm air lines.

Last edited:

redleb961

Nice work. Any plans on how you will keep water temperature in the correct range? A roots in type set up needs temp control for the water or you are in for a nightmare and will hate DWC.
peace, negative.

Thanks buddy ! Regarding the water temps , a water chiller seemed too expensive. Ive actually grown in DWC before in a bigger tote and didn't have temp problems even though temps were too high 26-27C (78-80), only because i was using H2O2 in the solution.

Precautions ill be taking this time :
- Placing the air pump outside of the tent
- Using 5ml/10L of 11,9% H2O2 from Growth Technology
- Better Ventilation for heat evacuation
- I can always place the TSW2000 LED boards outside of the tent

One question i had in mind was : Would it be beneficial to place the air pump in a plastic cooler (Igloo style) with ice packs inside for it to pump cold air into the bucket ?

Latest posts

Latest posts