What's new

2x2 Grow - Mars Hydro TSW2000 - Home Made DWC

redleb961

By the way, Ph is always stable at 5.5-5.6.

I am feeling that the plant is growing very slowly (compared to a soil grow), both in its structure and in its roots ...

Is there anything wrong i might be doing ?

Should i let the PH go a bit higher to let say 6.0 ?

PPM stable at 550

Bumped the TSW2000 from 25% to 50% today, which was drawing 75W in total, and now 150W in total.

Tent temp at 27C/80F
Rez temp at 25C/77F

I have no choice but to cool the rez with frozen bottles for the moment since the plant isn't drinking lots of water.
When she starts drinking more, ill be able to top with straight tap water (that ill Ph) that comes out of the faucet at 16C/60F.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Kudos on the topping, it should work out well. :) All my advice on why the plant is growing so slowly is going to be the same as it was before. A natural pH swing (not stable), nute strength/balance and nutrient temperatures.

redleb961

Kudos on the topping, it should work out well. :) All my advice on why the plant is growing so slowly is going to be the same as it was before. A natural pH swing (not stable), nute strength/balance and nutrient temperatures.

You mean i should have ph swings ? My ph has been at 5.5 the whole time , i just got it to 5.7 by topping 1 Liter of frozen tap water.

Ppm now at 700 since i figured tap water is already at 200, and nutes should be at 500 excluding tap water. So i now have 700 in total.

She now has 5 nodes in total.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You mean i should have ph swings ?
In my experience, yes. The swing allows a healthier plant while using lower nutrient levels, and this allows the production of cleaner cannabis.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis

[/FONT]
My ph has been at 5.5 the whole time , i just got it to 5.7 by topping 1 Liter of frozen tap water.

Ppm now at 700 since i figured tap water is already at 200, and nutes should be at 500 excluding tap water. So i now have 700 in total.

She now has 5 nodes in total.
Tap water makes a pH swing more challenging, since you'll have to figure out how it works with your nutes on your own. The less starting tds in your water, the more predictable your pH becomes and the cleaner you can grow your plants. Any 'excesses' will be absorbed by the plant and still be in the flowers at harvest time. What's in that 200ppm?
:tiphat:

redleb961

Hello Everyone !

I am really sorry that i've been away for so long ! I went through a rough situation but its all better now.

I am here to update you all about what has been happening under the TSW2000 !

As you all know , i started this grow in a DWC system.

There's a good news and a bad news !

Ill start with the bad news to get it over with !

My dwc plant got too stunted i decided to abandon it and plant it outdoors in a 5 gal pot in soil and let it grow slowly and gently by its own .. I think it had a very mild case of root rot so that explains the stunted growth. I also abandoned the DWC system for other personal reasons i wont go through all the details now

Now for the good news ! I re germinated a second seed (same strain Super Critical), which i kept in veg for about 6 weeks and its on its 10th day of flowering as we speak.

Topped it once.

I decided to grow it in good old light mix soil and use the same GH nutes ive always used in my previous grows.

Using a 7gallon smart pot.

The scrog net is almost filled up.

I bumped the light all the way to 100% so im getting real 300W atm.
Doesn't seem to bother the plant ! She's still stretching a bit.
Light is set at 35cm from the tops.

Here are some pictures :

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Glad you come back, buddy. :headbange

Sorry about the stunted baby. it is a little pity. Hope she will recover soon.

The new one looks good so far. Very bushy and healthy.:bis:

35cm is gentle to her. cannot wait to see her new look.

redleb961

Glad you come back, buddy. :headbange

Sorry about the stunted baby. it is a little pity. Hope she will recover soon.

The new one looks good so far. Very bushy and healthy.:bis:

35cm is gentle to her. cannot wait to see her new look.

She is LOVING the light so far in the 2x2 tent ! The main Stem is thick as a BIC lighter (wish i had one to take a photo next to it !

She is currently starting to show new pistils everyday.

I am doing a water only once every 2 feeds.

No signs of nute burn so far !

Defoliating and eliminating lower branches below the net every other day not to stress her much.

So far so good guys

JesusOFNazareth

27733Image00009.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
She is LOVING the light so far in the 2x2 tent ! The main Stem is thick as a BIC lighter (wish i had one to take a photo next to it !

She is currently starting to show new pistils everyday.

I am doing a water only once every 2 feeds.

No signs of nute burn so far !

Defoliating and eliminating lower branches below the net every other day not to stress her much.

So far so good guys

Glad to hear that. :headbange

redleb961

Hello everyone,

Here's a quick update about whats been happening inside the tent.

- Plant has been growing vigorously
- Dark healthy green color of the leaves, no signs of nute burn
- Feeding @1080ppm/2.2EC
- Nute PH between 6.3-6.5
- Light set at 30cm above the tops
- 12/12 Flip on 30/05/2020 (17days ago)
- First signs of flowering (Pistils) on 11/06/2020 (6day ago)

Here are some pictures :

redleb961

Quick update :

- 2x2 is perfectly FULL
- 12/12 Flip : 20 days ago
- First signs of flowering pistils : 9 days ago

- Feeding Schedule : Nutes ---> Nutes ---> Water (Every 2 days)

- Nutrients for 5L (1.3gal) :
10ml Micro
30m Bio Root Plus
4ml Grow
16ml Bloom

1.3ml PH DOWN

PH : 6.3
PPM : 1080
EC : 2.2

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Quick update :

- 2x2 is perfectly FULL
- 12/12 Flip : 20 days ago
- First signs of flowering pistils : 9 days ago

- Feeding Schedule : Nutes ---> Nutes ---> Water (Every 2 days)

- Nutrients for 5L (1.3gal) :
10ml Micro
30m Bio Root Plus
4ml Grow
16ml Bloom

1.3ml PH DOWN

PH : 6.3
PPM : 1080
EC : 2.2

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82683&pictureid=2049913&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82683&pictureid=2049911&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82683&pictureid=2049912&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Everything is in good range. :smoke: