What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2k Perpetual Mineral-Rich Living Soil

veggie guy

Nice to see carbonatite mentioned - we use bags of this! Looking at your recipes I am wondering if you have participated in the Soil Nutrition Conferences in MA?

VortexPower420

Veteran
Well I had a kid so the shop is closed. I do have other projects going on same soil, just gets better with age.

Yeild will be weird this one. Heat got over 80 so not what I planned. still thinking at least .5 g/ watt. At my worst with this soil last summer heat that is what I did. Mixed strain grow.

My method now is always have some sort of nute accumulator plant for the worms to feast on all the time. I play my cards right I can wild craft enough herbs that I don't buy anything buy sproutsbuy, aloe and some min amendments once every 5 years. Best was 3 lb 2 1000 w and it could of been better if I was there more then once a week.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
congrats on the kid!

doesn't sound bad tho for only checking it once a week! I don't know if I could handle that with a indoor grow. I would want to check it once a day for indoor!

Don't know how some of you guys do that!

but yea summer sucks, besides outdoor...

also that's awesome your barely spending any money on the soil and keep it full of nutrients!

all your paying for is electricity and water(?) !

thats awesome!

VortexPower420

Veteran
Thanks bud.

Believe me I wish I was there more. I was partnering with some one 45 min awauly so I tried to get there as ofter as possible. Basicly I only came with the sprouted sprouts and applyed mulches when needed. Wateri.g was his job.

Got to love the sun. Got a few out back. Got them in a little late but what can you do.

I pride my self in only buying electricity and very little else. The water is from collection or well so basicly free.

You can spend a lot to grow something that can be virtually free, if your willing to learn what mother nature has to teach.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Thanks bud.

Believe me I wish I was there more. I was partnering with some one 45 min awauly so I tried to get there as ofter as possible. Basicly I only came with the sprouted sprouts and applyed mulches when needed. Wateri.g was his job.

Got to love the sun. Got a few out back. Got them in a little late but what can you do.

I pride my self in only buying electricity and very little else. The water is from collection or well so basicly free.

You can spend a lot to grow something that can be virtually free, if your willing to learn what mother nature has to teach.

that last part is so true!

It's funny to see the hydro/coco growers, growing for yield for profit and they spend so much money on nutrients when you can just build a Living Organic Soil and you will be mostly set forever especially if you have a worm bin and keep composting all your scraps!

right on, keep doing what you do!

I'll be lurking and taking notes for my future grow!

Yo man,

I was over on the AEC thread and read your posts about connecting w Kempf.

I was cracking up that none of the devotees even mentioned your thoughts ( as far as i saw).

Was wondering if you use any silicate products, specifically calcium silicate?

VortexPower420

Veteran
Yea some people are just set in their ways.. You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know.

No I can't say I do. I am real basic the only things I use that you buy in a store is Ful humix, Tm 7, aloe, borax, sea crop and Ful power. Other the baged amendments of course.

Timbuktu

I follow the intl bio ag high brix style. Because it is very similar to the Kempf approach i pop over to the AEC thread to catch up on what the fellas are practicing.

As far as the highbrix growing thing goes the high brix group at 420 seems to have the most experience as well as the highest brix readings! Doc bud and Co. have a strong record of growing great looking mj.with the so called "kit".

I tracked down some ag grade calcium silicate and am testing it out on my re- reused soil. Cant find anyone else that has tried it out with cannabis. Potassium silicate is the go to product for silicon but the K isnt welcome in my garden while the Ca is useful.

Sluicebox

This is a great thread! I know it's older but wow, good stuff in here. Sub'd. Site won't let me vote on anymore threads today, lol. I'm on pg 2 yet, gotta head out but will be back with some questions. Thanks again.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Blast from the past. Thanks for stopping by.

I have learned alot since then but base is still the same. I have the same soil going at another spot, growing better plants then ever.

I will start a new thread soon. There just isn't enough time in the day.

Sluicebox

Let me know when new thread is up please, I'll take notes. Got a lot to research out of this short thread here. I too was over at 420 looking into high brix, wasn't ready for it at the time. Obviously I'm not going to get stellar results from a soil mix and feeding only worm/alfalfa tea. Plants are insanely healthy and green like I've never seen. Almost to the point of N tox but they are thriving. Fresh worm castings and live worms in soil is a must. I just don't care much for being responsible for the worms in that environment. Real razors edge there not to let them dry out 7 gal smart pots. Did trip me out for a bit seeing the other bugs running around in there with them. I was going to try to squish the ones I saw but thought better of it. Figured they must be working together, and plants don't mind at all. No insect pressure yet knock on wood.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Keeping the worms happy should be the number one goal. If they are good and feed the plant will thank you. Feed the soil not the plant.

If your pots are drying out to the point of worm geneocide then you.need to re think you wateing regiment.

If 1 is bone dry and 10 is soaking wet you want to saw between 4 and 8.

I personally like it a little on the wet side.

Most important is to keep the top moist.

I'd you make a good mix and keep the worms happy no teas will be need for stellar results.

Sluicebox

They're happy only top inch dries out they're hanging out below that and very active, not slow or lethargic. Cruising through their food, have to up that a bit. Going to grab some moss beards off Oak tree now to use as a cover, loaded with lil critters and such, will keep light off top and soil moist. Thanks for your help.