What's new

2k 8 xl Under Current Purple Kush

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
No worries on the temps. Your ladies will recover. I have run in the desert with out a res chiller and had temps get high like that. I think Freezer Boy started a thread where he ran the whole thing at 80+

On a filter note, wouldn't you want the filter to be the end of the line so none of the air that seeps into the hoods (smelly good air) gets scrubbed before going outside?

Peace, :joint:

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Thanks HS,and you do raise a good point on the leak issue,all though iv never had that problem as I gave a cooltube and used gorilla tape to seal the connections,if you have a leaky hood then I'd say have the filter last as hydrosun says

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys
I have no leaks in my hoods that I can tell I tape the shit out of em with foil tape. Foil tape is the shit I use it on all sorts of shit. I guess I'll just run it how I run it.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
big green i have 80f or 25-26c in my water since i have again the
1000w but i dont have any problem.. yet:whistling:

BigGreen

Veteran
Hey tjo nice to see ya around.Shit 80 f no problems good luck I dont like 80f.
Progress is all wired up good to go there but I was unable to work today had family time. But I did get the rswc room all cleaned up and just about ready. It will be a race to see what room gets done faster. Hopefully I can have roots by next weekend so I can start the show. i'll take some pics tomorrow of the work in progress.

BigGreen

Veteran
I worked all day on the UC room and have it completed 90%. I ran the lights for a couple hours while I worked in there and the hottest it got 2 ft under the lights was 73f. So no worries on temps except I might have to get em up a little bit. Kind of a problem I like to have. I have the UC all put together and ready for a wet run tomorrow. Does anybody know if I can hang sunsystem magnetic ballast on the wall. They have the notches on the handle to hang it or are they made to hang from the ceiling.
All in all Im done the uc room is gonna be done first and I'll setup the 3x6 rswc next.

I would recommend running your lights completely separate from your filter, if you are in a sealed room. The more fixtures you have to pull air through the faster that fan will break down and not run as efficient. Plus any bends etc you have in the ducting line. The straighter the duct line is the better pull you will get from your inline fan. Where are you exhausting the air to, inside the house or what?

BigGreen

Veteran
I have it all dialed the room doesnt get hooter than 73f and its a passive intake and exhaust thru the air intake in the house for free heat.
Them pics are from some old plants a few months back Im just waiting on the pk clones to root.
Its nice to have ya both here to visit once the clones root its going to be real mental real quick. Im and gonna grow some big ass bushes in the UC.

choch

Looking good bud, can't wait to see things in full swing. :)

I would choose the mh/600hps/cmh as well to have clear feedback on which small bulb the plants prefer in flowering. I'd also run the exhaust the way you described for two reasons:

First cool tubes are better than other designs but I'd still rather not risk any smelly air getting sucked in between the filter and the fan, and second it is much better for the fan motor to be cooled by the air that has not been preheated by the bulb.

BigGreen

Veteran
Anybody out there use dyna-rock II or something similar. Is there anything besides rinsing it off that I have to do to the stuff. I like that it will release silicate and hold my plants up better than hydroton. Im pretty sure Im gonna use the stuff unless I here something bad.
Thanks

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
STG killed my plants. I don't know abut Dyna-Rock II but I would be interesting in anything that helps the PK hold onto the ground better.

Rapid Rooter and Hydroton for me equeals HUGE strong roots, but I am going to add RockWool to the mix in the future because it is really hard to balance a 5' plant on a rapid rooter.

Peace, :joint:

L-Immortal

I used higromite and it worked well, just be sure to rinse really well first. That stuff is pretty filthy

Also cover it up, I started getting algae on the rocks around week 6-7 without

joeking

hope I'm not too late. Checked out your other threads and they looked killer. Sorry about the bad luck, may blessings flow your way with the new year. I'm thinking of switching to a similar style for the summer months. Lookin forward to seein the ladies;)

BigGreen

Veteran
Sorry so slow on the pics but I will have some tomorrow for sure. The clones are still waiting for roots well I havent seen em for 2 days so maybe they have popped a few.
I decided to go with the dyna-rok II in the under current and I'll be juicing them up with dutch master gold. Other than that I have 2 empty rooms all setup waiting for the babies. Im going to cut about 30 more clones to throw in some hempys and veg the shit out of em.
I guess I'll just wait around for a couple more days dam I get bored not growing but all that will be over soon enough.
Stay tuned theres going to be some monsters in the UC for sure.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Nice!!! I can't wait to see your pk monsters,I'm hopin to get my UC 8XL,iv been subscribed since I first caught glimps of this thread and will be here til the sweet stinky end

turbo14

Veteran
Excited for sure, this thread is gonna hopefully make me take my 8xl out of the box. I've been running tables for years and I hopefully will be growing very LARGE medical trees soon in the UC:)

turbo