What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2K "15" plant organic living soil - 1st grow

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
"If you meet the Buddha, kill him" - Lin Chi, 9th Century Buddhist Master

"A vase is useful when it is empty. Then it can carry things when needed" - from Taoist writings

Von if you're out there~ yes please! and thanks for your help. I couldn't even message you to ask. I had a lot of valuable info in my pm's and i'm hoping they are not all wiped out too. Visitor messages gone, can't upload or share any pics, see who has repped me etc etc... talk about taking one for the team. :asskick:

hi darc, much appreciated!! :)

thank you bajangreen. Ha! my iphone made a mess of your username ;) its in the captains hands these days but im focusing on the processing aspect. salve, magic wands and massage oils, cooking oils, nut butters, treats...had a great little market in olympia last night. id share a pic of my table, if i were able to even do that! also have some amazing fungi pics to share once im done getting my account jacked. any mods out there that would like to restore my account? this is getting old, like old stinky fish and its been much longer than three days ;). yarrr.

B

BlueJayWay

^^^^ I was just looking at seeds for sprouting and noticed they had fenugreek, I took a mental note to look into it more, I didn't know it was common for sprouting, but I do know it works to stimulate a mothers milk....

Interested in your response as well MGD :)

B

BlueJayWay

Oh the diversity of plants!

Interesting..... Never woulda even thunk up that idea.....

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Fenugreek - pesticide & fungicide

Sprout seeds, cover with 3x water and soak for 48 hours, dilute 1 cup sprouted fenugreek seed tea with 15 cups water (i.e. makes 1 gallon) with 1/4 cup aloe vera extract and 1 tablespoon Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt.

Spray every 72 hours until 4 applications have been completed.

Spray 1x per week for prevention or as needed

CC

well i've been talking with a close friend and herbally-wise person about it. My computer is finally letting me get this post up! Medicinally it can be, as bluejayway pointed out, to help with milk production in nursing mothers and is even more widely used for lowering blood sugar in diabetic people. There are a variety of a few other medicinal uses. It can be an herb to use with caution, I had a friend use it for the blood sugar and she became faint and experienced negative side effects. The thing is, the medicinal uses are derived from the seed AFAIK. This paper, with its maple scent, could possibly be exclusively from the culinary part of the plant~ the leaves. Which would make sense as there would be zero medical risk in that sense. I am not sure if the seeds have that maple scent, but I am not thinking so.

Do the fenugreek sprouted seeds for your pesticide and fungicide recipe carry that maple scent? That sounds like a really nice and effective application.

"fresh paper" looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on some to try it out. Thanks for sharing that link Coot!!

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Do the fenugreek sprouted seeds for your pesticide and fungicide recipe carry that maple scent? That sounds like a really nice and effective application.
MDG

The seeds by themselves smell like Darc Mind described but when I soaked them overnight to kick-start the germination then they definitely have the maple syrup smell you described.

I'll let you know what is going on once they've sprouted and have soaked to make the foliar spray.

I also used fresh young coconut water today with sprouted barley seed tea and aloe vera to prevent Powdery Mildew and other goals. Plants seed to respond positively. cite

CC
http://www.springerlink.com/content/d548r1177q243w07/

al-k-mist

WOW, CC that article(i just read the abstract and introduction) that was an interesting find
Auxins and gibberellins in coconut milk and malt extract(barley)
I wonder how much addittional growth in veg one could expect...a lot is going on right this minute, but soon, this is one Id definitely like to try(would a gibberellic acid containing foliar spray possibly induce intersex or sex change traits??? bad, but could be good, orgainically created feminized seeds

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
al-k-mist

I used the coconut water & sprouted barley seed 'tea' 1x each week for the first 2 weeks of the 12/12 cycle. I also added BioAg's pure fulvic acid, aloe vera extract and liquid Silica.

Flower sets, increased biomass (leaves) and reduced internode spacing for chump change. You must use the white coconuts that you buy at Asian and Mexican food markets.

This link shows what they look like and how to get the coconut water out (very easy) vs. brown (mature) coconut.

HTH

CC

CC

Did you combine all those ingredients together and used as a foliar or the coconut water and barley seed was separate from fulvic,aloe and silica?

Latest posts

Latest posts