What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Its around 30F here but this past weekend it was in the 60's, it was so nice to do some work outside and grill out! Luckily tomorrow its supposed to get in mid 40's because about 3 inches of rain is coming in wouldn't be too nice if it was below freezing.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Low 30's here at night the last week...spose to rain here this weekend...temps in the 20's...might get a bit of white stuff--
It snowed here like 8 years ago...a repeat would be cool--
I hate snow...in excess-- But sometimes it is fun--:)

rogerw

10 above right now with fucking snow. Going to have it for 3 days up to 15 inches of the crap. Then get up to 30's again and who know or cares from there. I am sick to death of snow and below digits. Hell even had the ol lady knit a nut sack bag for the dog a german shorthair pointer. Dont want him to frostbite the only thing thats worth something on him.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

enough already, -14F with wind chill temps down in the -20s. I'm ready for a break in the weather & a bit of road trippin'.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

fucking great! another 12"~18" of the white shit coming in the next 24 hours & because we're so far north the potential threat for major snow storms exists well into April as well.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

absolutely amazing as northern minnesota is still in the middle of a heat wave, we've had one or two nights when the temps dipped down below zero but aside from that we've been enjoying midday temps in the 20s, 30s and even the 40s which is forecast again for Monday/Tuesday of next week.

We have just a few inches of snow on the ground right now whereas we usually have a foot or two by Jan 1st w/none of it melting like it is now. Every yr we seem to have a January thaw when temps rise for a week or so to above freezing during the day but it seems so far our whole season's been that way this year, but of course there's a lot of winter left for us yet.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

OK -17F tonight, no snow on the lakes and so it's making plenty of ice, we usually need 12 inches or so before we can safely drive on it, won't be long & that ice will be 2 feet thick. I recall one yr we had near zero snow and very cold temps from the start, the ice was over 4' thick in some places.

when we go perch fishing we tend to drill up to 100 holes in a day, there's a world of difference in doing that through 16" ice as opposed to 48" thick. because of my bad back I haven't done that in years.......

G

Guest 26753

I remember years back you promising to take me ice fishing if I ever came to Nth America. One day I will take that up with you for sure!
I feel sorta guilty after your post as it is 32C right now and I am sitting outside in shorts lol.

Herbophile

I'm just north of you S4L and in a weird sadistic way I've been looking forward to this below zero weather. It's -9 F and the wind is blowing. :D

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

yup, we could still do that, I have all the gear yet. when there's no snow cover on the ice it makes it appear clear/black and looks to be only an inch or two thick, almost scary as you drive across it.

NOKUY

Veteran
I'm just north of you S4L and in a weird sadistic way I've been looking forward to this below zero weather. It's -9 F and the wind is blowing. :D

love me sum "brutal cold"

huge_ice_storm_2.jpg

huge_ice_storm_8.jpg

5399031-2104-huge-ice-formations-on-a-tree-branch-from-the-mist-of-a-nearby-water-fall.jpg

antarctica-4_2091981i.jpg

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well on Saturday it got down to a bone chilling 73 degrees I actually had long pants on that night....brrrrrrr

Herbophile

We start wearing shorts and sandals around here when it gets into the 60's. At 73 we start thinking about turning on the AC. :)

One of the reasons I like winter is it's a lot cheaper and easier over all. Especially this year. The furnace is cheap to run, I don't have a lawn to mow and so far I haven't had to shovel any more than a few inches of snow at a time.

Latest posts

Latest posts