What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and I just talked to a friend whose water finally froze, he'll have to wait until it's 20F before the heat tape takes effect and thaws the lines, that sucks, I had my water lines set @ 12' deep and never had issues even through that -60F back in Feb of '96.......

Herbophile

and I just talked to a friend whose water finally froze, he'll have to wait until it's 20F before the heat tape takes effect and thaws the lines, that sucks, I had my water lines set @ 12' deep and never had issues even through that -60F back in Feb of '96.......

My old mans pipe from the well is only about 5 foot down so I have to help him stack hay across it every year. I've tried to get him to dig it all up and put it down through the floor to achieve a greater depth but he's a stubborn old man.

I'm really surprised it hasn't froze on him yet this years being that we've had almost no snow to cover the hay and add insulation.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

finally had our first hard chill, Christmas morning it was an actual -19F.

my tired old bones hate this weather.......

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
It's 28 F here, but we're having a bit of a blizzard at the moment.

Thankfully everyone is home and off the road.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Holy shit. I would fucking HATE my job if I lived where a lot of you guys do with these crazy negative temps.

27°F at 1000' elevation in WA.

Noggone

Three days ago it was nearly 46 C; the coldest weather I have experience is about -1 C, I couldn't live in those temps you guys live in. Even 14 C seems really cold to me.