What's new

250w HPS users....

sugabear_II

Veteran
hey 250 clubbers! very nice pics on this thread and sauce I love your avatar - looks like montana to me :D

well I'm a 150 watter cabinet guy but I've been itching to upgrade to a wardrobe cabinet and get a 250 watter.

I've got my eye on a 250 watt digital ballast, a lumatek, is any one running one of these?

-suga

p.s. - here's a few pics of my 150 watt cabinet

Last edited:
Tokin White Guy said:
how hard is it to rig up a cool tube to a light under a batwing? I've always shyed away from cool tubes cuz I have no idea how to mount the socket stabley(even a word?) in the tube..
anyone? Bueller? Also, would a cool tube on a batwing cool as well as an a/c hood (or well enough for a 400). Would this setup lose alot of light in passing thru the cooltube and then being reflected compared to using a glass-lensed hood? Also, are a/c hoods generally better at reflecting light than a batwing?

Sauce

For your previous question you need metal pipe strap with the holes in. Use 2 straps both attached to a pipe reducer/collar. Then screw the middle of the 2 pieces to the mogul where the bulb screws in. I used the mogul + base which gets terrible airflow but still works.

Tokin White Guy said:
anyone? Bueller? Also, would a cool tube on a batwing cool as well as an a/c hood (or well enough for a 400). Would this setup lose alot of light in passing thru the cooltube and then being reflected compared to using a glass-lensed hood? Also, are a/c hoods generally better at reflecting light than a batwing?

Glass will cut down 6% of the lumens. If you have the reflector on the outside of the cool tube then you're cutting down a lot more lumens because the light goes through the glass, bounces off reflector, goes back through glass and out the other side. That's going through the glass 3x. If the reflector is on the inside of the cool tube, or you're using an air cooled hood, the light is only going through the light once even if reflected back. Even that glass cuts down a little light the light proximity makes up for it.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
What's Up 250 Watters!
I'm back with my latest grow Willy Jack's Tangerine (Chronic X Cali-O)
Heres some day 50 pics (about 10-14 days to go)

See you soon with the harvest! :wave:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Thought I would chime in and say hello again.

I am 16 days into flower with this mazar clone I acquired. I am LST'ing this time as opposed to scrog. I think it is easier to LST then to scrog so after 2 scrogs and 2 lst's, I think this grow might be the deciding grow.

Anyway, I also have two Nirvana Afghani's in the veg chamber to go in in about 2-3 weeks. I have high hopes of establishing a perpetual grow.

Would love to get some local (The Emerald Triangle) strains as well.

More pics to come.

Later.

minds_I

groer

Sour Bubble SOG, 9 plants.

6104342.jpg

Creeptic

groer that looks amazing... i was considering SOG for my next run under my 250

how big are your containers and grow space? and about how tall are those plants in the picture?

looks amazing!

here's a pic of my current grow... 2 Sour Diesel IBL's... my first scrog... day 10 of flower:

8720day_10.jpg

groer

Thanks, that scrog is looking good, I did a scrog my first grow. They are in 1 gallons, grow space is 24 x 20 for 3.3 sq ft. They are around 16-17 inches tall. This is my first SOG and I like it, should get a great yield in a short time. The clones vegged for a week under fluorescents and 9 days under the HPS. I'm hoping to get 5 ozs.

Creeptic said:
groer that looks amazing... i was considering SOG for my next run under my 250

how big are your containers and grow space? and about how tall are those plants in the picture?

looks amazing!

here's a pic of my current grow... 2 Sour Diesel IBL's... my first scrog... day 10 of flower:

G

1 gallon you say....so they finish up at about 17 inches tall come harvest time? whats the avarage yeild for each plant in a 1 gallon ?

groer

Well this is my first sog so I'm not sure, but it should be around 1/2 oz per plant. The SB isn't a big yielder but it's not bad.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
ok...maybe to the eye from photos.

Day 71 flower...many amber trichs...she's ready as she'll ever be.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.