What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

Hey freezerboy.. Sorry if it was posted somewhere earlier in the thread... But does the freezer still maintain its functionality in staying cool? I'm guessing not... But if i'm mistaken.. I'm gonna keep looking into the possibility of picking up a used freezer or something off craigs list :)

C

cellardweller

T-Plus 00:13:21:49

Long day yesterday, long day tomorrow, or later today ...

Readers Digest Version.

See the needle nose dykes in Shot #1? That's what I used to use to cut my stalks in the days of rockwool with flood and drain. Just shy of an inch in diameter (0.92 actually) Wilma required a bigger tool.

That's an 18 inch ruler in Shot #2. Bundle is approx 22 inches long by 6.5 inches in diameter.

very nice FB tell me again on what day of flower did you harvest?I also have the same freebies but I know that at least 1/5 is a dead'un.I'll post a pic of the seeds w/ permission.Im waiting on those though,wanna run my Mandelas 1st!
thanks for all your tips btw!
cd
edit: thats weird no pics in the quote...

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
cellardweller said:
edit: thats weird no pics in the quote...

Wierder still, there's no quote box either ...

I harvested after 120 days of 12/12. I think I'm a bit early but had a window of opportunity that won't reappear for a few weeks. Hopefully the clone I slipped in the other day can go longer.

C

cellardweller

..well the site IS down for maint. o well.
120 days you musta been poppin outta yer skull,how were the trich's? %age wise?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
cellardweller said:
..well the site IS down for maint. o well.
120 days you musta been poppin outta yer skull,how were the trich's? %age wise?

I'd only planned on 70 days but my Sensi Seeds SilverHaze were DOA. This was one of my freebies. I'm still learning the trich thing. I was seeing clear clear trichs and a few clear amber trichs but nothing that I would've called cloudy. As in cloudlike, white, opaque, marshmellowy, ice cream. It may be I chopped too early. It may be that cloudy means 99.44% transparent as opposed to 100% transparent. Hopefully, this plant will go longer and I'll find out.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
cellardweller said:

Yeah-way.

First rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about Fight Club. I spent decades not talking about Fight Club.

Until I came here and discovered CMH and DWC and ScROG and EC and Lucas Formulas (well, actually, I discovered the Lucas Formula all by my lonesome about 10-12 years ago. Long before I heard of the innerwebz or thought to write it up as the Freezerboy Formula©™) anyway, I was a harvest by hairs kinda guy. What did I know? I didn't have anyone to talk to because, the first rule of Fight Club is ...

Maybe I'm blind (legally I am without glasses) Maybe there was nothing to see. Maybe cloudy doesn't mean having a cloud like appearance (white, opaque, ice cream.) Give me a break. This was my first shot, I've only been doing this for a matter of days. :cuss:

:laughing:

:wave:

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
OK. Final talley. 120 grams (4.2 oz) of smoking buds.

Mythological pretend numbers:
Adjusted for smoking along the way - 141.2 g (5 oz)
Adjusted to air cure - 235.3 g (8.3 oz)

(Notes: I'm using a postal scale that measures in 1/4 oz or 5 gram increments. I smoked liberally along the way. I'm guessing about 20% but I calculated at 15%. I water cured for a weight loss of 85% rather than air cure's 75%. Figure does not include spindles, smaller popcorn or leaf trim for cannabutter)

OK so I don't think I'll win any ribbons at Ye Olde County Faire. I'm pleased. There were a lot of firsts. Went nearly twice as long as I'd planned. I learned a great deal. Wilma's granddaughter is flowering away as we speak and I am blitzed. That's right BLITZED!. I smoked some of the New Year's Eve bud. HAH! Whatcha gonna do about it?

C

cellardweller

:wave: Hi FB
I posted a ques about the Lucas Formula earlier today but it seems to have vanished.can you splain a lil more about it to us?
Thanks!
~cd

FreezerBoy

Veteran
The Lucas Formula essentially says of the three part GH nutrients, you don't need FloraGrow (green) only FloraMicro (brown) and FloraBloom (pink). The Lucas formula's numbers (0-8-16) refer to FloraGrow ,FloraMicro, FloraBloom in that order.

Officially, start with 0-8-16 ml per gallon in the res. Res levels are maintained by adding nute-free water until you've added as much as the rez originally contained. Flush and start over. Many here don't bother with the flush.

I "discovered" it in the wild when I first moved indoors. I was trying to match feeding formulas listed in NPK. These ratios were impossible to hit with GH but, by removing the Grow solution I could come real close. Removing the Grow had no effect on the garden, good or bad. It did however, cut my nute expenses by 33%. It never occurred to me to formally declare it the FreezerBoy formula.

I prefer to use as a proportion rather than a formula. My Thunks prefer 0-3-6. Still a bit too rich but, this causes a mild upswing in EC and drop in pH. Tap water drops EC and raises pH back to original levels.

D

Don Cotyle

Hi FreezerBoy! Hope you don't mind if I add one little bit of info on the Lucas formula?

You can go the whole grow without flushing, but its up to your personal prefferance! You can give a good flush the last 7 or so days and run strait RO water, this will help remove unwanted sugars and starches for a less harsh smoke ;)

Seedlings don't need any nutrients till the first set of 2 round seed half feeder leaves( cotyledons) yellow out, then you can start useing the formula at a reduced rate of 0-2-4 ml of grow- micro-bloom per gallon in your rez tank. Gradually raise this to 0-4-8 when plants are 4-5" tall, then 0-6-12 when they are 7-8" tall, and when they are 10-12" tall or when you go into flowering stage you can go to full strength 0-8-16. You'll be able to judge this for yourself when you think they are at their comfortable range, light-medium of heavy feeders!!! Hope this helps, you don't want to nuke your plants with nutrients and burn em!

Thanks FB, you ARE the FreezerKing, beautiful grow!!! :headbange
Peace Don!

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I start with a "standard" one inch air gap between the bottom of the netpot and the waterline. She drinks about 2 gallons a week. I top off every two weeks, when the air gap is 4-5 inches. Note I'm using a "60" gallon airpump in 12 gallons of water with two 12" airstones so I got LotsO'Bubbles.

I marked the tub with 2 gal increments. Problem was, once the tub was covered and the plant filled the ScROG, there wasn't enough light below to cast a shadow on the waterline. This grow, I turned the tub around. With the scale in the back, I can lift the front corner and read exactly how much I need to add.

Here's a shot of Wilma's Granddaughter at 12.5 weeks of 12/12

debritto

Hi FreezerBoy, Great thread & Congratulation on your harvest!

I have a thought for you to play around with! I've seen someone drill two vertical holes in the front and run a clear plastic tube to keep track of the waterline. The water enters from the lower hole and runs up the tube. Peace

D

Don Cotyle

At it again I see! I was wondering when you were gonna showoff Wilmas granddaughter!!! Looking good as always!

It's Log it's Log it's better than bad it's GOOD!

STIMPY!!! Whats that growing out of the log in your litter box???

:laughing: Waiting for harvest figured I'd play a bit! :headbange

FreezerBoy

Veteran
debritto said:
drill two vertical holes in the front and run a clear plastic tube to keep track of the waterline.
Hey Debritto! That's a great idea. I've held off on drilling below the waterline but, with summer coming on and growin DWC in the garage, I've been seriously thinking of an Ice Probe. Maybe I'll try it then.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:

Clowtown's growing in peanut butter and you're growing in tree stumps. The world's gone MAD! Mad, I say! Seriously though, is that real or Photoshop?

D

Don Cotyle

It's the real deal! I saw this piece of wood outside my house and it had a tiny maple tree growing out of it, that's what gave me the idea! It's in a 10" pot of soil with lava rocks around it. Funny things happen when your in flowering stage waiting for the next harvest. If it's a male I'll chop and later on I'll try to replace it with a female clone!

Latest posts

Latest posts