What's new

24x16x10 brand new build

Rotel

Had plumbing in horse barns in Missouri, problem was it froze in winter so we had to walk to the creek and bust ice to haul water up to the horses.

I doubt he will have freeze issues.

Where's the water come from?

Seriously, I'm told you can't have plumbing in a barn.

you can do anything you want once the inspector leaves:moon:

mine comes from 300yards away at the main house, ran underground 3ft and brought up thru the freeze line in an insulated 6inch round pipe and into the heated building

that's one of them things they tell you cuz they don't want a live-able structure that doesn't meet typical building codes

my garage is basically an apartment, minus an actual bed...but I do have a nice leather couch, cable TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, George foreman grill, toaster oven and outdoor gas grill....AND WATER!

ill throw up some new pics....place got revamped since I posted the first pics....way more space being used and very much more organized to work in

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
you can do anything you want once the inspector leaves:moon:

mine comes from 300yards away at the main house, ran underground 3ft and brought up thru the freeze line in an insulated 6inch round pipe and into the heated building

that's one of them things they tell you cuz they don't want a live-able structure that doesn't meet typical building codes

my garage is basically an apartment, minus an actual bed...but I do have a nice leather couch, cable TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, George foreman grill, toaster oven and outdoor gas grill....AND WATER!

Nice. Yeah I figured it was to prevent moving the whole family into outbuildings.
Were you able to run the 6" pipe before the concrete was poured or did you have to go back and bust up the concrete post inspection?

How about drainage? Do you have drainage to deal with? I figure a gray-water field of some sort could be arranged. Lots of questions over here as I'm looking at putting up a similar sized barn on my property.

Hope you don't mind the questions but this is what I've been looking to do and just don't have all the answers yet. Thanks man, love the thread.

Nice. Yeah I figured it was to prevent moving the whole family into outbuildings.
Were you able to run the 6" pipe before the concrete was poured or did you have to go back and bust up the concrete post inspection?

How about drainage? Do you have drainage to deal with? I figure a gray-water field of some sort could be arranged. Lots of questions over here as I'm looking at putting up a similar sized barn on my property.

Hope you don't mind the questions but this is what I've been looking to do and just don't have all the answers yet. Thanks man, love the thread.

I do concrete for a living so I ran pipe b4 hand to a specific place and just covered it up with a bundle of insulation when the inspector came to look at the final framework and check the elec panel hookups... Also ran pipe under slab for when I pump out my ressys and it works its way down and far away from the building......rented a trencher for a day and dug a ditch 40yards thru the woods, laid pipe(2 inch) and covered it all back up...LOL, I even put a urinal in the building that goes into the same line, simple water line hookup and tada! And I installed a French drain for behind the building that goes into a field then down towards the nearest street for building concerns

building runs like a top now!!!!

Only suggestion that I would make would be to get some reflectors that position your bulbs in a horizontal position. I really think your numbers would go up considerably.

nk14zp

thanks everyone, its been ALOT of work...started in late may and here we are today

that 1 bucket is a DWC for a new momma....I try to get em nice and bushy, then toss em in some soil for the long haul....my other moms are about 7 feet tall now and its time to go go!

Im still trying to figure out the air exchange situation, seems im pulling way too hard and taking out to much of the cooler air too fast, making temps a lil hotter than id like....any ideas?

Im pulling with a 12inch 1800cfm fan, I already tried to put it on a speed controller and it over heated the unit and shut it down at about medium-high, sooo that's kinda out....im thinking maybe now I have to close up some of the intake hole, also was guna put another 8inch filter on the line with the other one and try to slow it down a lil bit..

rocking a 36,000btu fujitsu mini split now, I know im going to have to add something more tho

im a noob to a BIG room, been growing for 9 years now but was in a 10x11 for years with 4400watts, this is a lil bit new to me and finding that swet spot is a pain

Any way to add a restriction to the exhaust like a stove damper?

wow, aint checked this a looong time!

since C02, shit is crankin!!! 20lbs a run right now(10wks), hope for more but its pretty optimal now. Ill toss up a few pics in a couple days.

No kinks or situations for a while now.

Latest posts

Latest posts