What's new

24x16x10 brand new build

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
cool grow i love seeing fresh buildout pics. i can empathize with the workload, we started out 40kw in february of 2014 and didn't get a crop plugged and growing until september, its definately a fucking ton of work building a grow from scratch.

the first pic shows a frame but no foundation? did y'all pour the concrete slab after framing or something? also really like that workbench setup pretty clean. and yea id recommend upgrading the mini splits to central ACs if funds and time allow, works way better.

Lookin nice man! The deficiency looks like magnesium from here, but could be potash. Can you get few closer pics? How high are you feeding in Ec? Whats the ph trend been like?

thanks for lookin in...I was thinking CalMag too but I add Epsom salts in week 1-2, might not be enough tho

My PPMs are in the 1200-1400 range thru bloom and PH is from 5.6-6.0

Awesome work. The carts are great and the little window box planter rigs on the wall, haha.. love it!

What are your yields per 1k with the vertical lamp above the canopy like that? I dangled 9 sixers like this in a bedroom once or twice and despite not having the bulbs dropped into the canopy the yields were still decent.

I'm with Smurf, that large leaf that we can see right there in the empty square. Does look a lot like Mg def to me.

It looks like you put a lot of work into making a really clean & proper room. Congrats!
Why the 6 Gal jugs up on the top shelf if I might ask? Ya must be ripped. Killer bench and work area though. I love these kinda pics. My shit is in a bit of dis-array right now so I appreciate the inspiration.
I just pulled my first run out of the small wall tables, did 6 plants per tray, so 12 all together and got 11oz from a useless space that had nothing and a $60 investment, I think itll go way higher cuz I put them things in super small

I run my stuff by the row as you can see, which is around a 4.5 to 5.5lb per row, which to me is shit, it should be doing MUCH more but im battling gnats right now, so I think that's a major issue that's holding me back

6 gallon jugs are my nutes, GH 3 part

cool grow i love seeing fresh buildout pics. i can empathize with the workload, we started out 40kw in february of 2014 and didn't get a crop plugged and growing until september, its definately a fucking ton of work building a grow from scratch.

the first pic shows a frame but no foundation? did y'all pour the concrete slab after framing or something? also really like that workbench setup pretty clean. and yea id recommend upgrading the mini splits to central ACs if funds and time allow, works way better.

Its a pole barn, so no need for a footing, just drill holes, drop in concrete base "pills" and land the posts, frame it all level and plumb then I poured the floor after the building was completed

Me and a buddy built the entire thing from start to finish in about 4 days of about 7-10 hours per day

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
thanks for lookin in...I was thinking CalMag too but I add Epsom salts in week 1-2, might not be enough tho

My PPMs are in the 1200-1400 range thru bloom and PH is from 5.6-6.0

Ok. If you think your adding enough Mg, then i would deduce that the problem is that element is present in the media, but not availiable. It could be locked up by phosphates, potash, calcium, or the ph is too low.

I suggest trying to do 6.0-6.3ph and see what happens. This will open up Mg availiabilty. This should help, even if some is locked up by other elements. Are you using r/o water? And pk boosters?

I grow in coco coir. So my feeding levels are way lower than yours (750ppm max @ 0.5conv). If you are on the same conv scale as me then that means you are running about 2.4-2.8 Ec! That seems like a food program more for hydroponic tomatoes, as they require much more than our plant. Maybe try running 800-1000ppm for a while, as well as doing the ph adjustment.

During signs of deficiency, the biggest mistake i see growers make is to add more stuff to correct it. If you dont know what your seeing or why its happening, flush with mild nutes, adjust ph, and go from there. The first thing you will see on an underfed plant is a nitrogen def, followed by Mg, and then Ca a while after. So if there is no nitro deficiency first, then more than likely the soil has enough food, but the plants just cant access some of it. Just my 2cents bud.

Ok. If you think your adding enough Mg, then i would deduce that the problem is that element is present in the media, but not availiable. It could be locked up by phosphates, potash, calcium, or the ph is too low.

I suggest trying to do 6.0-6.3ph and see what happens. This will open up Mg availiabilty. This should help, even if some is locked up by other elements. Are you using r/o water? And pk boosters?

I grow in coco coir. So my feeding levels are way lower than yours (750ppm max @ 0.5conv). If you are on the same conv scale as me then that means you are running about 2.4-2.8 Ec! That seems like a food program more for hydroponic tomatoes, as they require much more than our plant. Maybe try running 800-1000ppm for a while, as well as doing the ph adjustment.

During signs of deficiency, the biggest mistake i see growers make is to add more stuff to correct it. If you dont know what your seeing or why its happening, flush with mild nutes, adjust ph, and go from there. The first thing you will see on an underfed plant is a nitrogen def, followed by Mg, and then Ca a while after. So if there is no nitro deficiency first, then more than likely the soil has enough food, but the plants just cant access some of it. Just my 2cents bud.

10-4 on that info man...ill give her a try in 1 of my tables and see how she goes. I run an aggressive nute schedule done by a buddy years ago when he was working for the mad farmer (MOAB) on a few projects, its all been smooth sailing for 7 years till I added the Co2 and then things got weird and crispy around week 4-5...just cant seem to figure it out, I did lower the nutes by about 5 gallons per 40gal RES and saw a bit of a help but still getting weird

My Pre98 bubba and Dabney BLue can take it but the others are getting beatup

Kilok

Nice work dude, I should have something similar near the end of the year, for now im content with 1200watts hps, learning how to grow again, after a two year break.

Its a pole barn, so no need for a footing, just drill holes, drop in concrete base "pills" and land the posts, frame it all level and plumb then I poured the floor after the building was completed

Me and a buddy built the entire thing from start to finish in about 4 days of about 7-10 hours per day

Holy shit are you serious? :jawdrop:

It took me weeks just to retrofit a shed on my property :laughing:

Do you have any previous carpentry/contractor experience?

I take my hat off, sir :tiphat:

Holy shit are you serious? :jawdrop:

It took me weeks just to retrofit a shed on my property :laughing:

Do you have any previous carpentry/contractor experience?

I take my hat off, sir :tiphat:
A remodel wil lalways take longer than new build but ive built/framed houses for a few years and work in the industry too but doing a pole barn is damn near like doing legos or Lincoln logs, you have to try to fuck it up to get it wrong

O

old outlaw

you deserve a big well done, I built a metal pole barn type building 50 yrs ago by myself and it took me a few months, it was 48 x 32. at my age now it would take years, lol.

Lookin nice man! The deficiency looks like magnesium from here, but could be potash. Can you get few closer pics? How high are you feeding in Ec? Whats the ph trend been like?

Hey...well it was the Co2 gen that was th issue, it wasn't burning correctly and was offgassing ETHELYNE and killing my shit!

Got a new 8 burner setup and the difference is night and day on how the flame looks, sucked it took that long to figure out tho...

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Glad you figured it out. I had a buddy with this prob once. He never cleaned his equipment. Not saying you dont.

Were the leaves senescing and dropping off? Any signs of epinasty? These are usually common byproducts of ethylene toxcicity.

Have the plants recovered or is it too early to tell?

Glad you figured it out. I had a buddy with this prob once. He never cleaned his equipment. Not saying you dont.

Were the leaves senescing and dropping off? Any signs of epinasty? These are usually common byproducts of ethylene toxcicity.

Have the plants recovered or is it too early to tell?

The genny that was bad was only 5 weeks old, worked great for 2 weeks then things started getting bad from there on

I took it apart, cleaned it like a madman and it still burned yellow with soot from the flame tips...adjusted the flow rate, still sucked and so on...did everything I could do on my end.

Not guna lie, I had to lookup those 2 words, lol...but yea that's exactly whats going on...it literally looked like 1 of every type of traditional plant deficiency, It was racking my brain baaaad

my 4 main plants I run have been with me and my same setup for over 6 years, I just know how to read them and when this started I was completely lost, thought I had some type of off the wall bug that I wasn't seeing or a rootbase issue of some sort I couldn't see either

but got a new 8 burner and it burns perfectly...so we'll see I nthe next few weeks whats up and how the plants respond

Thanks for the attention to my issue man, I really appreciate it

Speaking of problems I never hope to have...

And I've been lurking, but I've been using your photos to describe to the people I work with what a good 1 psf SOG op should look like. Just so you know :)

Latest posts

Latest posts