What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'23 Garden Offerings.

Old Ford

SeedStockers

Triton Biscotto Lime auto
110.JPG
111.JPG
113.JPG
114.JPG
118.JPG
119.JPG
121.JPG

Old Ford

SeedStockers

Can't believe such a massive and healthy monster is housed in such a tiny pot. Amazing work sir
Cheers mate. I have played with various pot sizes over last few years.

I tried smaller pots last year, with great results , i knew i was sick and wanted to try small manageable pots , now across 7.5 , 10 , 15 ltr pots ... all with same cultivars in same medium , there wasnt enough variance & end results to warrant the bigger pots. So i remained in 7.5 ltr pots.
Think the hay medium working its part too as only 3 generic wet feeds.

Old Ford

@Swamp Thang

I did have a play with 1 ltr pots and fems last year !

The SeedStockers Mac & Crack & RGSC Super 61 .... both were unreal !!!
Both big ass plants for 1 ltrs and both offered up a good bounty. Very impressed.
Everything i have this year is in a smaller than normal pot , except the DP Shaman as its in 30 ltrs.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
@Swamp Thang

I did have a play with 1 ltr pots and fems last year !

The SeedStockers Mac & Crack & RGSC Super 61 .... both were unreal !!!
Both big ass plants for 1 ltrs and both offered up a good bounty. Very impressed.
Everything i have this year is in a smaller than normal pot , except the DP Shaman as its in 30 ltrs.
One liter pots is amazingly small for grown plants. I've got a few mother plants of which I'm about to up-pot some from 1 to 2-liter pots, so it is encouraging to see how larger plants can still be healthy in such confined root space.

I'm thinking of making my ten mom plants perennial Bonsai trees in 2 lite pots, with a 25% root trim annually to prevent them from getting root-bound over the years.

Old Ford

One liter pots is amazingly small for grown plants. I've got a few mother plants of which I'm about to up-pot some from 1 to 2-liter pots, so it is encouraging to see how larger plants can still be healthy in such confined root space.

I'm thinking of making my ten mom plants perennial Bonsai trees in 2 lite pots, with a 25% root trim annually to prevent them from getting root-bound over the years.

Yeah mate the 1 ltr pot was just for shits & giggles as had no more room and spare beans lol
Turned out very well though for size of pot !
I was expecting to get root bound issues but i got away with it ! More an outdoor experiment thing.
Will find pics mate
Also we got a member on another forum i frequent and he constsntly pulls off some tasty small pot runs and does very well , lets him have more variation over a small garden , quite interesting to watch !
Right ... i found the 1 ltr fem RGSC Super 61 will find the SS Mac & crack soon

Super 61
072.JPG
071.JPG
076.JPG
074.JPG
078.JPG

Chop Day

072.JPG
071.JPG
076.JPG
074.JPG
078.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
028.JPG

Old Ford

1 ltr pot Rather nice it is too , almost instant hit , the full size M&C i ran was very impressive.

SeedStockers Mac & Crack chop day
005.JPG
007.JPG
011.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG
021.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
017.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:

Old Ford

Both 1 ltr pots ... got zero love , mostly ignored and just did their own thing.

Well worth the 2 popping seeds just to see what a 1 ltr pot offers.

Outdoor , just filling in small spaces in the garden that wont take big plants , well worth it just for the challenge :) the end bounty was a bonus. Was good fun though and i reckon a full term outdoor fem in 1 ltrs when given love & manipulated could offer a very respectable.
Will be on the to do list for next season.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This is an amazing garden you have here. I wish I could grow my auto flowers outside. But every year I try and they don't grow anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts