What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

driver77

Another bud developing. Some nice frost coming in :)
20230123_100948[642].jpg

Last edited:

driver77

Thats a lot of red for the few red diodes? What's your guess on what they are...4000,660 or the advertised 3000,5000,660?
Did yours come with any company contact info?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There might have been but I didn't pay any attention to that as we can contact them through Amazon. The instruction book is all I kept.

driver77

There might have been but I didn't pay any attention to that as we can contact them through Amazon. The instruction book is all I kept.
We may be out of luck contacting through amazon....just kinda runs you in a circle with no contact method lol
I went back through my box and nothing besides the "owners manual" I was going to try to get more info from them. But looks like it is what it is.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I needed to check the timer functions on this..It uses some kind of internal timer relay. 12/12, 14/10, and 16/8 all start when the button is pressed. There is no clock setting on the remote. I took the last ICC out of the main flower room to test this function. I might as well get it done since I need t test the timer anyway. I will push the 12/12 button at 4pm so it stays on the same schedule as the main room. It should turn off at 4am. I set my alarm to check it. She was put into the main flower room on 1-1-2023, so shes got 22 days into flower at this point.

driver77

I think I found our light!
Yep, it is what it is.. At that price getting 3 harvests using it more than covers it.

look here scroll down and you'll see our hinges on the fixture. Looks like it is 3000,5000,660 and they are their proprietary LED's Apparently they were:

Best 2021 Full Spectrum Hydroponic Waterproof 800W Indoor Plants Dimmable foldable Strip Bar Led Grow Light-GLAMOROUS manufacturers From China​

lol.....looks like the parent company...Beyirey, makes the light with a few names on it.
heres the 600w version 600w scroll down it's after the video.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those hinges are very common.. I wouldn't use that as proof. The lights are very similar. I did notice in the instructions is says change/repair 3 months for failures and a 3 year warranty.

It also states that the temp can affect the timing relay causing 3-10m errors. This could cause plants to get confused. Using an external timer is a better option.

Many of the LEDS made in China use the same parts. They just look a bit different.. Adding a name to the product and who can build them the cheapest is all that companies do.

This is prob the same LED.
Full Spectrum (Spectrum can be customized)
The default model is 3000K&5000K white LED chip and red LED chip. This spectrum suit for Veg and Bloom. They don't include a wavelength chart lol.

Last edited:

driver77

Those hinges are very common.. I wouldn't use that as proof. The lights are very similar. I did notice in the instructions is says change/repair 3 months for failures and a 3 year warranty.

It also states that the temp can affect the timing relay causing 3-10m errors. This could cause plants to get confused. Using an external timer is a better option.

Many of the LEDS made in China use the same parts. They just look a bit different.. Adding a name to the product and who can build them the cheapest is all that companies do.

This is prob the same LED.
Full Spectrum (Spectrum can be customized)
The default model is 3000K&5000K white LED chip and red LED chip. This spectrum suit for Veg and Bloom. They don't include a wavelength chart lol.
I agree the led they showed was very similar to ours. I should have added that both web sites came from Beyirey's web site. They are supposedly the manufacturers of the LED's. Thats who I e-mailed with the info on the bars to see if they can confirm something, anything lol not that it matters, plants are looking really good. I have no regrets :)

Last edited:

driver77

It's not a must. I added some UV to my HLG diablo. Its fine if you want to add a 30w bar. There are cheaper versions.

Do you feel you gained anything with it?

driver77

Taken today. The different genomes are really obvious. The 2 skittles stand out. Then 3 northern lights and 2 critical 2.0, all autos of course.
20230126_145655[647].jpg

Reactions: Gry

Latest posts

Latest posts