What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

213 Watt LED Nirvana Northern Lights Grow

stj2006

Thats awesome! I'm going for a longer veg with some heavy LST'ing, maybe another 2 weeks for me! Will be keeping an eye out and hope you get some good females!
St Jimi

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks man, got my fingers crossed for you too brother !!!

GP73LPC

Veteran
on the subject of the lights.

i've tried everything short of pulling a light out, taking it to a fellow growers place and plugging it and the timer in there to see what i get. i will do this when i get the chance.

i'm beginning to believe it might be the arrays.

the lights are extremely dim, as i stated it's so dark i cannot see the plants or anything for that matter except the very dim leds. kinda like starlight, at least i am hoping.

GP73LPC

Veteran
i've asked out LED forum mod to change my thread title to:

213 Watt LED Nirvana Northern Lights Grow

should help with our new search feature.

:dance013:

stj2006

Cool thanks bro!
I'm really interested in the stretch that go through in flower, hopefully it won't be too much with them being an indica 'n' all.

Please if you can keep me(us) updated..... with as many photos as possible lol

Cheers

St Jimi

GP73LPC

Veteran
ok, a little update.

no alternating branches yet, but plant 1 has 7, very tight nodes. 6 tight nodes on plant 2 and 5 on lanky plant 3.

plant 1 is also ready to give up clones, just look at (her, fingers crossed, must be, damn, a beast)

plant 1

plant 2 - mini me

WeedIsGod

Sex. Dig the pics.

Do you have a cardboard box around those plants? Is it to capture the natural color? If so, and if you're using a point-and-shoot camera, grab a White piece of paper, go into the menu on your camera, choose "White Balance," go to set, aim the camera at the sheet of paper while under your LED's, and set the White balance to the sheet of paper. Now you can take natural color photos of your plants while under the Pink light of your LED.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran

The plants look very well. How old are they ? Do you run the LED lights at full power at this moment ? Do you intend to supplement the lights when flowering starts ? If I remember correctly you are on 12/12 from seed, or I am wrong ?

ICmag shuts down

Huh ? :jawdrop:

What do you mean by 'ICmag shuts down' ???

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
getting there. speaking of pic limits, do you know what happens when you run out of room for pics?

I am about to find out and if/when something happens I will let you know. Maybe once we have enough pics posted we get BOOTED :biggrin:

I think it will just tell me that my space is full BUT we will see as I think I only have a lil bit of space left for my account due to my 2012 and now 2013 threads and all the damn pic attachments I posted lol.

I hope they just UP our limits though and assume that is what will happen especially if you are contributing versus just wasting storage space with unwanted/unneeded files etc.

who knows though man its 3:30 in the morning and this lbk wax is KILLIN IT woohoo

GP73LPC

Veteran
Sex. Dig the pics.

Do you have a cardboard box around those plants? Is it to capture the natural color? If so, and if you're using a point-and-shoot camera, grab a White piece of paper, go into the menu on your camera, choose "White Balance," go to set, aim the camera at the sheet of paper while under your LED's, and set the White balance to the sheet of paper. Now you can take natural color photos of your plants while under the Pink light of your LED.

yes its cardboard. the cardboard was to deflect the LED lighting so i could try to capture some decent pics. a photographer i am not :D

wow, thanks for the tip, i am gonna try that. :thank you:

GP73LPC

Veteran
The plants look very well. How old are they ? Do you run the LED lights at full power at this moment ? Do you intend to supplement the lights when flowering starts ? If I remember correctly you are on 12/12 from seed, or I am wrong ?

Huh ? :jawdrop:

What do you mean by 'ICmag shuts down' ???

icmag won't shutdown, oneshot was just joking :biggrin:

plants are 27 days from Cotyledons.

my leds can only run at full power. they are full spectrum.
50% 660nm deep red
10% 630nm red
10% 600nm orange
10% 3500K warm white
20% 460nm blue

at this point i had not planned on any supplemental lighting during flowering. if i do, i will prolly get some warm white and cool white led bulbs from home depot.

was gonna go 12/12 from seed, but i will save that for clones. however, i did flip the lights to 12/12 already on these plants only because i can't have huge plants. they have been flipped for 13 days.

thanks

:tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
sure, they all have potential. i am not culling anything. i hope i have at least 1 male since i want to make seeds this run.

love this hobby :tiphat:

DocZ

Thanks -O Keeper of Bleeding TechLogs!

Thanks -O Keeper of Bleeding TechLogs!

Hi GP and fellow future Tech experimenters! :tiphat:
I'm an Old grower, new member to IC, but experienced in Cutting edge Tech; probably more on the bleeding side...
I just wanted to thank the Keeper of the Logs and Data- What a Job!
:thank you:
Good work and keep up the unbiased reporting; it has helped many of us decide whether or not to venture where only Trekkies dream; and to use the "beam me up Scotty" when the cheap, unbelievable claims reveal why they are cheap. :microwave:
I'll be posting some LED results and BOG grows in here to get my membership up to speed, but just wanted to stop by and say Hello and thanks for the info...
Good looking NNL babies, GP! :ying:
See ya'!

GP73LPC

Veteran
Hi GP and fellow future Tech experimenters! :tiphat:
I'm an Old grower, new member to IC, but experienced in Cutting edge Tech; probably more on the bleeding side...
I just wanted to thank the Keeper of the Logs and Data- What a Job!
:thank you:
Good work and keep up the unbiased reporting; it has helped many of us decide whether or not to venture where only Trekkies dream; and to use the "beam me up Scotty" when the cheap, unbelievable claims reveal why they are cheap. :microwave:
I'll be posting some LED results and BOG grows in here to get my membership up to speed, but just wanted to stop by and say Hello and thanks for the info...
Good looking NNL babies, GP! :ying:
See ya'!

hey DocZ,
very nice to meet you and always interested in following fellow LED trekkies grows.

you are welcome for the spreadsheets. they kept me motivated and involved during a time in my life when i couldn't grow. they have become a lot of work and i have about 25 other lights i need to add to them right now.

with that said, i plan on continuing the updates and making available to fellow tech experimenters the most available, compiled led retailer/manufacturer information available on the intrawebz.

my goal was to help others understand that LEDs are viable now and good enough now to grow some killer cannabis.

there is still a shitload of doubters out there, but we LED growers are winning them over 1 at a time.

thanks again , look forward to your grow thread. please PM me (if you are over 50 posts, or visitor msg me or post a link here) when you get a thread up and going.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts