What's new

205w LED vs 400w HID Let the battle begin!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Time to Flower!

Time to Flower!

I set the timer to 12/12 tonight and dunked them again, gonna use bombs on them 3 days apart in the first 2 weeks 12/12 just to be on the safe side!

Here are the pictures!

lARGEST FROM LED ON LEFT HID ON RIGHT!

B

blackburngrower

looking nice led still in front cant wait to see how they finish

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great. Do you plan on doing any training to the plants while they are flower? Do you plan on removing fan leaves to allow better light penetration? or are you going to leave the plants untouched and basically just fed?

Snype

Veteran
Damn Blaze that sucks about your mites. I bumped into this grow and I'm very interested in your LED comparison. I really want to see if you can get well over a gram per watt with them to see if it's really worth the buy. I'm sorry about your mites. I'm assuming you're in an area of growers because your mites seem to be resistant to your treatments. Luckily we don't have that problem out here. Lately I've been killing my mites with very high doses of CO2 in my sealed rooms but I love the AzaMax too. Sometimes it can take a week or so depending how sealed the room is and how much your giving them but I wish you luck and I can't wait to see the end of your test. Take care!

Y

YosemiteSam

Hey Blaze...first of all sorry about the mite problem. Hopefully you can keep them under control...doesn't look like the little bastards have hurt your plants too much.

How about some impressions of led vs hid at least for veg. Would you consider switching from hid to led at least for your vegging? I do understand to make the switch would be expensive...but what if you were setting up an operation from scratch...would it change the way you went about it? How about node spacing, is it any tighter with the leds?

Just curious to get the impressions of a grower I respect without any marketing hype involved. Thanks again for the great thread.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
why havent you tried no pest strips.they kill mites real fast. greaat looking grow . led seem to be growing great

You must not have read my thread or been following my grows.

I do use them currently and they are not worth a crap for these mites in the past they have worked well for me, But for these mites no pest strips are worthless!

The picture of the mite problem I posted earlier in this thread, Was in a 4x4 tent with 1 no pest strip per tent, I hit the plants with floramite 3 times.

Recap: I put 16 urkle in a 4x4 tent with a 1k aircooled hood, I knew the mites were on them so I hit them with floramite 3 times 5 days apart and after that I hung a no pest strip in each one of my 4x4 tents and one in my 6x3 veg room. By week 8 flower the mites were so bad worse then any mites I've ever seen personally! So the floramite no pest strips done nothing to slow these things down.

As you can see from the picture these mites were till thriving! Hot shot no pest strips work good, I have used them and reccomended them to others for years.

Trust me when I say they do not work for these mites!

supermanlives

Veteran
ooh sorry i must of missed that page. i am on dial up. hope you eradicate those resistant mites. best of luck with the borg.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hey Blaze...first of all sorry about the mite problem. Hopefully you can keep them under control...doesn't look like the little bastards have hurt your plants too much.

How about some impressions of led vs hid at least for veg. Would you consider switching from hid to led at least for your vegging? I do understand to make the switch would be expensive...but what if you were setting up an operation from scratch...would it change the way you went about it? How about node spacing, is it any tighter with the leds?

Just curious to get the impressions of a grower I respect without any marketing hype involved. Thanks again for the great thread.

Well I guess now that I am flipping them to flower and completed a full veg cycle with it, I can give my thoughts so far.

Up to this point I am quite impressed by the LED, To be fair its been ahead of the 400w agrosun gold from the start. Slightly faster initial take off and seems to have stayed ahead. The growth seems suprisingly well, Nodes are fairly tight but yet close to the same as the 400w agrosun gold bulb, The LED side seems more bushy overall with more branching. It also appears a little leafier then the HID side but with more branching that's to be expected.

Here are some pictures of the nodes or atleast the best pictures I got from the pictures I took. This is 2 pictures of the largest plant on the led side kinda close to show the nodes!

Here is a picture of the largest plant on the hid side so you can see the node spacing for comparison!

Considering how well the 205w led has worked I am thinking about switching my current veg light, I am currently using a 600w hps for my veg light, I have been thinking about getting the 345w penetrator light from LEDGirl and company. I guess we will see in the coming months if I do or not!

bulkybud

Ahhh....we are down to the meat and potatoes...LED vs HID in flowering. My chair is now firmly pulled up to watch this thread. Props to you Blaze for going through this test despite the mite problem.

:tiphat:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
blazewun
Howzit brother..?? Still the LED's are ahead of the HID.. Also are the stems thicker on the HID or on the LED? The side by side on the rooms are dominated by the LED's you cant see nothing but plant.. As for the HID you can see other than just plant... Great comparisons brother thanx for doing this im sure by yer thread it will be deciding factor for lots o peeps.. And i hate the borG F em..!!! bbl peace n pufs..

sackO

Darth Fader

Seems as if chemical treatments aren't doing it for you, then predator mites should be a no-brainer. Why throw away that much work when there is a viable solution?

Latest posts

Latest posts