What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

205w LED vs 400w HID Let the battle begin!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
blazewuN
Howzit brother..?? Man what a great thread thanx for testing and running the comparisons to the T.. I enjoyed this thread and as always watching yer gardens do their thang.. I will to wait to see if prices for the LED's come down.. until then its HID beybey.. peace n pufs..

sacKO

Relentless

Veteran
centrum terrythetrich- I COMPLETELY agree with you guys. get the prices down and more people will buy!

motdrads

I LOVE YOU MAN!!! CAN I MOVE IN WITH YOU THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME is that all done with the leds? IM CONVINCED

theFalcon

nice thread ~
it s great to see that leds can do a better gram per watt than hid .
i recently got a lighthouse 240 watt led light to supplement my 600 w hps in my flower room. it seems to be doing quite nicely~
the main reason i am writing this is i found a place to get the cheapest ( i think) quality Led lights. i payed $260 for my 240 watt with shipping. from : http://www.gothamhydroponics.com/

if you call them you can probably get a better price than if u order online. i saw their ad in ebay and it was $269 for the light - i called and talked to Victor and he told me if i sent a money order/check he would do it for the $260- with shipping. so i think the price is very doable now - plus these lights have a good warranty and are from a US company built in China ( i believe ) to their specs.

for the record i have nothing to do with lighthouse leds or gotham hydro - just a satisfied customer who thought peeps here might benefit and save some $ s.
this thread inspires me to buy a few more!:jump:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
nice thread ~
it s great to see that leds can do a better gram per watt than hid .
i recently got a lighthouse 240 watt led light to supplement my 600 w hps in my flower room. it seems to be doing quite nicely~
the main reason i am writing this is i found a place to get the cheapest ( i think) quality Led lights. i payed $260 for my 240 watt with shipping. from : http://www.gothamhydroponics.com/

if you call them you can probably get a better price than if u order online. i saw their ad in ebay and it was $269 for the light - i called and talked to Victor and he told me if i sent a money order/check he would do it for the $260- with shipping. so i think the price is very doable now - plus these lights have a good warranty and are from a US company built in China ( i believe ) to their specs.

for the record i have nothing to do with lighthouse leds or gotham hydro - just a satisfied customer who thought peeps here might benefit and save some $ s.
this thread inspires me to buy a few more!:jump:

check out several links in my sig to really see what LEDS can do...

LED Results: Grams per watt

and

LED Retailers

and

LED Grows over 1 lb...

cateros

Yeah, my numbers did show that it will take a little over a year. I also didn't include extra bulbs for HID, and didn't mention the fact that LEDs last a hell of a lot longer than HIDs do. There is no possible argument you can make that HIDs are more cost effective in anything other than the very short term.
Hid is only cost effective in my opinion if your not a legal grower and you have to worry about leo coming and tearing down all your equipment. But for a legaly licenced Canadian grower who has no worries of having his equipment confiscated the 2000 I spent on my new 336x pro compared to the 450 for switchable 1000w ballast 300 for ellicient intake fan 300 for dehumidifier 400 for air conditioner 50 for duct I spent 1500+ for my 1000w hps lights and the ventilation to keep my room under 80F that was setup I replace my hps bulbs every 2 grows so 3 times a year for 600 and my mh 1 a year for 99 and that hasn't taken cost of power into effect so yeah a low end closet grow for personal yeah cheap . for a medical grower who has a requirement of 7+grams per day at the lowest possible production cost over the 3 year warranty of my hgl light I know I am going to save enough in bulbs alone to replace the entire unit with the next unit to come along.

OgreSeeker

Considering this was THREE years ago, how far have LEDs come? Are they now comparable to HIDs yet? Can someone with experience or knowledge on this subject chime in?