What's new

2022 Outdoor Gardening in the Northeast

Autodidact

Also, here's a tapestry I picked up in Bethal Woods

full

And dinner I made last night over my newish fire pit, BBQ chicken and potatoes 😁

full

full
I like your firepit! Did it come as a kit?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I like your firepit! Did it come as a kit?
Thanks! Yes it was a kit that consisted of a full pallet of block then you could add things like the grilling ring like I did. They also have a 3 piece stone coping that you can cap it with but I didn't get that. I bought it at a landscape supply place 😁.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
14 early girls hung here, 85 to go...
bed 3 9.29.22.JPG

I pushed extra P, K, and S and have really nice frost and finish this season.

ECSD #ThanksChaco
ecsd 10.1.22.JPG

ecsd cola 10.1.22.JPG

Josh D OGK #ThanksKatsu
Josh D OGk 10.1.22..JPG

Mac1 #ThanksNilla
Mac1 10..1.22.JPG

Runtz, this is the one for the east coast finish!! #ThanksStar
Runtz 9.28.22.JPG

and thanks to my un named homies for the rest of this fire... if the current weather holds the wild ass gambles in the patch might even turn out.
bed 1 9.29.22.JPG

Ralph W. Llama

FCA0902C-05AB-454A-9FEB-130E94C4DFDA.jpeg

Damn, Chunky. My little plants can’t compete. Have to go with closeups and aroma teases then.

I call her Sunny D, a progeny of the Chelviskunk lines that mixed in a little extra Elvis and Skunk. From the name, you might guess the orangey goodness, but she brings dramatic complexity with rks smells a few feet away, blending to salty funk a little closer and then the fruit up close. Mmmm.

Autodidact

All this rain im afraid I will lose all from mold. I got some skywalker haze growing. Is been getting purple from the cold. My gelato is growing very slowing. I will have to cut it down before the frost cometh. And my sentinel standing guard. Every year I go out to my yard and collect all of the praying mattis egg sack. And in spring I put them around my garden areas.

20220930_143606.jpg
20221002_172842.jpg
20220930_140500.jpg
20220930_140526.jpg
20221002_172731.jpg

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Rained last 3 days but supposed to be beautiful next 7, fingers crossed. Lost a quarter of the MLI plant to a falling limb from a tree. Fighting the bud worms as always this time of year but caught this bug eating one so I left it alone. It's hard to see as it was hard to get a good pic because the worm blends into the leaf.

full

full

full

full

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
weather turned dope here right after I pulled a bunch that looked like it couldn't take more rain... the stuff I left up is packing on hella weight and frost every night but I'm losing lots of cola tips by leaving it out. I have plenty so I can afford to lose a few inches to get what's below more ripe.

frost damage.JPG

I'm smoking the early pickings now and they are super dank and loud, I increased my nutrition this season and got more frost, aroma, and flavor.

GMO Rootbeer 10.5.22.JPG

SFV

SFV OGK 10.5.22.JPG

92og 10.5.22.JPG

Grapefruit haze

grapefruit haze 10.2.22.JPG

Piff, she's getting frosty and solid, might put plastic over her and see if I can go an extra week or 2 beyond the rest...
UWS Piff 10.2.22.JPG

Green Squall

Rained last 3 days but supposed to be beautiful next 7, fingers crossed. Lost a quarter of the MLI plant to a falling limb from a tree. Fighting the bud worms as always this time of year but caught this bug eating one so I left it alone. It's hard to see as it was hard to get a good pic because the worm blends into the leaf.
When do you stop spraying? My last application of spinosad/DT was on Sept. 19th and I'm thinking I should of gave one more at the beginning of October, but luckily I have spotted any signs of caterpillars or droppings.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
When do you stop spraying? My last application of spinosad/DT was on Sept. 19th and I'm thinking I should of gave one more at the beginning of October, but luckily I have spotted any signs of caterpillars or droppings.
I haven't sprayed anything at all. My goal was and is to not put anything on my plants. I want plants so healthy and a bug population so diverse that everything takes care of itself. I have lost a few buds so far to worms but nothing considerable. I plan to start harvesting this week, good luck 😁

laszlokovacs

I pulled some stuff and some other stuff early over 2 weeks ago. Saw some mold on some and panicked with the rain, cold and season ending and wanted to get these down. Both Headstrong x BlurryFace plants were ready and pretty much the only plants to mold i think because of the density and early finishing in a couple weeks of rain. Got a bunch of nice fat colas even on some of the early stuff- lots more to go though. Was not at all prepared to process/harvest all of this no idea what I was getting myself into. Props to you @Chunkypigs I love your garden but goddamn thats a lot to process/dry. Beautiful though man.

Headstrong cross nug hanging- I think this nug was pictured earlier in the thread- early finisher but some mold got to both plants sadly but only around 15%. Most of the crop jarred up already now.
IMG_4674.JPG

Other Headstrong plant nug-
IMG_4790.JPG

One of the main colas on the Kraken plants- pulled this one at least 2 weeks or so early I think, mad I pulled parts of them cuz all thats left in the field is turning nice dark shades of purple. Pulled a little from all plants to sample everything- most of it is very smokeable and sticky, only about 1-2.5 weeks from being overripe.
IMG_4719.JPG

First time pressing rosing in over a year. Feels great to finally press something I grew. I need finer bags and my press is a cheap manual set up but it's fun to play with. All of these press ok... around 20% return across everything first press but im stuck with the 160 bags for now. Cherry Dragon flower rosin I believe, smokes ok, makes some mean edibles though
IMG_4755.JPG

Looks like pretty much everything else is getting chopped next weekend. Weather took a great turn for me after the last week of september- hasnt really rained much and humidity dropped a bit, cold finally brought out the colors in most of the plants. First frost that I'm aware of this season this morning- Went out right before sunrise and every bud was iced out. Looked great though, but i wish it was resin not ice lol. @St. Phatty this is the other palestinian princess pheno, pulled her today, this one turned a real dark color in late flower with the cold, the pink pistil one still has mostly light green leaves with an interesting fade going on.
IMG_4968.JPG

Half frozen Bastard bud-
IMG_4991.JPG

Grape dragon-
IMG_5004 2.JPG

Good luck to everyone! Weather seems to be cooperating for me, fall colors have been great everywhere the past two weeks.

Latest posts

Latest posts