What's new

2022 Outdoor Gardening in the Northeast

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How bout I don't? Lol. Just because I don't like pish you wanna kick me off the thread? Not trying to disrespect or be a dick, was just saying, thread early says 2022 Gardening in the Northeast.
Maybe YOU should go to 'Anything Goes' to talk about psychedelics and concerts.. I came here to talk about growing in the Northeast, was just surprised how off topic things were. No worries though. I won't go off topic myself again here.
Morning Sun Kissed NE GARDEN PiC
View attachment 18729373
fixed …

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...

Decia yo, en mi anterior mensaje borrado, que creía que "lo vuestro" era solo un malentendido debido a que quizá El Patrón había malinterpretado el humorístico -"...creia que este era un hilo de jardinería en el Noreste..."- como una afirmación/queja/disculpa al pensar que era un hilo en exclusiva para OG_No_Man (en el que invita a el resto de sus paisanos nororientales gringos a comentar), y su "invitación" al hilo de "cultivo exterior en el mundo" sería entonces un intento de ayudar, y no un intento de imposición...
...Pero como entre lo dificil que es penetrar en la mentalidad nororiental gringa, y que encima ni siquiera hablo inglés, lo borré para, como dice el refrán quijotesco, "no meterme en harina de costal ajeno, y menos sin ser molinero"...
Eso sí, mi Patrón, concluía con una tan sería como alegre petición de "buen rollito!!" (best vibes !!) de tod@s y para tod@s, que con permiso de @OG_NoMan , voy a atreverme a repetir...

Salud y suerte para tod@s, desde algun lugar también al Noreste de algún otro lugar al Suroeste, de cuyo nombre no quiero ahora acordarme...

I said, in my previous deleted message, that I thought "your thing" was just a misunderstanding because perhaps El Patrón had misinterpreted the humorous -"...I thought this was a gardening thread in the Northeast..." - as an affirmation/complaint/apology for thinking that it was an exclusive thread for OG_NoMan (in which he invites the rest of his northestern gringo countrymen to comment), and his "invitation" to the "foreign cultivation in the world" thread It would then be an attempt to help, and not an attempt to impose...
...But as between how difficult it is to penetrate the northestern gringa mentality (only joking), and on top of that I don't even speak English, I erased it to, as the quixotic saying goes, "not get into the flour of other people's sacks, and even less so without being a miller"
... That yes, my Patrón, I concluded with a so serious as cheerful request of "buen rollito !!" ("good/better/best vibes !!") from everyone and for everyone, that with permission from OG_NoMan , I'm going dare to repeat...

Health and luck to everyone, from somewhere to the Northest from somewhere to the Southwest, whose name I don't want to remember right now...

Y buen rollito !!
(with music from a singer also from the extreme Northest...although from the extreme Northest of my country in this case, heh)

...haaaaaaahop !!

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Did some staking and tying to train a little. Just threw more gypsum and worm castings so hopefully we get the rain forecasted for tonight. Good luck all

full

full

full

full

full

full

Ralph W. Llama

4973D5A0-68C4-45F0-BFC9-7E3E551967F8.jpeg
This year’s outdoor choice is a cross I made in the early aughts and just started exploring a few years ago. She’s an Island Sweet Skunk x (Elvish#4xSkunk#1) that leans towards the old skunk in flavor, spicy funk, and has a happy up effect. Finish time comes around the end of September or early October, just before the first typically heavy frost or snow in the second week. She needs a little trim before budding kicks in, extra bushy clone to start, otherwise pretty happy with the progress so far.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decia yo, en mi anterior mensaje borrado, que creía que "lo vuestro" era solo un malentendido debido a que quizá El Patrón había malinterpretado el humorístico -"...creia que este era un hilo de jardinería en el Noreste..."- como una afirmación/queja/disculpa al pensar que era un hilo en exclusiva para OG_No_Man (en el que invita a el resto de sus paisanos nororientales gringos a comentar), y su "invitación" al hilo de "cultivo exterior en el mundo" sería entonces un intento de ayudar, y no un intento de imposición...
...Pero como entre lo dificil que es penetrar en la mentalidad nororiental gringa, y que encima ni siquiera hablo inglés, lo borré para, como dice el refrán quijotesco, "no meterme en harina de costal ajeno, y menos sin ser molinero"...
Eso sí, mi Patrón, concluía con una tan sería como alegre petición de "buen rollito!!" (best vibes !!) de tod@s y para tod@s, que con permiso de @OG_NoMan , voy a atreverme a repetir...

Salud y suerte para tod@s, desde algun lugar también al Noreste de algún otro lugar al Suroeste, de cuyo nombre no quiero ahora acordarme...

I said, in my previous deleted message, that I thought "your thing" was just a misunderstanding because perhaps El Patrón had misinterpreted the humorous -"...I thought this was a gardening thread in the Northeast..." - as an affirmation/complaint/apology for thinking that it was an exclusive thread for OG_NoMan (in which he invites the rest of his northestern gringo countrymen to comment), and his "invitation" to the "foreign cultivation in the world" thread It would then be an attempt to help, and not an attempt to impose...
...But as between how difficult it is to penetrate the northestern gringa mentality (only joking), and on top of that I don't even speak English, I erased it to, as the quixotic saying goes, "not get into the flour of other people's sacks, and even less so without being a miller"
... That yes, my Patrón, I concluded with a so serious as cheerful request of "buen rollito !!" ("good/better/best vibes !!") from everyone and for everyone, that with permission from OG_NoMan , I'm going dare to repeat...

Health and luck to everyone, from somewhere to the Northest from somewhere to the Southwest, whose name I don't want to remember right now...

Y buen rollito !!
(with music from a singer also from the extreme Northest...although from the extreme Northest of my country in this case, heh)

...haaaaaaahop !!

No …not you …:smoker:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18731712 This year’s outdoor choice is a cross I made in the early aughts and just started exploring a few years ago. She’s an Island Sweet Skunk x (Elvish#4xSkunk#1) that leans towards the old skunk in flavor, spicy funk, and has a happy up effect. Finish time comes around the end of September or early October, just before the first typically heavy frost or snow in the second week. She needs a little trim before budding kicks in, extra bushy clone to start, otherwise pretty happy with the progress so far.
Nice bush Ralph

Ralph W. Llama

E1DDC154-54F9-4669-A240-D9D36B916C04.jpeg
She’s a tester from an Ace cross, Zamalkali x Chelviskunk#3. The quick response to flowering, a remarkably short cycle and open bud structure indoors was intriguing enough to throw one out this summer. The aromas and flavors were full foul old man breath and peaty dirt, with mellow to sleepy effects. Got to have the range of experiences, not just electric soaring. ;)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
bed 1 is really taking off nice now.
patch end 7.14.22.JPG

DSC_0478.JPG

hoping to plant this without tilling next season, seeded more clover, hate it when my ground cover looks patchy. my chill zone for bed 1 has chair...

start patch 7.14.22.JPG

and a hammock.

hammock.JPG

nothing but a chair over in bed 3

Bed 3 partial 7.11.22.JPG

working up bed 4 now for my seed starts first i till up the native sod then work in compost, rice hulls, minerals, then finally perlite.

bed 4 build copost.JPG

bed 4 build rice hulls.JPG

bed 4 build ready for perlite and minerals.JPG

bed 4 build perlite.JPG

Just doing my part to ensure there's too much weed next year, blame me for the #Overgrow

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Getting some much needed rain here also 😁. Been recovering from phish and preparing for next week's phishing trip to Bethal 😎. Wish I could live on tour but the 3 kids I have... The garden has been doing well, been hammering it with top dressing bio alive, worm castings, and gypsum. Will probably hit a couple rounds of fish emulsion come begining and mid August to bump it all up a notch for flower. They are all 4-5 foot mini bushes at this point except one that's about 3 foot. The 3 footer is very OGKB which is where it gets the slow veg from I think.

full

full

full

full

laszlokovacs

Bunch of these passed the 5 foot mark a few days ago. They seem to be truckin' on just feeding/topdressing occasionally mostly fish emulsion and organic dry amendments so far. This is still all new to me, when do you guys' plants normally start flowering outside? Guessing it will start very soon- cant tell if these girls started to stretch yet.
IMG_4288.JPG

Green Squall

Mosquitos and leafhoppers! Lil bastards will do some damage, DE works well. Deet for the skeeters.
Leafhoppers fucked with me good this year. Never seen them so bad....I sprayed a single application of Pyrethrin and haven't noticed a single one the last couple days. I might do one more application at the end of the week, then I'm done.