What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2022 Outdoor Gardening in the Northeast

Petrochemical

I enjoy watching your progress i just dont hit the like button much anymore...i figure my appreciation for your efforts/results will be conveyed in my vernacular.
I had a very similar yard to enjoy my outdoors as well....planting in old coffee sacks of burlap from green mtn coffee back before they were nationwide......
Ive learned to take what info i can glean from others whom are successful with similarly frugal approach to spending on all my gardens cause i can be impulsive in stores.
Thankyou for your effort and willingness to share.

dirty-joe

Thank you :rasta:
Also when you posted your first pictures in this thread, The big tree with the rocks in front, I was thinking that was maybe on a lake shore. Had no idea it was in your back yard. Shangri-la.

Frankly the pool is awesome, I love it, but I would not want the hassle of keeping it clean. Keeping the bugs, and debris out of my rain barrel is enough for me. Kudos to you.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Finally seem to be heading in the right direction 😁. The plants seem to be growing again, have nice color, and leaves prey or are flat most of the time. Threw down some more bio alive last Friday sprinkled around and scratched into the top. Will be throwing some gypsum down this week and probably go back and forth every other week. Gotta grab some more worm castings to throw a little every week.

full

One is still a little sad
full

full

Green Squall

The Charlie Sheen OG's and mystery Bodhi plants are doing well and I'm happy with the size so far, but pests have really been going to town on them, worse than in previous years, so I gave them a spray with some Captain Jacks Dead Bug the other day. I think its mostly leafhoppers, but maybe caterpillars too? I usually don't encounter those until flowering. Maybe I should spray some BT just to be safe....

Couldn't find any marsh grass bales to keep the weeds down this year, so I'm weed whacking every 10 days or so. One of these days I'll invest in a rototiller to make my life easier... Most of my veggies are out front this year, but still managed to fit in a winter squash plant, herbs and a gifted raspberry plant.

csog.jpg
wideshot.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agárrense los machos, que ya está aquí el Patrón del Noreste...

How is my Patrón doing? How is his health? And with what cannabis forest cover does my Patrón plan to green even more the already green and humid lands of the gringo Northeast?

Salud a espuertas.

Lol…I’m running hybrids including Nevilis Haze /C-5 mango…Much apologies that you never got seeds from me I feel like terrible about it…If you want to retry PM me your address amigo

Montuno

...como el Son...
Lol…I’m running hybrids including Nevilis Haze /C-5 mango…Much apologies that you never got seeds from me I feel like terrible about it…If you want to retry PM me your address amigo
Oh, no! My Patron's memory fails him slightly: he offered me whatever I wanted (including O. Haze) and asked for my address; it was me who told him that I already had O. Hazes and hybrids of it (including with I think Colombian Gold'72) thanks to our Germanic and generous benefactor @MadMac, and that he'd better reserve them for you or for those who were not lucky enough to have them. In fact, I continue to appreciate your kind offer, which undoubtedly speaks of the quality and warmth of your person.
The one who did promise to send Iberian acorn-fed ham to MadMac and ended up eating it himself and his niece both times because a nearby farmer gave me slices of packaged ham...is me, I'm afraid.

As for that Neville Haze/C5 Mango (I have also seen in another thread MadMac's [ O. Haze X (The Doors X O. Haze)] or similar). I assume in your climate and without a greenhouse you will have to bring them outside in pots so you can finish them indoors in your fall...

By the way, I have a question for my Patrón (now that none of those "Haze Talibans" are listening to us, heh, heh): how would you describe and value the differences in potency and psychoactive quality between the O. Haze vs. hybrids the Haze with The Doors or the same Neville's Haze X C5 Mango?

(And please, convey my apologies to OG_NoMan and the rest of his compatriots in the green Northeast for this Bad Hombre's blatant meddling).

Mucha salud para tod@s.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
I enjoy watching your progress i just dont hit the like button much anymore...i figure my appreciation for your efforts/results will be conveyed in my vernacular.
I had a very similar yard to enjoy my outdoors as well....planting in old coffee sacks of burlap from green mtn coffee back before they were nationwide......
Ive learned to take what info i can glean from others whom are successful with similarly frugal approach to spending on all my gardens cause i can be impulsive in stores.
Thankyou for your effort and willingness to share.

Hombreeeee, el Petroquímico !!!

Are you also in the Northeast USA? What are you growing, my amigo?

Petrochemical

Spanked this year
Outdoor area needs lead remediation
May use hemp to pull it out and then incinerate the hemp once done....then ill be able to grow there.
Trying to locally source soil grown good flowers. I guess im a snob because i prefer soil over hydro lol
How are u montuno?

Montuno

...como el Son...
Spanked this year
Outdoor area needs lead remediation
May use hemp to pull it out and then incinerate the hemp once done....then ill be able to grow there.
Trying to locally source soil grown good flowers. I guess im a snob because i prefer soil over hydro lol
How are u montuno?
Caramba!! How did your soil get contaminated with lead?!? Beware that lead, which is a very serious thing...

About me and "my here"...:
The liter of diesel or gasoline costs more than 2 USA $, we still have half of our air force on the Russian border, war drums are heard between Algeria and Morocco, and yesterday the Moroccan police and army killed almost 30 sub-Saharan Africans (can we say "blacks"?) who were trying to storm the fence of the land border to pass here...and I have been unemployed since January.
I'm fine as long as we don't go into too much detail, heh, heh...
Salud!

Montuno

...como el Son...
Sanded boards and painting on the preexisting property all like quadruple coats of lead paint. It was used alot up here

Now I understand...: I was trying to imagine how something so serious could have happened to you...: here their use was banned for the interior of any building (whether for housing or not)... in 1926 (practically a century ago). In the 80's of the last century I think it was already forbidden to use it in any other way.

Here, to sand and remove such paints within the legality, it must be done following some safety rules that include the use of respiratory protection FFP3 and body, waste collection and transportation to the authorized point to collect these...

If the lead levels of these residues are so high that they have contaminated the surrounding soil, be very cautious with indoor contamination and even more so if you have children.

I hope all goes well. Best wishes on this matter.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Caramba!! How did your soil get contaminated with lead?!? Beware that lead, which is a very serious thing...

About me and "my here"...:
The liter of diesel or gasoline costs more than 2 USA $, we still have half of our air force on the Russian border, war drums are heard between Algeria and Morocco, and yesterday the Moroccan police and army killed almost 30 sub-Saharan Africans (can we say "blacks"?) who were trying to storm the fence of the land border to pass here...and I have been unemployed since January.
I'm fine as long as we don't go into too much detail, heh, heh...
Salud!
Sounds like a shit show for you ..excuse me for butting in

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, no! My Patron's memory fails him slightly: he offered me whatever I wanted (including O. Haze) and asked for my address; it was me who told him that I already had O. Hazes and hybrids of it (including with I think Colombian Gold'72) thanks to our Germanic and generous benefactor @MadMac, and that he'd better reserve them for you or for those who were not lucky enough to have them. In fact, I continue to appreciate your kind offer, which undoubtedly speaks of the quality and warmth of your person.
The one who did promise to send Iberian acorn-fed ham to MadMac and ended up eating it himself and his niece both times because a nearby farmer gave me slices of packaged ham...is me, I'm afraid.

As for that Neville Haze/C5 Mango (I have also seen in another thread MadMac's [ O. Haze X (The Doors X O. Haze)] or similar). I assume in your climate and without a greenhouse you will have to bring them outside in pots so you can finish them indoors in your fall...

By the way, I have a question for my Patrón (now that none of those "Haze Talibans" are listening to us, heh, heh): how would you describe and value the differences in potency and psychoactive quality between the O. Haze vs. hybrids the Haze with The Doors or the same Neville's Haze X C5 Mango?

(And please, convey my apologies to OG_NoMan and the rest of his compatriots in the green Northeast for this Bad Hombre's blatant meddling).

Mucha salud para tod@s.
@Montuno .. of the three that you mentioned the Nev Haze x C5 Mango is my fave Just because it’s a little bit stronger and the taste is sweeter which is more towards my liking all three are extremely psychoactive... The original Haze has more of a woody type flavor and maybe a slightly more colorful type of affect.not quite as potent But still satisfying .. the Doors/Haze/Haze Has extremely big yields grows similar to Haze but smokes more like a hybrid >>>
0749BCC7-14DB-479A-951C-EBE36B930315.jpeg
197E8D27-CABF-40F0-98D9-866C9BA67921.jpeg
1628EEAE-2F57-4FF0-BAFE-853E9201A0C0.jpeg
9BB49B54-3B43-44E9-9F06-B2B38860FC66.jpeg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Sounds like a shit show for you ..excuse me for butting in
Well, my friend, probably I sound worse than my reality is...
...For better or worse I have Africa and the most unequal border in the world close by to remind me that I remained privileged.
And in the same way that when I work I get paid a lot and the state keeps a smaller part of my salary to help the unemployed, now I have state aid until November.
And I always have full free health coverage, whether I work or not (although in the Autonomous Communities, equivalent to your Federal States, governed by the right, universal and free access to health care is losing quality in order to give priority to the private health care business; mine is social democratic).
I probably eat much better than the average in the USA....
Don't worry, I don't lack anything essential, and probably half the planet would trade places with me.

But let's talk about green, my Patron, because life is always better with green...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts