What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2022 Outdoor Gardening in the Northeast

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Thanks for all the help as usual Chunky. Yeah I am pretty happy with the mineral balancing and the numbers we ran this year just wish we had a dryer season. Next year I plan to shoot for the same numbers but increase to 5 of the 6 yards of soil instead of 4 for amendment calcs to get it a bit stronger and see how that goes also plan to do 100# of rice hulls.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Started harvest today 😁. Still a lot to go but happy to get some in. My basement stinks sooo much right now.

Started with the biggest smackerz
full

full

full

Then my only Trop Cherry Cookies

full

full

full

Last plant for the day Natty Bumpo

full

full

full

Last edited:

dirty-joe

I have never done the "wash" but I do believe in it's merits.
Good Job.
I have kept a good eye on my "lonely clone" this year, I've seen very few bugs, I tend to have a good look at it as I went along, killing ants, etc.

And AS I think the Rev said once the plant is dead and hanging, most bugs will leave. ?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
feels good to get some indoors safe, for sure.
did the smackerz have any smell to it, mine is pretty quiet. how about the others?

does it seem like the mineral balancing improved anything for you?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
feels good to get some indoors safe, for sure.
did the smackerz have any smell to it, mine is pretty quiet. how about the others?

does it seem like the mineral balancing improved anything for you?
I am terrible at describing smell but yes everything is pretty to very loud, more than years past although last year was pretty good. Smackers is like a sweet funk, trop c is almost tropical skunky, and the natty is like a sour gassy funk. I hope I get to taste some with you and others that made this possible. Also yes I think the mineral balancing helped to bring out a lot of the smell as it's very complex also the stickiness is crazy. Got me changing gloves a lot. My whole neighborhood smelled this year. Wish I could have controlled watering as I think all the rain washed out some nutrition making some plants hungry. Interested in what the next soil test in spring comes back. All in all I am very happy. Thanks for all the help 🙏.

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
did not get to them ..got stuck cleaning up the rest of th3 Trop Cherry going to take them Headbands tomorrow
Yeah, I got 2 of mine all de leafed and ready to cut and clean tomorrow. Gotta try and clean up the other 3 by the weekend before the rain again. That leaf spot really got to the headband. Mostly my fault as I didn't remove enough leaves and sucker branches. The 3 weeks of covid killed me as that's when I would/should have been stripping them. First time with that headband didn't realize the care involved in getting it right. Needs a lot of staking and pruning but got a cut so there's always next year 😁.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
pulled the headband from my humid spot the 22, 25th and today from the more dry spot. she finishes early and rots from the inside out early too... the sour and headband need lots of attention cleaning out the excess. I'm really happy I went hard on the defo and it's paying off now. very little loss from fungal so far...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took 2 headband today, we'll see how they smoke. They look rough but it is what it is and mostly my fault. Might hash it or get it blasted for concentrate. Got rain coming in tomorrow and Saturday. Will get back to harvest next week.

full

full

full

full
It’s not the prettiest but it’s my favorite & smells incredible it has an earthy almost garlicky smell reminiscent of lots of other old schoolers..It’s a non-fruity ha ha

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Thanks for the pic. So it is a more leafy bud. I was a little nervous when it wasn't more nuggy. Really looking forward to tasting it as it has a nice smell and decent stickiness to it. When you mentioned a garlic like smell it clicked for me as I am not good with describing smells. Yours are definitely a bit more frosty 😉😊. Thanks for hooking it up this year, I am very grateful :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts