Veteran
It’s The Loompa Headband :sasmokin: :woohoo:
6F6B636C-AD2E-4E93-8E43-6468679E7FDB.jpeg

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting. The Loompa Headband aka Underdawg OG has no OG, and no Sour?
I can’t find any conclusive evidence about the genealogy on the net there is 1 trillion headbands most of them are watered down or they are crosses all I know is that this is the Loompa cut and I believe it is the original it’s phenomenal

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Loompa's cut grow reports shows it is growing like an OG, it's quite different from the Original Diesel clone. But your cut doesn't seems to have any OG like leaves nor structure so maybe you got the Original Diesel instead of Loompa cut idk...

Good luck with it as I'm sure it will still smoke great.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loompa's cut is growing like an OG, it's quite different from the Original Diesel clone.

Good luck with it as I'm sure it will still smoke great.
Thank you …I’ve had the Albany New York State Sour Diesel because that’s my area I haven’t seen it in a very long time can you tell me how that differs from the original diesel?The reason I’m asking is because there are similarities some between that sour diesel and this headband? I don’t think there’s any stronger weed then the Loompa?

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I've only ran the Chaco clone of ECSD, and I don't know if it's exactly the same cut of Sour Diesel as your Albany clone... So much clones being misnamed or renamed now that it only had more confusion, including for me lol...

Chaco shared some patterns in term of leaves and structure with the pictures you posted here, and in comparison it seemed way lankier (bigger internodes and overall more stretchy structure) with more foxtails while flowering than any Daywrecker pictures I saw in the past.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've only ran the Chaco clone of ECSD, and I don't know if it's exactly the same cut of Sour Diesel as your Albany clone... So much clones being misnamed or renamed now that it only had more confusion, including for me lol...

Chaco shared some patterns in term of leaves and structure with the pictures you posted here, and in comparison it seemed way lankier (bigger internodes and overall more stretchy structure) with more foxtails while flowering than any Daywrecker pictures I saw in the past.
To be completely honest I’ve never been 100% convinced that Chacos cut was exactly the original NY sour diesel that I’m familiar with ( although many people claim that it is)

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I hear you on Chaco cut authenticity but after seeing many pictures of it I saw too many similarity when comparing with pictures of ECSD that were posted by Rez and a few other well known members. The finicky part to environmental condition was matched, the nug structure, purple hues also come often in late flowering too. The only part I found weird with it was the smell and taste, not really sour and fresh fuel like some Sour D IBL I've grown but more a Chemdog like gas aroma. But I don't think I ever managed to dial it 100% to be honest, it was one of the hardest to please...

I hope this cut will suit all your needs FP. Best wishes !

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Origins and Backstory: This is the famous clone-only from Loompa of Loompa Farms. It is also known as Underdawg OG, and has been bred into seed into the popular Yeti OG. To my knowledge, it is rumored that she is a cross of OG Kush and Sour Diesel. I am not sure how true that is, but some diesel and OG ancestry is credible. She is well-known for being very exclusive, but I have seen her more in recent years than ever before. I grew her twice, and I can testify first-hand to this being a very sensitive plant. It takes a keen eye to be able to grow this one well.

Appearance: Dense, fist-sized pine cone nuggets of glory come off of a well-grown Loompa's Headband plant, with very little larf or hash material. She pitches beautifully green buds that look like Christmas trees, covered in tinsel of trichomes and bright red pistil ornaments. She has the classic OG structure to her, very appetizing to the eye.

Aroma: This is classic OG, the signature smell that regular tokers can consistently recognize with blindfolds on. She smells of jet tarmac, fuel and burning rubber, sour lemon pinesol cleaner, pine forest, sourdough and rye bread, and green plaintains. It is so complex, interesting, and high-octane smelling that it inspires one to repeatedly huff the jar. It is really something incredible, and wildly bizarre that a plant exists that smells like this one. She has the classic cannabis smell of the skunk-in-a-wet-field sort, and genuinely smelled like roadkill skunk when drying. The cure brings out even more complex flavors and depth of OG that is nothing short of exquisite. This is undeniably luxurious cannabis.

Flavor: Like her aroma, the flavor of Loompa's Headband is just incredible. Flavors of jet and drag racing fuel lead the way with heavy notes of rubber, pinesol, and pine needles. It is like experiencing a very sour race track or jet tarmac in your mouth. There is also a sort of rye bread and sourdough flavor that comes through strongly. She is sour and musty, but a different kind of musty. It is not a must and spice ala the Kush varieties, but something that almost smells like moldy bread, or older yogurt. Perhaps it is the way she was grown, but there is also a strong aftertaste of earth, loam, and wet soil. Headband and OG Kush are akin to the cannabis varietals of fine Scotch. The intense, interesting, unique flavor keeps you coming back for more, delving deeper into the stone.

Effects: Loompa's cut is hard-hitting, immediate, and behind the eyes. She is definitely indica dominant but has a strong sativa component as well. This one actually is more reminiscient of Headband than OG, and is somewhat calm and relaxed while retaining heavy potency. She is euphoric, mellow, feel-good, and very long lasting. The lingering effect of Loompa's Headband smoke has stayed with me for 3-6 hours depending on circumstances. Her full potency takes a while to creep up, but the full effect is something to behold. She is dreamy, but surprisingly not too debilitating. The satisfaction factor of this ganja is very high--this plant is so strong, happy, relaxing, sweet, and mellowing. All of the effects combine into a very satisfying smoke, making one content with minimal amounts. She is medicinal in every sense of the word, a deep soul healer and physical pain killer. This is versatile herb as far as effects go, and is great for smoking pretty much every time except early morning. Even then, it is not the worst thing in the world.

Overall Experience: This is a clone with a much-deserved reputation. One of, if not THE original Headband clone, this plant is sure to satisfy any OG, Headband, or Chem lover, and will surely leave nobody wanting in regards to potency. The appearance is the classic look of strong OG Kush cannabis, but the aroma is the classic Headband. It is so sour, musty, and fuel-piney which translates well into flavor. It is thoroughly enjoyable and begs to be enjoyed over and over, which can lead to a dreamy, but surprisingly not-too-foggy afternoon. This cannabis is a classic and will always be a favorite of mine, showing unique characteristics of the original diesel family as well as OG Kush. She makes for a unique smoke, even if one is well-versed in diesels, chem, and ogs. Even for the veteran with every elite clone in the garden, smoking Headband is satisfying and she never seems to cultivate a tolerance. It seems I can always reach for my jar of Loompa's for a satisfying smoke, regardless of how often I've been smoking her or other potency powerhouses. All around an epic and elite clone-only that deserves space in any garden. Lovely bouquet, but an exquisite effect.

mexweed

Veteran
yeah loompa's is an OG or OG hybrid and not at all AJ's underdog or diesel, I thought some years ago this was a huge debate and got hashed out, it was probably the loompa's thread on here that I'm remembering

and there's a good chance that any underdog being passed around as AJ's or diesel is actually a cut of stardawg

Latest posts

Latest posts