What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Most places list what they expect. Harborside only vends Tue-Sat 11am-2:30 and 3:30-5 or something like that. There you sit in line in a vending, waiting room. First come first serve.
do you vend to any other clubs?

Thanks foothill.

Can we stop banning this character? I feel like I'm close to understanding the spunion language. I know there are some gems hiding in there somewhere.
caterpillar might can translate :laughing:

H

HazyBulldog

Screws - yea, I have vended to many. Nobody as professional or willing to maintain constant business as Harborside. Most likely due to the volume they consume. Some clubs like the Green Door in SF don't really want outdoor, IME. They will take concentrates though.

H

HazyBulldog

How about you screws, or anybody else? What are people entering into the cup this year?

O

Oakhills

With your cup entries, did you rinse the flowers in clean water to get any dust off of it just before hanging to dry? I heard that can influence the flavor and give about 10% more THC readings (say from 23% to 25%).... I think it was Kevin Jordy talking about that..

Anyway, good luck at the Cup with your entries!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
How about you screws, or anybody else? What are people entering into the cup this year?

I might enter some Space Monkey , had one plant that came out smelling like straight lavender petals, tastes the same too.

might enter my best Ancient OG also but probably not. i think one entry is good, everyone should be able to choose one thing that best represents what they are going for. They should limit the entries to one per person per category. But of course then the promoters wouldnt make as much money and we can't have that can we?

its lame when guys enter hella different things just so they can increase their odds of placing/winning. then they use that win to justify selling seeds for high prices. kinda sad the emerald cup is a hype game. still the best cup around though

theJointedOne

Veteran
I agree shcrews, it was a bit diff when it was at area 101, but now its more of a marketing event. Not my cup of tea tbh but I like going to meet up with folks and see old friends. A handful of folks I call my friends have actually gone from the hidden economy, to being owners of companies that have booths at em cup, amongst others. So it makes me happy to see the progression in that sense. I used to think I wanted the same but now I'm not so sure,but hey who knows?..

I think I'm going to enter some green crack, came out really nice and one of my faves. Winning? Yea right, but the entry pass and perks are always cool.

H

HazyBulldog

With your cup entries, did you rinse the flowers in clean water to get any dust off of it just before hanging to dry? I heard that can influence the flavor and give about 10% more THC readings (say from 23% to 25%).... I think it was Kevin Jordy talking about that..

Anyway, good luck at the Cup with your entries!

Na, I got way too much going on for that. I have heard good things about doing this as well. I also want to do a dunk of peroxide on my littles from the greenhouse, just to see what happens. Next year with a bigger crew maybe.

I might enter some Space Monkey , had one plant that came out smelling like straight lavender petals, tastes the same too.

might enter my best Ancient OG also but probably not. i think one entry is good, everyone should be able to choose one thing that best represents what they are going for. They should limit the entries to one per person per category. But of course then the promoters wouldnt make as much money and we can't have that can we?

its lame when guys enter hella different things just so they can increase their odds of placing/winning. then they use that win to justify selling seeds for high prices. kinda sad the emerald cup is a hype game. still the best cup around though

Interesting point of view, I didn't even think of it that way. I was thinking I like my SSDD over my AOG, but I know for a fact most people prefer the AOG. So really, I was going to enter different strains to judge the market. However, if you enter 20 strains, your chances go way up. I see your point. I bet the space monkey would do well in the contest for sure. AOG no doubt.

I agree shcrews, it was a bit diff when it was at area 101, but now its more of a marketing event. Not my cup of tea tbh but I like going to meet up with folks and see old friends. A handful of folks I call my friends have actually gone from the hidden economy, to being owners of companies that have booths at em cup, amongst others. So it makes me happy to see the progression in that sense. I used to think I wanted the same but now I'm not so sure,but hey who knows?..

I think I'm going to enter some green crack, came out really nice and one of my faves. Winning? Yea right, but the entry pass and perks are always cool.

Been a couple years, but I remember you placing fairly high with some nice things said from the judges about your flowers. That is a win in my book. :tiphat:

If I were to enter the cup, it would be space monkey or golden lemons. Both terpy and stoney af...

Like I just said, I bet the space monkey would do well. Don't know golden lemons. I grew out snow wookie from Bodhi and it's terpy as a motha. However not the stoniest in the world, getting it tested this coming week so we will see %'s. I bet the space monkey tests in the low to mid 20% easily.

jidoka

A dunk in h2o2 is gonna cause some serious oxidation of oils... no? I would think that would destroy some terps and probably lower thc. Definitely would try that on a single plant or nug before I went to it.

H

HazyBulldog

Getting my rosin station all set up. Waiting on my custom frame from ExtractedColorado, but once that shows up, I have about 20 stuffed bins full of flowers, and a entire crop worth of trim to squish. Trim gets spun in my APE, but I am working on a custom, variable speed pollen spinner that holds more like 2000g instead of 150 that the APE is capable of. The APE is a fantastic unit, would recommend it for sure. I will throw pics up once I build my Pollen spinner, but I have parts on order til early Nov.

picture.php

Why ICmag turns all the pics sideways is pissing me off. I keep saying this, but I post on other sites without this issue, and in my albums it shows up correct.....

picture.php

H

HazyBulldog

A dunk in h2o2 is gonna cause some serious oxidation of oils... no? I would think that would destroy some terps and probably lower thc. Definitely would try that on a single plant or nug before I went to it.

That is what I thought, but the people that have tried it says it's the cleanest herb they produced. I at least want to try it. I have a good amount of SBS in the greenhouse that is getting attacked by mildew. It's garbage unless I can clean it. So, I will let you guys know how the peroxide dip goes. Give me a couple weeks.

H

HazyBulldog

BTW, my 3 year old daughter walked up to the APE pollen spinner and said, "why is there a picture of poop on this?" LOL!

O

Oakhills

That squish setup looks nice! You'll have to let us know he returns you are getting! I was thinking of trying out rosin with all the buds I've de-seeded but using a Seal mounting press....

Also, the H2O2 is diluted quite a bit, and you'll see the PM float off the plant.... Wear gloves though as it'll bleach your skin.

Thanks for sharing.

It definitely messes the weed up versus a non dunked flower. It will wash the Pm off and give you something you can market though.

Lots of misinformation coming out of humboldt right now to fuck up new comers it seems

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Getting my rosin station all set up. Waiting on my custom frame from ExtractedColorado, but once that shows up, I have about 20 stuffed bins full of flowers, and a entire crop worth of trim to squish. Trim gets spun in my APE, but I am working on a custom, variable speed pollen spinner that holds more like 2000g instead of 150 that the APE is capable of. The APE is a fantastic unit, would recommend it for sure. I will throw pics up once I build my Pollen spinner, but I have parts on order til early Nov.

View Image

Why ICmag turns all the pics sideways is pissing me off. I keep saying this, but I post on other sites without this issue, and in my albums it shows up correct.....

View Image

awesome post, very interested...

please post another pic when the station is up and running, very interested in picking up a rosin press after selling CLS

H

HazyBulldog

awesome post, very interested...

please post another pic when the station is up and running, very interested in picking up a rosin press after selling CLS

Check out Extracted's page on IG. They are trying for a repeat win in a cup this weekend. They do great work. And fo sho I will be posting up pics of this beast.

It definitely messes the weed up versus a non dunked flower. It will wash the Pm off and give you something you can market though.

Lots of misinformation coming out of humboldt right now to fuck up new comers it seems

Thanks for the tip. My info came out of Calavaras, I guess.

That squish setup looks nice! You'll have to let us know he returns you are getting! I was thinking of trying out rosin with all the buds I've de-seeded but using a Seal mounting press....

Also, the H2O2 is diluted quite a bit, and you'll see the PM float off the plant.... Wear gloves though as it'll bleach your skin.

Thanks for sharing.

I once called poison control because I was using h202 without gloves for the first time ever. I was all panicked that I was going to die, called and told them...... They were like, ummmm, yea, it will turn your skin white. No worries. lol I have always used alcohol.

plantingplants

That pollen extractor sure looks like it beats shaking a bubble bag full of dry ice. Think I'll pick one up.

I feel like some of my dream beaver or LegendOGxSL could be entered but definitely can't be called organic anymore. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.